Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Netsurf images 'sharper' than OWB?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is just a general note but why is that all images are much clearer and sharper when I use Netsurf under AmiCygnux then with OWB running natively under OS4.1 ?

Go to top
Re: Netsurf images 'sharper' than OWB?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@328gts

Do you use both on wb screen or both on own screen. Maybe you have 32bit for one of the browser and 16bit on the other. Or maybe they just use different way to write the gfx to the screen like dithering etc. Or shared colours. I dont know. Just speculating

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@328gts

Are you looking at all images, or just scaled images? Does the OS4 native NetSurf also appear to be "sharper"? Can you provide screenshots for comparison?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
If you use 32-bit screens (esp for OWB), then that could be the reason, because AmiCygnix always uses a 16-bit screen (which has less colours & therefore should appear less smooth = sharper).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris Young

Well this is maybe OT but my problem is that NetSurf open the images at the dimension of his current window, for example if i try to enlarge the window the image will resize according to it, so it is difficult to check the real (original) dimension of the image.

Check how OWB or Firefox doing it, it is the correct way IMHO

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Well this is maybe OT but my problem is that NetSurf open the images at the dimension of his current window, for example if i try to enlarge the window the image will resize according to it, so it is difficult to check the real (original) dimension of the image.

Check how OWB or Firefox doing it, it is the correct way IMHO

Check how NetSurf GTK does it and if it's the same, file an enhancement request on the NetSurf bugtracker.

Actually, I'll save you the bother - the GTK version keeps images at 100% all the time, so this is my problem. Shove it on my bugtracker or I'll probably forget.

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

hmm interesting as Netsurf images and text in general are all clearer/sharper to me using Netsurf? so basically the solution is to use 16 bit rather than 32 under OS4.1

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

all images even text under Netsurf...i'll try to snap some screens using both & post them ...the difference is quite noticeable on my Sam

Go to top

Register To Post