Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 136

Rob, NinjaCyborg, samo79, Petrol, more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

How to boot Sam460 from PCIe x1 or x4 slot
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
I just wrote the new Sam460ex Uboot version 2015.d to an Atmel EEPROM chip and it is working fine.

However, I've not been able to boot on the PCIe x1 or x4 slots using a Silicon Image Sii3132 card.

I made these steps:
- opened jumper J16
- set the serdes uboot variable to pci-e
- set boot1 variable as the Sii3132 drive

I get the same result in either slot. Uboot sees the drive partition as bootable, but while AmigaOS4 loads, it can't see any bootable partitions in the early startup menu and I get the Disk Insert animation. I put the hard disk back onto the onboard SATA and it works fine. Has anyone gotten this to work? My onboard USB controller is dead, but I don't think that would affect the PCIe boot.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Re: How to boot Sam460 from PCIe x1 or x4 slot
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
Hi logicalheart,
booting is supported from both the 1x and 4x slots.
Could you confirm if you are running the latest driver version (sii3132sata.device 1.2)?

Go to top
Re: How to boot Sam460 from PCIe x1 or x4 slot
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@AlfredOne

Thank you. I was ignorant of the requirement for that driver. I did not have any version installed. I've installed version 1.2 and can boot now.

Adding the links here for anyone else who needs it.
Direct: https://www.acube-systems.biz/download ... =sii3132sata_dev_v1.2.lha

Or on the main page in the "Latest Files" section: https://www.acube-systems.biz/

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Re: How to boot Sam460 from PCIe x1 or x4 slot
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
Hi
Do you change the cable setting as instruct by acube-system.

Go to top
Re: How to boot Sam460 from PCIe x1 or x4 slot
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@logicalheart

Uboot can see a disk connected to the 3132 but then OS4 starts and it needs to be able to read on the 3132 on its own.
That's why the 3132 driver needs to be installed in OS4.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top

  Register To Post

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project