Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New Enhancer release for non AEON hardware
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I wonder if we could expect a new enhancer release for non AEON hardware.
I'd like to see for next Christmas a special release for first generations on AmigaNG systems and new virtual QEMU boards (Gfx Virtio driver?).
I think there's some room to sell digital copies of this software for all OS4 users, adding some features missing in AmigaOS 4.1fe and let all OS4 user to be in pair each other as much as possible.
IMHO limiting fragmentation of a really small market is an important goal to reach.

Go to top
Re: New Enhancer release for non AEON hardware
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Except for specific drivers (such as Radeon HD and RX), everything else can be installed on systems without these cards.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@flash

While I agree with you, it is unlikely that they will release a special version for older systems.

I own a MicroA1. Years ago, I purchased the Special Edition of Enhancer v1.5 available for the older systems.

Enhancer v2.2 was released as a single version for all systems. It contains alot of programs and software enhancements, some required by the newer systems with graphics cards. You can pick and choose which enhancements and programs you install.

I purchased Enhancer v2.2 and installed selected bits and pieces to provide some minimum enhancements for my ancient MicroA1 system.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2023/11/15 19:41:40
Edited by redfox on 2023/11/15 19:44:40
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@flashQuote:
flash wrote:I wonder if we could expect a new enhancer release for non AEON hardware.
I'd like to see for next Christmas a special release for first generations on AmigaNG systems and new virtual QEMU boards (Gfx Virtio driver?).
I think there's some room to sell digital copies of this software for all OS4 users, adding some features missing in AmigaOS 4.1fe and let all OS4 user to be in pair each other as much as possible.
IMHO limiting fragmentation of a really small market is an important goal to reach.

I am also using Enhancer Software 2.2 and under Qemu AmigaOs4.1 there is currently no problem with it, all packages are installed properly and work. Apart from the drivers that are intended for real machines. Enhancer software is configured so that the user can decide for himself what he thinks is useful or not.

Improvements for all platforms on which AmigaOs4.1 is currently running can be made available via Enhancer Software 2.x and a separate version would be a waste of resources. In my opinion.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post