Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
204 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
After LightwaveRTG we continue to adapt and improve older applications that work—or previously didn't work well—on our beloved OS4. Now it is the turn of the much-loved Scenery Animator 4.

==============================================================================

SCENERY ANIMATOR 4.03 RTG 2026

==============================================================================

A patch for Scenery Animator 4.03 (Natural Graphics, 1993) that brings the
program to RTG screens, adds modern image and video output formats, 3D object
export, terrain import from heightmaps and standard DEM files, atmospheric
haze, antialiasing, and a number of everyday improvements.

You can send a tip for beers to PayPal account lantolkien@gmail.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUIREMENTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- An Amiga with a graphics card and Picasso96 or CyberGraphX, AmigaOS 3.x,
AmigaOS 4 on PowerPC, or MorphOS.
- 68020 or better with a 68881/882 FPU, same as the original. On PowerPC
the system's built-in 68k emulation takes care of this.
- Without Picasso96, graphics.library V40 and cybergraphics.library are
used instead (see NOTES).

Tested on AmigaOS 4.1 on an X5000, on AmigaXE under QEMU, on AmigaOS 3.2 and
3.9 with an RTG board (also under emulation), and on MorphOS on G5, X5k and
MacMini.

Download Link.

https://mega.nz/file/35gxnYSK#HKYDCQXy ... 5dxazpe83tMcG9ikIrllIjD90


Edited by kikems on 2026/10/5 10:49:07
Edited by kikems on 2026/10/5 10:49:33
Edited by kikems on 2026/10/5 13:10:03
X5040 - 4 Gb ram - Radeon RX 580 POLARIS
Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator RTG on the way.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
This is more good news to follow all the other good news we've been getting lately. LightwaveRTG and Scenery Animator RTG are going to get opened with some frequency on my computers.

It'd be awesome to see something happen with VistaPro too, in time.

Kikems and Tolkien, thank you so much.

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator RTG on the way.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@kikems

AWESOME!!!! Great work tolkien et al!!!!

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator RTG on the way.
Home away from home
Home away from home


See User information
Thanks

_______________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@93, A4000-CSMKIII
PiStorm32 & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga1000 & AmigaONE X1000 !
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
Finish, I update first post with download link and some info.
We left as mega download link few days if all works good we´ll publish as patch on Aminet/MosStorage/OS4Depot.

Enjoy.

X5040 - 4 Gb ram - Radeon RX 580 POLARIS
Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@kikems

thank you for this !

I have a quick question: would it be possible to do the same thing with Tornado3D? It seems to me that it’s one of the last major 3D programs developed for the Amiga, so the 3D looks better, too.

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@sinisrus

We work on Tornado since 1 year, now is working in NG like MOS but we found a problem with Petunia on OS4 that we need fix.
We think is an fpu precision problem.

X5040 - 4 Gb ram - Radeon RX 580 POLARIS
Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
I'd reupload .lha on first post because have an error.

X5040 - 4 Gb ram - Radeon RX 580 POLARIS
Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@kikems

Ohhhhh !!!!!! Tornado3D is in the works !!!

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@sinisrus

Yes, and your Pixy will be big update in 2027.

X5040 - 4 Gb ram - Radeon RX 580 POLARIS
Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator RTG on the way.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@mbrantley

Have you tried World Construction Set? I haven't yet checked if it runs on OS4 myself. What from what I recall it was more advanced than VistaPro as well as being more system friendly. The source code is also available so a native build isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Download

https://aminet.net/package/gfx/3d/wcs

Manual

https://aminet.net/package/docs/misc/wcs_manual_v1.1

https://aminet.net/package/gfx/3d/wcs_manual_de_v1.2

Source code

https://github.com/AlphaPixel/3DNature

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator RTG on the way.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@Rob

Oddly, considering my interest in these types of programs, I never did give WCS an honest go. Back in the '90s I "borrowed" a copy so didn't have any documentation so didn't know what I was doing. Nonetheless, it seemed to be very crashy and unstable on my system back then. Since I got back into Amigas I have not (yet) revisisted that software.

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
I have been playing with Scenery Animator RTG a bit this afternoon, and it is a lot of fun. I've so far been using it on my X5000 but I will also test it on my X1000 and my A500 with Vampire. On the X5000, I really appreciate that the interface shows correctly proportioned on a 640x480 screen. I was previously able to get the original Scenery Animator with a 200 line interface to only use less than half of a 480 line screen when I messed with it on my X1000. Since we cannot do true 320x200 and 640x200 screens anymore on these OS4 machines, this is nice that you guys thought of this and corrected for it. It looks great!

I have a suggestion. I see you have removed the Amiga chip set rendering modes as well as the DCTV ones. I understand most RTG users will be just fine with this. My Vampire machine has RTG of course, but it also has OCS/ESC chips *and* and I have and still use a DCTV box that feeds its lovely analog signal to one of my Ikegami broadcast monitors. (I work at a TV station so have brought all kinds of "trash" old gear home over the years!) So, I would love to see those old render modes put back into the program. Now, I realize I could just use the original SA on my A500 for those modes, but then I couldn't use the interface on my RTG monitor. Just a suggestion!

I hope you guys will do something with VistaPro, even though I have it pretty much close to perfectly working under OS4 using mode promotion and some trickery. But you folks have shown you're willing and capable to add new features too!

What else are you guys going to come out with? Would Imagine RTG be a thing? Deluxe Paint RTG? Hah. It'd be nice if ADPro would work right again. Whatever you do, I am down for it! This stuff is so much fun.

Go to top
Re: New Scenery Animator 4 RTG release.
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@kikems

I can't wait to see the Pixy update!! 😊

Go to top

  Register To Post

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project