Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

mui and middle mouse button scrolling
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

using mui3.9 on os4 you can scroll in lists (or ibrowse) by pressing the the middle mouse button and drag up/down. when double clicking the mmb you "lock" (or unlock) this feature - getting a different mouse pointer and can scroll around by just moving the mouse. nice. the pointer looks ugly but it is nice.
what annoys me is that you can also activate this feature by pressing CTRL and double click with the left mouse button. this is very #&* when opening several links (for example here from the front page) in new tabs (CTRL + click opens links in new tabs).
so if you try to open two or more links that way quickly you activate that mode instead.

can this somehow be deactivated? i mean can i deactivate the CTRL+doubleclick feature?

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Re: mui and middle mouse button scrolling
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

It's easily done. just go into settings/gui and in default behaviour use new browser, in background & closes browser. That way you don't need to press ctrl, just click on the link.

I doubt it will be removed as it's for classics with only 2 mouse buttons...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

Quote:

Severin wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

It's easily done. just go into settings/gui and in default behaviour use new browser, in background & closes browser. That way you don't need to press ctrl, just click on the link.

I doubt it will be removed as it's for classics with only 2 mouse buttons...

i already use this setting. but this will not open a link in a new browser... only if the link leads to a new window usually.
i want "normal" links still to open in the same browser - just like it does now.

i just want to be able to disable the "ctrl+doubleclick leads to scrolling" feature somehow.

byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

You can't disable it but you can work round it... another option is to use the "view link in new inactive browser" option in a fab menu. Moving that option to the middle of the menu makes it very quick and easy to access.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Perhaps a new hotkey (or menu item+hotkey) could be assigned so that it doesn't collide with the Ctrl+double-click->scroll?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post