Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New Court Case !
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
New Court Case !
So Amiga Inc & Co are not the only ones !...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Re: New Court Case !
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiGame

LOL! Only in America

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

To top it all off, the plaintiff claims to be an atheist. So, if he is an atheist, who is he suing?

In my own opinion the guy (member of the Nebraska state legislature) ought to be removed from office because of an obviously frivolous lawsuit that is only intended to insult people of faith.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

I already heard of similar court case in Italy (a year or two ago IIRC)... Not sure exactly of the details though...

Jerry

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
In my own opinion the guy (member of the Nebraska state legislature) ought to be removed from office because of an obviously frivolous lawsuit that is only intended to insult people of faith.

Billsey, try reading the article.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@goody

You see, that's the problem with a lot of people. They don't understand a person's post, so they assume that that person doesn't know what's going on.

I did read the linked article. I also had other sources on the story. The man is a state legislator in Nebraska, who claims to be an atheist. So you have an atheist (who therefore does not think God even exists) who is nonetheless suing God. If he actually is an atheist, then he is wasting public funds suing someone who doesn't exist (in his opinion), and is highly insulting the majority of his own constituents (the majority of which would claim to be Christian, therefore believing that God does indeed exist). So, he is insulting the intelligence of his constituents while blatantly wasting their tax dollars and the government's time with this showboating insult of all people of faith.

He needs to be removed from office, and when his next election comes around, I somehow doubt that he will win after pulling a stunt like this.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

But is what you wrote still relevant after you read this line from the article:

"Chambers told local media he filed the suit to make a point about frivolous lawsuits frequently seen in US courts, citing a recent one against a judge."

?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
@goody

You see, that's the problem with a lot of people. They don't understand a person's post, so they assume that that person doesn't know what's going on.

I did read the linked article. I also had other sources on the story. The man is a state legislator in Nebraska, who claims to be an atheist. So you have an atheist (who therefore does not think God even exists) who is nonetheless suing God. If he actually is an atheist, then he is wasting public funds suing someone who doesn't exist (in his opinion), and is highly insulting the majority of his own constituents (the majority of which would claim to be Christian, therefore believing that God does indeed exist). So, he is insulting the intelligence of his constituents while blatantly wasting their tax dollars and the government's time with this showboating insult of all people of faith.

He needs to be removed from office, and when his next election comes around, I somehow doubt that he will win after pulling a stunt like this.

Billsey, the guy is simply making a point.
This article http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070919 ... on-offbeat-f62056d_1.html
makes no mention of atheism. The article is not about religion. It is effectively making a point in favor of tort reform.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@goody

Uh oh, I feel like I'm lynching him now.. I'm bowing out of this discussion. (Sorry billsey).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc and all...

My first post was not about religion... It was more about the "funny" Court Case...

Especially the last comment:
Quote:
Neither God nor his/her spokespersons could be contacted for comment.

In fact there were a (tiny) more serious court case in Italy a few years ago IIRC... I don't remember if it was directly against God or against the church as "representant" of God...

Jerry

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiGame

It was directly against God. That way he gets to insult everyone of all faiths with one hammer.

I, too, like the way Yahoo handled the article. I could see the tongue-in-cheek way they did it, and had to smile at that. However, as I noted earlier, I had other sources that went into more detail then Yahoo did.

No matter what he said to Yahoo, he is not simply trying to make a point. Such a thing could easily have been done without insulting 90% of the populace in the process (get together with a knowing accomplice and sue them for spilling water on you, etc). He, however, went out of his way to add insult to point.

Go to top

Register To Post