Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 157

skynet, Gregor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: MAME any progress on a new version?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MagicSN

Quote:

MagicSN wrote:

Nice to see some of the same people like in the "good old times" are still on at Amiga forums

Yes, forgot about our crazy infatuation with speed of our cpus and revision numbers of released utilities or programs. The latter could perhaps be more my weakness? If I saw a x.01 higher on a BBS I wanted it yesterday!

And yes, AMEN to keeping the humor and good will alive, take a long bow jahc my man *slayer does a MJ twirl and drops down to a cheating splits routine*

But likewise, Very GOOD to see the wisdom of coding on AmigaOS is still well represented today!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MagicSN

Will the version you're working on have mouse support for shooting games (like Crossbow)? Trying to aim the crosshairs with the arrow keys isn't very efficient.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

I can only say that on an Amiga 4000 with CybPPC I never saw such a thing as you describe. And again: That later versions of Mame are "somewhat" slower is natural. Mame gets slower and slower once more emulations and emulations "closer to the original" come in. The original authors are PC coders who deal with "current PCs" and don't give a damn about "slower systems". If you'd compile an SDL version of both old Mame and new Mame you would as well notice that huge speed difference. And with the A1200 hardware not the best (especially memory access wise) at one point it goes too slow.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MagicSN

The strange things is that you try to run mame on sam ep440 and the same mame with the same game on the amiga 1200 os4classic. You obtain the same fps.. that's strange...
there is a difference from 210 Mhz and 667 Mhz...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

The same FPS, because the game is synced. If it have free resources left, they are given back to the system. But with old SDL ports, you can not see, because the older SDL have this bug, where it always used 100% the CPU. Probably because of delay loops, instead of timer interrupts for frame rate sync.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@drHirudo

Bernd_AFA try to update SDL.library 68k actually (see on utilitybase.com) and port some others SDL.library too.

Of course tested here give 100% CPU allways for SDL apps. If you could elaborate more about this problems (if you have a good knowledge about this problem), you are welcomed here

I will transmit to bernd_AFA of course. The other way is give direclty the informations to bernd_AFA if you are a user of utilitybase.com or an other method. Thanks in advance.

If someone else have the skill about the 100% CPU SDL.library fact, please inform us here, thanks

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Information Update:

I had some problems with sound and cpu object files not compiling/linking (the system not even TRYING to compile them) which I at the end found out was a bug I introduced when updating the highly complicated Mame Makefile to the latest version. I fixed that once I found out the problem. Some more problems (again due to the makefile) that then sounds were TWO TIMES linked in.

Just trying to link again, more errors of that kind (some compilers ignore duplicate definitions, the one I use doesn't), so more work on the makefile.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN

Ok, thanks for updates, good luck Steffen, looking forward for xMame and WarpSnes too

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MagicSN

Thanks for your effort for Mame. Greatly, greatly appreciated

Why not working together with Morphos Mame author, Fab1 ??

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)