Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Has Amiga's Time Come and Gone?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
NO!

Heh, they DO know of us.

Check this out!

We STILL are the one's who should of "had it all", and it's STILL possible to break through.

@^*#, we need faster hardware!!!!!!!

We need more progress, fast.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Has Amiga's Time Come and Gone?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:
Amiga - the little computer that could

It still can. Tell them about my video!

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Atheist

No, we don?t need faster hardware or "faster progress" yet. What we urgently need instead is a more developer friendly SDK, a really stable OS release and, most important, genuine AmigaOS software in high quality.

We had all we need, all the time, and still people are whining about "catching up with ports of the software other OSses have", totally ignoring that those ports will win us nothing. You show to us with your link, how things are really going.

Stop the "port this & that" madness, support AmigaOS-only software and feel the speed of the AmigaOS!

Regards

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@whose

I want faster hardware

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Atheist

It amazes me how much KDE (and some other parts of Linux, but KDE seems to be the main culprit) is like Windows, in fact it's like some kind of awful open source clone of Windows. Everything that is bad about Windows, somebody has decided it would be a good idea to imitate, and even made worse in some cases. Click on a window... it comes to the front. Copy some text from the Shell using the same keyboard shortcut as works everywhere else... oh, no, of course Ctrl-C is a break command in the world's terminals, so WHY ON EARTH is it COPY outside of the terminal??? Copy some text and close the application it was copied from... why the $%@! is my clipboard empty? Rename a file with the wrong extension... the stupid thing tries to load it as what it thinks it is. The other day in Firefox I noticed that I could actually type more than acute-accented characters by holding the Alt Gr key, but there is still no support for dead keys.

Add that it's virtually impossible to fix anything when it doesn't work, because the whole thing is a hacked together mess of programs written by different people that don't really work together, and where things are installed appears to be completely random, and you apparently have to recompile the kernel if you want to add any new hardware (or at the very least, jump through hoops)

The only thing it really has going for it is that it's free, and if it works and you don't attempt to do anything out of the ordinary it might continue to work.

It really has a long way to go to get anywhere close to AmigaOS.

Go to top

Register To Post