Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 130

afxgroup, jarokuczi, Lio, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Revert archive agg2sdk.lha immediately
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
It seems somebody has ignored my pass phrase and overwrote the agg2sdk.lha archive without my permission to do so.

Please revert it back to the 2.4 version immediately.

As I tried to explain a zillion times now the 2.5 version of AGG is under the GPL. You cannot just start using it without serious implications.

I would also like to know why my pass phrase was ignored by the OS4Depot admins?

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Re: Revert archive agg2sdk.lha immediately
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ssolie

It was spotUP that did this without going through me first. He claimed that he had spoken to you two first. I'll talk to him again.

(File restored from mirror)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ssolie

w00t... sorry, i thought you was ok with it..
i asked you to update it as antique needed it and you told me to tell him to use your makefile and update it..
sorry.

something wrong with his upload?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

it's got something to do with the gpl license?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Maybe version 2.5 could be added in a separate archive e.g., aggv2.5.lha, for those that need v2.5. A warning about the license should also be added since GPL means that you cannot use it in closed-source program.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

and named as aggv2.5_gpl.lha or similar.
or gpl_aggv2.5.lha.
(For ppl who'll miss the documented notice)

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@spotUP
It is free software. Anyone can update it all you like of course. That is what I meant.

I never gave permission to overwrite the archive and override my pass phrase. Please, always get an explicit written email from the author of any piece of software on OS4Depot which is protected by a pass phrase. There may be good reasons the pass phrase is there (as in this case) and there is no big hurry.

That said, if the author of the AGG 2.5 port would like to upload it then go for it and use a different file name. The way it was done was extremely poor. First, there is was indication it is GPL licensed unless you first downloaded the package. Second, the description text was a cut & paste from the 2.4 version which just confuses everybody.

I would suggest agg2sdk-gpl.lha or similar just to make sure developers realize there was a severe licensing change.

Update: I just noticed you guys did upload the package. Unfortunately, it is still marked as Licensing: Other and the description is terrible. Please fix.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ssolie

Yes, as I said this morning, your file was restored. I've updated the 2.5 readme. Unfortunately the uploader's email seems invalid so I can't request a better description from him.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Hans/Jack

OS4Depot does not allow version names in filenames. When there's different versions of the same software and both needs to be on the site there's usually an extension to the filename, such as "_gpl", in this case.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
@Hans/Jack

OS4Depot does not allow version names in filenames. When there's different versions of the same software and both needs to be on the site there's usually an extension to the filename, such as "_gpl", in this case.

That works fine too.

Hans

Go to top

Register To Post