Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

GRR - Timeout
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I was making a long post (probably spent some 10-15 minutes writing it) and when I clicked the "preview" button, a message came up "token expired".

I lost the lot.

Couldn't the timeout be a little longer, like 20 mins?

Go to top
Re: GRR - Timeout
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Try what I do when I have written a long post:

I select-all and copy it to the clipboard. That way, if something persnickety happens on the way to submitting, I still have what I wrote, and I can just paste it into a sparkling new form in less than a second.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Another advice would be to write your message in a word processor and leave it either open or save the text before you submit the message. Then you can even run a spellchecker on the text.
Of course this is too much hassle for short messages, but for longer ones it makes sense.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
In Ibrowse you can just click the E on the bottom right corner of the Message area box and it brings up a text editor for you. Very cool feature. Though I don't know if that would help with the timeout issue though. But the text editor will stay open at least until you find out if your post went through or not.

Go to top

Register To Post