Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

HTTP: request
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I installed wet this morning, and in the readme there are three sites provided for finding your location co-ordinates. These site url's are underlined, and I clicked on the streetmap.co.uk one and got a system requester asking;

Quote:
Please insert volume
HTTP:
in any drive
Can anyone shed any light on the above. I know I have had problems getting OpenURL to work correctly, so maybe it is related to that, or do I need to download a HTTP.device from somewhere.

Anyway I thought somebody here would know more than I, so thanks for your help in advance.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Re: HTTP: request
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

Sounds like its using the HTTP: handler...

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... work/misc/httphandler.lha

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

Hi peter
As your near me these should be close enough
Latitude = 51 - 19 - 46 - N
longitude = 0 - 42 - 22 - W

ICAO = EGLF

which should give you Farnborough.

Hope that helps

Andy

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
in the readme there are three sites provided for finding your location co-ordinates. These site url's are underlined, and I clicked on the streetmap.co.uk one and got a system requester asking;

Really? There shouldn't be any URLs showing as links in the readme or the guide. If you double-click on them AmigaGuide might have a go at opening them though (probably with little success, even if http-handler and html.datatype is present)

If there really are links there let me know exactly where and I'll fix them.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

In the "Installation and Initial Setup" node. I click on them and Multiview just says "Loading...", but doesn't do anything else.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

In the wet.guide on the Installation page the three sites provided to get the location co-ordinates from are underlined. Whether this is just a feature of MultiView, or your script I don't know.

Anyway, I have installed HTTP handler, and I now get the same reponse as valiant. Maybe I need to configure HTTP handler in some way.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
OK, the underlining is mine, but it is only underlining, there is no link there.

What you are seeing is an AmigaGuide "feature", where double-clicking on a word will open a node of that name. External links work as well, so if I (for some reason) have t:usb.log/main in my text, double-clicking on it will open t:usb.log and show the "main" node.

With the URLs, AmigaGuide attempts to read the files but gives up ("Loading" remaining in the titlebar is a bug). I see from the debug log that it is trying to lock the file before it opens it, which http-handler doesn't support.

Even if it did it wouldn't work, as AmigaGuide requires that external links end in a node name (eg /main).

I'll change these to command buttons using openurl to avoid future confusion!

Chris

Go to top

Register To Post