Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Djvu
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Question for developers.

http://djvu.sourceforge.net/

Any chance port for OS4 (maybe X11)?

Go to top
Re: Djvu
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mufa

what a coincidence! got a oscilloscope manual service in that format ... been forced to see/print it from win.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

I asked that question some months ago too.
AFAIR the most answers I got where that PDF is becoming the standard anyway. so what's the point.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Amigo1

Hmm, many old Amiga magazines only djvu archived.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mufa

I have made a port, only the command line tools though, and they don't need X11. I have cross compiled them and not checked them yet, I don't know if they work:

http://digilander.libero.it/varthall/

Varthall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Varthall

oh... right... i was supposed to test those for you...
i downloaded to ram: and then rebooted and forgot about it :/
but i guess you am able to test them yourself now.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Varthall

Very thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

which is the exe to simply view a .djvu?

Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Framiga

Unfortunately you can't view them directly, this port only contains command-line tools to create and convert djvu files. Here is a list of some of the commands available with their description:

http://djvu.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

Djview and nsdejavu aren't available. With ddjvu it "should" be possible to convert the documents in PNM or TIFF images, while djvups should output PS files, which could be converted to PDF using Ghostscripter (AmiPDF might even directly support PS, too). Once everything is checked and working, the next step could be to add djvu support to AmiPDF.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
ok thank you Varthall!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

I wanted to convert some djvu files with your port but it's asking for SDK assigns... I don't want to install the SDK just for that. Is there a way to go around ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

AFAIR the most answers I got where that PDF is becoming the standard anyway. so what's the point.

Djvu is suited better to contain scanned text documents (display quality and commpressin wise)
And it's still kicking.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Murakami

I have updated my website with a new compile of DjVuLibre, this one shouldn't ask anymore for the SDK assings. Remember to change the suffix from .rar to .lha:
http://digilander.libero.it/varthall/

I must add that the exe haven't been stripped of the debugging stuff, that's why they are that large.

Varthall

Edited by Varthall on 2008/11/7 13:25:23
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Thanks for this new version. But it doesn't work. I want to convert a file named Physique.djvu to a postscript file named Physique.ps. All files are in the same dir. So I typed in a shell :
djvups Physique.djvu Physique.ps

Then I have the error message :
djvups: ** Unrecognized DjVu Message:
** Message name: ByteStream.open_fail
Parameter: Physique.djvu
Parameter: No such file or directory
djvups: 'ByteStream.cpp:676'
djvups: Try option --help.

I don't really understand what it happens... It seems djvups doesn't find the file to convert ?!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Murakami

Try running it under abc-shell (just run "sh"; if you don't have abc-shell, download it from os4depot). Looking at the code it seems that the filename is being converted from UTF8 before trying to open it, I still don't know what happens there though. A wild guess, but you might also try adding an Unix-style path to the filenames (under abcshell):

djvups ./Physique.djvu ./Physique.ps

I don't have here my A1, unfortunately, so I can't test it yet.

EDIT: Another idea: it might be an Unix path problem which has been addressed in the first beta (using the -lunix switch during the linking stage, which has been removed), if everything fails, try running the beta01 version and assign every assign request to the program's directory. This will be a temporary solution until I fix this problem.

Link to the older version: http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/ ... DjVuLibre_3520_beta01.rar

Varthall

Edited by Varthall on 2008/11/7 14:54:41
Edited by Varthall on 2008/11/7 15:04:44
Go to top

Register To Post