Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Higher Radeon resolution and centering problems
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello, I've purchased AGP Radeon 9250 with 256MB RAM. The OS4.0 Screenmode shows 1280x1024 32bit as a maximum resolution. How can I set it to 1680x1050 according to my LCD? I assume the Radeon is capable of displaying such a resolution, right?

Edited by AmiKit on 2008/11/30 17:54:42
Go to top
Re: Higher Radeon resolution?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Add this: MODE=1680x1050@60 line to the tooltypes of your DEVS:Monitors/Radeon. Check also these:
VSYNCMIN=
VSYNCMAX=
HSYNCMIN=
HSYNCMAX=

that they're matching values in the manual of your monitor (so you won't break your monitor).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Many thanks! It works in 1650x1050 now.

However the screen is now shifted to the right. I adjusted it manually using the monitor's controls but it's not enough, the screen is still shifted a bit to the right. I can see only half of the screen-depth button.

Is there something like OS3.x Overscan Preferences in OS4.0? Or is there any other possibility how to fix it?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit

If you had OS4.1 you could try adding +RB to the Tooltypes:
MODE=1680x1050@60+RB

Some TFT/LCD monitors (like mine) needs this to recognise the selected screenmode correctly.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ZeroG

No, I don't have OS4.1 yet. Is it the feature of OS4.1 only?

The monitor is LG L206WTQ, the autoset feature of the monitor centers the screen for a few seconds only and then it shifts to the right...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit
Quote:

No, I don't have OS4.1 yet. Is it the feature of OS4.1 only?

Yes, its 4.1 only, together with DVI support for Radeon cards.

However, you could reactive the old P96Mode-Prefs and could try if minimal changes of the frequences help.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ZeroG

Okay, one more reason to buy OS4.1.

Is the +RB feature documented somewhere?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit
Quote:

Is the +RB feature documented somewhere?

Yes, in SYS:Documentation/Picasso96/ScreenModes.doc.

Please note that this +RB thing is just a guess from me.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
However the screen is now shifted to the right. I adjusted it manually using the monitor's controls but it's not enough, the screen is still shifted a bit to the right. I can see only half of the screen-depth button.

The monitor is LG L206WTQ, the autoset feature of the monitor centers the screen for a few seconds only and then it shifts to the right...

I have LG 204. Make sure your monitor has recognized the screen mode correctly and do that auto adjust then again. If it hasn't recognized the screen mode and you have an input switch in your monitor try switching between analog and digital inputs as many times as is required it to recognize correct screen mode. Or open another screen on your Amiga which has different resolution than Workbench and switch between those screens as many times is needed your monitor to recognize the screen mode. Or if you have a Linux/Winblows box (or Linux installed on your Amiga) you could try to use them to adjust your monitors settings and then switch back to your Amiga (and don't touch auto adjust button ever again .

Quote:
Okay, one more reason to buy OS4.1.

DVI works perfectly with AOS4.1. I don't have any problems with it.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: Higher Radeon resolution and centering problems
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit

I have the same graphics card and the problem I have (since OS4 and still on OS4.1) is this:

When the OS4.1 bootscreen appears, the display appears shifted to the left with a think white line/border down the right handside of the screen.

The problem also occurs when I run a Hollywood script on it's own screen and with Quake 1/2 on it's own screen.

As mentioned, I've had this problem since OS4 with the 9250 graphics card (I had an 8500LE before this, since donated to Mick the Greek (MikeyC) which did not share this problem)

Any ideas anyone?

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rudei

What monitor do you have ?

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Hi,

It's a crappy 15 inch Compaq thing - you reckon this could be it?

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:

Is there something like OS3.x Overscan Preferences in OS4.0? Or is there any other possibility how to fix it?

goto the Screenmode preferences and tick the "Default" Width and Height gadget

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you all for the input on this. My old CRT died last night, and thanks to the info here, I now have a new LG 22 inch flat/wide-screen up and running nicely at 1680 x 1050.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Actually, this is really weird - if I press the Auto-Adjust now the problem goes away....

I need a new monitor anyway, but I think I can live with pressing the Auto-Adjust for now!

Thanks,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top

Register To Post