Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 120

Nuder_Try, amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@derfs
Quote:
00025 DH1/SmartFilesystem 1.293  o.k. = ReplyPkt(0x676B5054,R1=0,R2=103) [ACTION_STARTUP 0] [23uS]
R2 is the error code, from dos/errors.h
#define ERROR_NO_FREE_STORE 103

???

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

beats me.. its a basic 4.1FE upd2 install for QEMU-sam460 with 512Mb, and I had snoopy and mounter open with almost 400Mb ram free.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Where does SFS version 1.293 come from? The install CD seems to have 1.290 and did not find a new version in updates 1 and 2.
The Aminet 1.277 version also fails on pegasos2 the same way as 1.290 on sam460ex but 1.290 works on pegasos2. I'm still lost about what makes it exit on sam460ex. This happens somewhere after it checked the system type but before opening other libraries.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
Where does SFS version 1.293 come from?
Enhancer Software (version 2.2), the versions available for each of it's parts, which can be installed/updated by the included Updater tool, are listed on https://www.amisphere.com/updater/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
OK, I don't have Enhancer but we should aim to fix it for 1.290 that's on the install CD otherwise it would be difficult to install a system. I assume that version should work on real hardware if it comes with the sam460 install CD.
If I enable WaitPkt/ReplyPkt logs in Snoopy I also get the same logs but the ReplyPkt is followed by close(dos.library) on QEMU sam460ex.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It looks like the function that checks PCI bridges returns 0 and that makes it exit. Even if it finds 1014:27f it goes on trying 12d8:8150 then exits with 0 which the caller treats as an error and closes dos.library and exits (even if I add a dummy 8150 bridge device to sam460ex). At least that's what I think without the source. If you have the source please check this function and tell me what it may be missing on QEMU that it checks additionally to PCI device IDs. It may be some property of the PCI bridge is missing on QEMU that it looks for.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
I assume that version should work on real hardware if it comes with the sam460 install CD.
Depends on the version of the install CD:
- The SFS versions (I don't remember which versions of SFS were included on which versions of the AmigaOS 4.x CDs) included until Amiga OS 4.1 Update 5 or 6, the last AmigaOS 4.x distribution for which Hyperion had the permission to include my SFS versions as free contribution on the CDs, should work.
- Pirate copies of my software, for example the SFS version included by Hyperion despite explicit prohibition to continue using any of my AmigaOS 4.x software on their AmigaOS 4.1 CDs, for example AmigaOS 4.1 Update 7/"Final Edition" or anything later, should fail.
It's not limited to SFS, most of my AmigaOS 4.x software illegally distributed on such AmigaOS 4.1 CDs, for example AmiDVD and several others should fail as well. No matter if real hardware or emulated.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
joerg wrote:

@balaton
Quote:
I assume that version should work on real hardware if it comes with the sam460 install CD.
Depends on the version of the install CD:
- The SFS versions (I don't remember which versions of SFS were included on which versions of the AmigaOS 4.x CDs) included until Amiga OS 4.1 Update 5 or 6, the last AmigaOS 4.x distribution for which Hyperion had the permission to include my SFS versions as free contribution on the CDs, should work.
- Pirate copies of my software, for example the SFS version included by Hyperion despite explicit prohibition to continue using any of my AmigaOS 4.x software on their AmigaOS 4.1 CDs, for example AmigaOS 4.1 Update 7/"Final Edition" or anything later, should fail.
It's not limited to SFS, most of my AmigaOS 4.x software illegally distributed on such AmigaOS 4.1 CDs, for example AmiDVD and several others should fail as well. No matter if real hardware or emulated.

SFS v1.277 PPC on aminet (and v1.293 in enhancer) has the same issue as v1.290 on the AOS4.1FE iso as far as I can tell, where-as SFS v1.277 68k works.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@derfs
I'll fix any problems with the Enhancer Software versions of SFS, but that may take some months (no public release until it was successfully tested by several beta testers) until a public update can be released.
No support for the ancient Aminet/OS4Depot versions any more, neither m68k nor PPC, and of course especially none for the versions on Hyperion's AmigaOS piracy software collection CDs like "AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition".

BTW: I never expected to still have to support the ancient SFS (of course it's better than FFS, but even SFS was designed already about 30 years ago, for HD partitions up to about 100 MB), the much better NGFS should have been available since at least 15 years...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Sorry, I mentioned the different SFS versions to show that it is less likely an issue with SFS, but more to do with the OS4 function call SFS is using that fails the check for the PCI bridge.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The call to OS4 that queries the bridge device does not fail but when the PCI bridge is found SFS then checks for the Pericom bridge and that's not there so then returns 0 from the function that checks for bridges but I don't know if that's normal or not, maybe it fails later. Even adding a pericom bridge device does not make it work. It would be simpler for @joerg to check the source than for me to debug a binary only blob.

Could somebody with a real sam460 (any variant may probably do if no EX is available) post the output of lspci or showconfig to see what devices exist on real machine? Maybe the bridge is different on real machine and that's why it fails? I could not find any useful logs on-line so far from real sam460. Also could somebody with real SAM460 confirm which SFS versions work on real machine? (We have 1.277 on Aminet, 1.286 on 4.1Upd1, 1.290 in 4.1Upd5 and later including 4.1FE and 1.293 in Enhancer that I don't have. Could somebody with real sam460 test which of these work and which don't to avoid any issues with that.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

I have also tried it with the scsi card "-device sii3112" and SFS version 1.293 and here too there is no possibility to use the FileSystem.

But the scsi controller works perfectly and is recognized by AmigaOs4.1. Booting with SFS68k no problem.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton

I saw that you posted a patch for "ppc440_pcix.c" yesterday.
I checked quickly Qemu with sam460.I plugged in a disk image with SFS initializes and works.

I have SFS with ES - version 1.293
Qemu version 9 RC1
Thank you

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
sii3112 is a SATA card not SCSI (but it really uses the same ATA emulation as via-ata used on amigaone/pegasos2). The sii3112 is used by default on sam460ex and should work, it has nothing to do with the SFS issue.

@smarkusg
I've sent the patch but 9.0-rc3 was tagged just now so it probably missed 9.0 and will only be in 9.0.1. I'd still need the lspci or showconfig output from a real Sam460 as I've asked above to confirm it's the right fix but seems to resolve the problem at least for now. Too bad I got to know about this too late (it was reported before but I forgot) so looks like it could not be fixed for 9.0. (There's still a slim chance for 9.0 if there will be an rc4 but otherwise you'll need to wait until 9.0.1 or 9.1 in August or compile your own QEMU to have this patch.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
I'd still need the lspci or showconfig output from a real Sam460
For users not familiar with shell tools like lspci a screen shot of the relevant Ranger tab should help as well.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton

Quote:
I'd still need the lspci or showconfig output from a real Sam460 as I've asked above to confirm it's the right fix but seems to resolve the problem at least for now

I don't know too many people who have a real sam460, but if no one answers, I'll try to ask around and let you know @.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

Quote:
I don't know too many people who have a real sam460,
m3x should have a few of them

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Hi, here is my lspci of my SAM460ex:
##  Ven   Dev  Description
01 1095  3114  Silicon ImageIncSiI 3114 [SATALink/SATARaidSerial ATA Controller 
    IOBase   
0:0x000010001:0x000010082:0x000010103:0x000010184:0x000010205:0x80000000
    Slot     
00:04.0

Class    : Base:0x01  Sub:0x04  IFace:0x00
    Revision 
0x02
    Interrupt
Line:0x20  Pin:0x01
02 126F  0501  Silicon Motion
IncSM501 VoyagerGX RevAA 
    IOBase   
0:0x840000001:0x88000000
    Slot     
00:06.0

Class    : Base:0x03  Sub:0x80  IFace:0x00
    Revision 
0xC0
    Interrupt
Line:0x74  Pin:0x01
03 ACBE  0001  unknown vendor
/device
    IOBase   
0:0x00000000
    Slot     
05:00.0

Class    : Base:0x06  Sub:0x04  IFace:0x00
    Revision 
0x01
    Interrupt
Line:0x00  Pin:0x00
04 1002  699F  Advanced Micro Devices
Inc. [AMD/ATILexa PRO [Radeon 540/540X/550/550X RX 540X/550/550X

IOBase   0:0xa00000002:0xb00000004:0x000020005:0xb0200000
    Slot     
06:00.0

Class    : Base:0x03  Sub:0x00  IFace:0x00
    Revision 
0xC7
    Interrupt
Line:0x66  Pin:0x01
05 1002  AAE0  Advanced Micro Devices
Inc. [AMD/ATIBaffin HDMI/DP Audio [Radeon RX 550 640SP RX 560/560X

IOBase   0:0x00000000
    Slot     
06:00.1

Class    : Base:0x04  Sub:0x03  IFace:0x00
    Revision 
0x00
    Interrupt
Line:0xFF  Pin:0x02

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

Quote:
I've sent the patch but 9.0-rc3 was tagged just now so it probably missed 9.0 and will only be in 9.0.1. I'd still need the lspci or showconfig output from a real Sam460 as I've asked above to confirm it's the right fix but seems to resolve the problem at least for now. Too bad I got to know about this too late (it was reported before but I forgot) so looks like it could not be fixed for 9.0. (There's still a slim chance for 9.0 if there will be an rc4 but otherwise you'll need to wait until 9.0.1 or 9.1 in August or compile your own QEMU to have this patch.)

I can't confirm that!

Tested with Qemu Master Machine Sam460/AmigaOs4.1 FE Update 2/Kernel Update 1. I used the patch from here:

https://patchew.org/QEMU/2024041022254 ... 534E6005@zero.eik.bme.hu/

Tested with SFS 1.293 all my SFS partitions are not shown. Maybe I made a mistake, but I checked it 3 times and compiled Qemu with the new patch. Or newer AmigaOs4.1 updates make it unusable again.

Resized Image

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
I can't confirm that!

Tested with Qemu Master Machine Sam460/AmigaOs4.1 FE Update 2/Kernel Update 1. I used the patch from here:

https://patchew.org/QEMU/2024041022254 ... 534E6005@zero.eik.bme.hu/
I guess that's the wrong patch, which was a (failed) attempt to fix Hans' Virtio GPU interrupt problems, you'd need to use
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/ ... vel/2024-04/msg01232.html instead.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 »