Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

BCP, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

PageStream 4 and OS 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
PageStream 4 is an application I use very often but now it has somme problems with OS 4.1. For example, I can't import any picture in a document. Any clue to solve this ?

Go to top
Re: PageStream 4 and OS 4.1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Murakami

Have you tried contacting Deron about this.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Murakami

I use PGS 5 pro and had a problem at startup under OS 4.1.
The pgs screen was set under the "screens prefs" as a clone of th WB, but it started to crash at startup with a total freeze of the whole computer, so that I had to press the reset button.

I had to remove from the list in the "screens" prefs and now it works (with an ugly oldstyle mui gui). It imports the graphics as before (the pgs 5 ppc version can't still import jpg, everything else works perfectly)

Luca

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ricossa

Seems I forgot that 5 was the latest version. So Deron won't be much help for getting V4 working on 4.1.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Murakami

It is bad news for me. My copy of OS4.1 is on the way, but I did not even dreamed that PGS will have more problems than it has currently.

When I asked Deron about some fix to the 4.1.5.6., he stated that it don't worth the time.

Please say that I'm wrong, but the current PGS5 is unusable for real work as I saw when it is started.

Did you tried to blacklist PGS in Prefs/Compatibility?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lazi

In fact, PageStream 4 doesn't like the new ASL requesters. It makes it completly unusable... And no, PageStream being in the black list doesn't solve anything.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

Yes, there is no PS5 for Amiga as yet, despite countless promises over the years. I am very disappointed with this.

ace

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:

I use PGS 5 pro and had a problem at startup under OS 4.1.
The pgs screen was set under the "screens prefs" as a clone of th WB, but it started to crash at startup with a total freeze of the whole computer, so that I had to press the reset button.

I had to remove from the list in the "screens" prefs and now it works (with an ugly oldstyle mui gui). It imports the graphics as before (the pgs 5 ppc version can't still import jpg, everything else works perfectly)

When Deron switched to MUI for PageStream 5, I didn't bother to upgrade because it is unlikely that MUI will ever be updated on OS4.xx. PageStream, BME & Pageliner all open on OS4 style screens without using the "Screens" prefs. I just select "New Public" in Pagestream/Screen Preferences and I get an attractive OS4 screen (like WorkBench).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Murakami

Quote:
In fact, PageStream 4 doesn't like the new ASL requesters. It makes it completly unusable... And no, PageStream being in the black list doesn't solve anything.

Since PageStream 4 seems to clone WorkBench by default maybe some of the new features like "compositing" are a problem. Have you tried turning off that feature? Have you tried changing the ASL prefs? My copy of OS 4.1 is still on the way but I'm going to be really pissed if PageStream doesn't work. Over the years I've spent far more for PageStream upgrades than I did for OS 4.1. I can't believe that OS 4.1 would not have been beta tested with a major application like PageStream so there must be a solution.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I use Pagestream on a regular, almost daily basis.
This is a good reason for me not to upgrade to 4.1

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

I've found a solution. You must deselect the option "Force" in the ASL Prefs. And now PageStream 4 rocks again !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Murakami
Quote:
I've found a solution. You must deselect the option "Force" in the ASL Prefs. And now PageStream 4 rocks again !

I don't see a "Force" option in OS4 ASL prefs so I assume that it's another new addition that I will have to disable. I'm glad PageStream 4 works with OS 4.1 I wish my copy would arrive. It was sent 5 days ago. It must be on a slow flight over the Atlantic ocean.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@acefnq

Although it is not really complete, Pgs5.0 is very useable.
The real drawbacks I find are : a refresh bug (whenever you move the sliders inside the window the display is corrupted and you have to hit F10 in order to get back the real display) and it can't import jpg images.
For printing, it only does postscript, but I save pdf and print with amipdf.
I use it every day an do all my work with it.

luca

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Murakami

Quote:
@Swoop

Thank goodness, I was panicking for a while.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post