Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Hyperion managed by liquidator; bankruptcy looming.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kamelito
Buying what already done, is not the same as buy developer's wish to develop futher what were bought. The main point together with paying to developers is to organize whole process: betatesting, organizing, compiling of betas, etc, etc. Hyperion (at least who were in charge) doing it well. They have beta ftp, files uploaded immediately after developer (not Ben) wish or have time for, all automated and done like in software company. With Enhancer its Mattew upload files taken from developers when he have time, its Mattew only who preparing beta archives, its Mattew who in charge about whole look and installation process, etc, etc. Anyone can imagine how muchbtime simple things take. So.. you can buy everything, but witout proper managment, without hiring someone for the work, splittling the work, giving the necessary areas to proffesionals it will be always a mess with simple bugs, which will be not dealt with, just because Mattew is not programmer and have no time for everything. Together with all this buying anything not mean developer will have a wish to work like that after leaving proper organization of betatesting and co as in Hyperion.

In end, everything ends up as it now: manually install necessary stuff by hands from Enhancer. I.e. buyin everything, but with no infrastrucure, and keeping as it now, lead to nothing.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e
You are most probably right, they are not even able to manage their shop and clients properly seeing all the people complaining about their « services ».
Customer satisfaction is low for what I have read.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just want the momentum from AmigaOS3.2 to continue and for AmigaOS4.2 to finally be a reality! Heck call it OS5 if we get multi core support

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As a naive I wonder, but couldn't AEon make a generous offer to Ben in order to buy the whole mumbo-jumbo and finally get him out of the way? 😌

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I guess now would be a good time to download the SDK if I ever want to try my hand at Amiga 4.1 programming.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this. 12 hours for a 330 mb download - Oops 8 hours - no - 13 hours - no - 7 hours - no - 12 hours again . . .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

That may not even be needed. Amiga Documents has just translated a hit piece on Trevor -- which is way over the top IMO -- but did contain an interesting tidbit. He may already have joint ownership of AOS4.

https://sites.google.com/site/amigadoc ... ainment-rtd-gray-eminence

I really hate articles like this trying to insinuate Trevor is part of some evil conspiracy with Ben, etc. If he does have joint ownership -- or will if Hyperion goes bankrupt -- I can hardly think of better hands.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Will BigD get all the rights to AmigaOS? Or maybe Doommaster beat him to it?

DiscreetFX Studios
http://www.discreetfx.com

Making Your Digital Films More Effective!

AmigaOS 4.1: AmigaOne X5000
MorphOS: Powerbook G4, iBook G4
Classic AmigaOS: CDTV(2), Amiga CD32, Amiga 3000, Vampire V4+: ApollOS, AmigaOS 3.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eliyahu

Well this seems like a good news, or let's hope so

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eliyahu

+1 I'll be relieved if Trevor is in charge of Hyperion moving forward

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)