Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: First user's report of new Intel HD Audio (Azalia) driver by geennaam
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MartinW

That's not entirely true because I've got a request to support the X1000 as well from a X1000 owner. So apparently there was room for improvement.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

And a nice addition to the x1000 it was...Still using it today and still appreciating that you put so much work in it

Thank you very much once again

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
I had my reasons to get my drivers removed from os4depot. I am looking at a different way to distribute them. But I am not in a hurry.

At the risk of sounding slightly annoying, have you found a different way? Your work is much appreciated.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
I had my reasons to get my drivers removed from os4depot. I am looking at a different way to distribute them. But I am not in a hurry.

Do you need help with this?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sTix

The last publically available version will not be available for download anymore. I'm currently upating the drivers and once beta tested, the new drivers will be made available again.

The hdaudio driver will receive a rather big update from software effort pov, so it might take a while.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

...and i'm not beta testing... :-O

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: First user
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaamQuote:
geennaam wrote:@sTix

The last publically available version will not be available for download anymore. I'm currently upating the drivers and once beta tested, the new drivers will be made available again.

The hdaudio driver will receive a rather big update from software effort pov, so it might take a while.

Is there a possibility that this driver also works with Qemu Pegasos 2 and AmigaOs4.1?

Before I could test this driver it disappeared from Os4Depot. Qemu has some support for Intel HD controllers. Under Pegasos 2 emulation we have ac97 sound, but as far as I know Intel HD should provide a better sound experience. It shouldn't be too hard to use this driver. Balaton would certainly be able to help with that.

Here is a short list of the -device help under Qemu:

name "hda-duplex"bus HDAdesc "HDA Audio Codec, duplex (line-out, line-in)"
name "hda-micro"bus HDAdesc "HDA Audio Codec, duplex (speaker, microphone)"
name "hda-output"bus HDAdesc "HDA Audio Codec, output-only (line-out)"
name "ich9-intel-hda"bus PCIdesc "Intel HD Audio Controller (ich9)"
name "intel-hda"bus PCIdesc "Intel HD Audio Controller (ich6)"

This driver could also be useful for the AmigaOneXe emulation, since here ac97 does not work at all and es1370 (sb128) is very distorted in the sound output.

Edit: In post #72 someone tried it unsuccessfully with Sam460 and Qemu 6.0, since things have improved considerably with Qemu 8.1 I might try it again. Maybe it would be interesting for real hardware Pegasos 2 and AmigaOne.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/9/7 17:49:57
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam
Quote:

Excellent, thanks!

Go to top
Re: First user
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Most likely not. Because I've removed the codec discovery routines and added profiles for known codecs. Partly to speedup initialisation and partly because it turned out that some codecs use custom verbs. And you can only get this knowledge from reading their data sheets.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks for working on this. The effort is appreciated, and hopefully rewarding to you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is this driver coming back for public availability? What was the original download named please?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
The Polish NG scene is very active (they even have their own print magazine dedicated to NG Amiga systems!) but they seem to keep to themselves a lot, rather than open up to the world. As a result we can miss much of what is happening there.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time or sufficient skills to create different language versions for my articles or videos. Fortunately, the AI is getting better and better. And experimentally, using AI software, we transcribed our film into English and German. This is an interview with Szymon Ulatowski, known perhaps not only in Poland as the author of Amiga games from the 1990s. He created games such as UBek and Boulder Dash 3D.

Let us know if the quality of the subtitle translation is good and what we are talking about is understandable. We have more interviews with Poles who have created even more recognizable titles outside Poland. Well, we don't know if it makes sense to post these transcripts in the future. So I'm waiting for your opinions.

P.S.
Sorry for the OT.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)