Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Remote Hosted Amiga OS4.1 (VNC)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
1) I would like to know if any developers here have interest in paying a small fee to access an AmigaOS 4.1 system for program testing. Access would be through VNC. This will be an AmigaOneXE or a SAM

2) I'm offering free banner space to anyone here for 3 months at http://www.hostcove.com

3) I've got a related hosting poll here:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... hp?topic_id=3146&forum=13

Go to top
Re: Remote Hosted Amiga OS4.1 (VNC)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@logicalheart

I'm not a developer but I tried VNC server on the Amiga SAM and found it to be slow--maybe I don't have it setup right though.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@my_pc_is_amiga

Should be enough for devs to test this or that though even if it's a bit slow.

Problem though is that it would need constant supervising, hitting reset or pressing the power button is not that easy to do remotely ;)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
OS4/Sam needs some kind of "watchdog timer", which if it isn't reset after so many seconds (due to a crash), then the machine will automatically reset. "Watchdog timers" are usually implemented in hardware, but maybe a close approximation could be faked in software?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Anonymous
Well the other problem is that you'd need, cross session, to save out the entire workbench and work drives to somewhere else , and swap another person;s session in.

As for remote reset, what is wrong with an IP based KVM? A reasonably decent one would work better (and take up no Amiga CPU) with VNC than the native Amiga one.

CTRL-Amiga-Amiga reset.

Go to top

Register To Post