Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anonymous
Point/Counterpoint - writers wanted
Folks

I'm organising a series of articles to go on this site which takes a topical subject and presents one view, and someone else writes a counter view that readers can then vote on and feed back.

The first article will be about the need to throw away backwards compatibility in the search for OS improvements. I need someone to put the counter view.

If you are interested, or want to suggest topics - no matter how controversial so long as it is Amiga related (see Statement of Intent) please reply.

You will need to put your arguments clearly, without ad hominen, and whether your article "point" or "counterpoint" goes first or second will be decided by the flip of a coin.

Max: 250 words. Diagrams and pictures are welcome, as are youtube video responses (transcript will be posted in the article).

Go to top
Re: Point/Counterpoint - writers wanted
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think I can argue for anything :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DaveP

Quote:
the need to throw away backwards compatibility in the search for OS improvements

Who could be against it? Only people that are happy to see the user base shrinking because people go away to use Windows or MacOS :-/

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Elwood

I don't think he meant people to debate that issue here but rather in the debating articles ;) So let's save that for later.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Yes, sorry. My original intent was to say "I would like to help but I can't", for the reason I left in my comment

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

Quote:
The first article will be about the need to throw away backwards compatibility in the search for OS improvements. I need someone to put the counter view.

You mean you have that article already done or it still needs to be written?

Coder

Go to top
Anonymous
@smithy

Hired

@Coder

I've written the first article "pro change", I now need the anti-abortion counter argument written by someone else so we have balance.

I mean .. ... you know what I mean.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

Quote:

@Coder

I've written the first article "pro change", I now need the anti-abortion counter argument written by someone else so we have balance.

I mean .. ... you know what I mean.

Missus C won't allow any counter arguments.

I am willing to have a crack at it. I mean being able to have counter arguments and not having to sleep in the dog house is sometihng new for me.

Coder

Go to top
Anonymous
@Coder

Yes please, no reason why we can't have three opinions.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DaveP

The first article will be about the need to throw away backwards compatibility in the search for OS improvements.

Ahh, I remember the Silicon Valley wars of 1987. Apple Computer User Group self destructed. It was the introduction of new MacIntosh & hardware. Though, the Apple-IIe users argued, IMac made into history books and today's market, huh!

Go to top

Register To Post