Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 79

sTix, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48) 49 50 51 ... 72 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MartinW

Quote:
Radeon R9 270X may or may not have a usable solution right now. I think it is workable from a "does it function" point of view as long as you disable interrupts. This as Joerg pointed out is likely no good longer term. I'm a little confused on replies from Hans. I have a suspicion from the explanation of how the interrupt handlers should return 1 or 0, the v5 drivers might not work and the earlier ones would.

To clarify, the pre-v5 RadeonHD.chip correctly returns 0 when it doesn't process an interrupt. This makes it able to share interrupts with other devices. The v5 RadeonHD.chip driver has the same bug as the RadeonRX.chip driver, and always returns 1 (which is supposed to mean "yes, I processed this interrupt").

If you still have to disable interrupts with he RadeonHD.chip v3 driver, then the problem is likely something else. The driver is doing what it's supposed to.

Quote:

As for the fan, maybe I was just "unlucky" that the card I found for cheap on fleabay was the 270X. I mean, I was lucky that it came up cheap when all the others were at least 2x the price or more, but maybe a 270 might not have had the fan issue. Or it could even be make and model specific I guess.

I've always tried to buy "silent" or "quiet" graphics card models that either have passive cooling, or have quiet fans. Cards not designed for quiet operation can sound like an aircraft taking off.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@balaton

Quote:
What does alpha support here mean? The SM501 does have a 2D engine which can do Windows ROPs including compositing so maybe the driver should use that but it doesn't and the defaults in graphics.library can't do software rendering in 32 bit mode only in packed 24 bit mode? I don't get all this but I don't know anthing about graphics.library especially the parts related to RTG but maybe this is helpful for somebody who understands all this. I still believe the sm502 driver is limited as even as a simple framebuffer supporting 32 bit mode could help. If that's possible for @m3x to do easily then it may worth trying unless it's impossible for some reason which I'm still not convinced about but it may be too much work to do.

The problem with compositing, is that the SM502 only supports the alpha channel being in a separate bitmap (or bitplane), whereas AmigaOS mostly uses ARGB32 bitmaps, with the alpha channel included in the chunky 32-bit pixel. Emulating compositing with ARGB32 using a separate alpha bitmap isn't easy, and would be very slow if the SM502 isn't able to extract an alpha channel from an ARGB32 bitmap and write it to a separate alpha bitmap.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Quote:
The problem with compositing, is that the SM502 only supports the alpha channel being in a separate bitmap (or bitplane), whereas AmigaOS mostly uses ARGB32 bitmaps, with the alpha channel included in the chunky 32-bit pixel. Emulating compositing with ARGB32 using a separate alpha bitmap isn't easy, and would be very slow if the SM502 isn't able to extract an alpha channel from an ARGB32 bitmap and write it to a separate alpha bitmap.

Hans

I did not read all the SM502 docs but AFAIU the separate alpha bitmap is only used for compositing graphics output to a video input (as this chip was probably meant to be used in a set top box or similar) but in 32bit graphics mode without video layer it stores RGBA and just ignores the A part so you could store the alpha channel there and use it for software rendering, can't you?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Still trying to find out how to boot AmigaOS without pegasos2.rom

I've figured this out. Looks like it crashed on wrong assigned-addresses properties. It seems at least the sm502 driver needs both an assigned-addresses property and the card being programmed by the firmware with noth the BARs written with the values corresponding to the assigned-addresses AND also PCI config reg 0x3c set to the IRQ it should use (which is 9 for everything on pegasos2). After that it boots but I still have some things hard coded in QEMU for it so now I'll have to find out what else is needed and try to do all this from the boot loader so we don't need changes in QEMU as other guests don't need any of this so this should really be in AmigaOS that we can now patch up in the boot loader instead. This will take some time to to but I don't see a blocking issue now.

This may be different for other graphics drivers but it seems AmigaOS relies more on firmware setting things up than other guests do.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
I did not read all the SM502 docs but AFAIU the separate alpha bitmap is only used for compositing graphics output to a video input (as this chip was probably meant to be used in a set top box or similar)
The SM501/2 has 5 layers (+ 2 CRT-only ones, which aren't used):
- Hardware cursor (used by AmigaOS, but not very important)
- Alpha layer (that's what would be required for AmigaOS alpha, but separate alpha bitmaps aren't supported by AmigaOS)
- Video alpha layer (not required, or maybe only for video playback, or maybe even mixing external video input sources to the output, not sure)
- Video layer (since it supports YUV422 it could be something like PIP/overlay in old gfx cards like the Voodoo ones, but I'm not sure)
- Graphics layer (8/16/32 bit pixels, i.e. the standard pixels, but without alpha)
Check for example this PDF

Quote:
but in 32bit graphics mode without video layer it stores RGBA and just ignores the A part so you could store the alpha channel there and use it for software rendering, can't you?
Software rendering is way too slow for compositing, and additionally to a standard A8R8G8B8 32 bit framebuffer it has to constantly copy the alpha parts to/from it's seperate alpha layer/bitmap making it even much slower.
Unless there is some hardware support in the SM501/2 for extracting/adding the alpha layer from/to an A8R8G8B8 bitmap and moving it to/from it's separate alpha bitmap it's not usable at all.

Quote:
This may be different for other graphics drivers but it seems AmigaOS relies more on firmware setting things up than other guests do.
It does, and the reason is very simple: The firmwares (CFE on the X1000, U-Boot on anything else) were implemented, or at least vastly improved/adapted to AmigaOS, by the AmigaOS kernel developers. The firmware of all Amiga NG systems configure the hardware exactly the way the AmigaOS kernel, and AmigaOS hardware drivers, needs it, which severely reduces the platform specific code required in the different kernels and drivers.
The only exception is the Pegasos2 with it's SmartFirmware.

Edited by joerg on 2023/7/17 13:06:28
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

I'm back up and running now and have emailed via the contact form on the site you linked. I presume that was what you intended.

Martin.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
But that Alpha layer and the hardware alpha blending that uses it are not used by the AmigaOS driver so it does not have to move any data there. It already does software compositing for 16 bit mode as the sm502 driver has no compositing support and I think it could just do the same with 32 bit too so there's no hadware limitation here just a driver limitation. How I know it's not used? QEMU does not emulate any of it and we still get picture in AmigaOS. What we had to add was some blitter ops that are used but that should work the same in 32 bit mode. It may be too slow on a real sam460ex with a 1GHz CPU but people use PCIe gfx cards there anyways and it could be usable with QEMU. But since @m3x did not react on any of this I think he's not interested to change this driver any more so we're stuck with what we have. To resolve the problem need to write a new driver but then target a better option such as virtio. So this is just to understand if there's a hadware limitation or a software one. I think there's no hardware problem just that driver was only made for 8 and 16 bit modes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MartinW
I wasn't clear in the post above about my boot loader that what I've found about sm502 driver needing assigned addresses, BARs programmed and IRQ programmed via PCI config reg 0x3c of the card might also be relevant for passed through cards, althogh I don't know if the Radeon drivers need the same. But in any case check that when at the firmware prompt the card has these set up and if not these might need to be patched from the script converting BARs. In particular IRQ should be set to 9, if not then it may check the wrong IRQ or miss them that leads to a hang. I think the pegasos2.rom would set this for all PCI cards unconditionally but maybe worth a check. This may not even show up in info pci although that lists IRQ for some devices it does not show it for sm501 for example but I don't know why. So one has to check the PCI config reg 0x3c somehow. I don't know an easy way, maybe -trace enable="pci*" shows accesses to config regs and one can check there. Maybe it's not causing the IRQ issue with passed through cards but worths a try checking it anyway.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
But that Alpha layer and the hardware alpha blending that uses it are not used by the AmigaOS driver so it does not have to move any data there
It doesn't have to for 15/16 bit modes (no alpha at all, or at most a 1 bit one), but it would have to for 32 bit ARGB modes.
Supporting a 24 bit RGB mode (no alpha either) instead of 32 bit ARGB may be possible in the SM50x driver, but it would be slower than an ARGB 32 bit framebuffer driver using the QEmu vga-ati emulation.
Unlike SM501/2 the ATI emulation is using a combined ARGB 32 bit alpha + RGB pixel mode, which is the standard format supported by AmigaOS, instead of separate alpha + RGB bitmaps.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton

Specifically, the part about addresses has been my suspicion all along because even after we have changed the "assigned-addresses" property in the firmware (and the reg property), this change is not reflected in either Qemu's info pci, or the firmware's "show-pci-full". To date I've just assumed that maybe the output of that command is only refreshed when a full probe is done by the firmware, which we wouldn't want to force / repeat as it would presumably override the values we've patched and we'd be back where we started. But the fact that Qemu doesn't seem to be aware of the updates we make is likely more problematic further down the line.

So, yes, I suspect you're correct about needing to program this info to the card, or at least commit it in some way (map-in ?) so that Qemu and the firmware both fully reflect the change(s).

I think the IRQs are already showing as 9 but I can check after work. If not, then I'd have to read up on that.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton
info pci shows everything except the IDE controller as having IRQ 9. the pin numbes are different. For some reason the IDE controller is on IRQ 14. The bochs display doesn't have an IRQ listed at all but I think that's disconnected?

I'm not really sure at the moment how I could confim the same from within Smart Firmware. I'll have a read. Ranger confirms the interrupts as the same as qemu with one exception. It shows the bochs display as IRQ 9 but with no pin (line in Ranger).

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MartinW
Quote:
@Hans

I'm back up and running now and have emailed via the contact form on the site you linked. I presume that was what you intended.

Could you try again? I never received anything. The form is working (just tested), so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Done

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balatonQuote:
balaton wrote:@MartinW
I don't know an easy way, maybe -trace enable="pci*" shows accesses to config regs and one can check there. Maybe it's not causing the IRQ issue with passed through cards but worths a try checking it anyway.

Im getting constant output of the following lines after using -trace for pci*. There is so many that i had to freeze qemu to use the monitor as the output disappeared as soon as i pressed enter.

pci_route_irq IRQ 0 @/machine/peripheral-anon/device[0] -> IRQ 1 @root-complex
pci_route_irq IRQ 0 
@/machine/peripheral-anon/device[0] -> IRQ 1 @root-complex
pci_route_irq IRQ 0 
pci_route_irq IRQ 0 
etc

This is info qtree when i paused qemu

(qemuinfo qtree
bus
main-system-bus
  type System
  dev
ps2-mouseid ""

gpio-out "" 1
  dev
ps2-kbdid ""

gpio-out "" 1
  dev
mv64361-pcihostid ""

index (0x1)

x-config-reg-migration-enabled true
    bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pci.1
      type PCI
      dev
rtl8139id ""

mac "52:54:00:12:34:56"

netdev "net0"

addr 03.0
        romfile 
"efi-rtl8139.rom"

romsize 262144 (0x40000)

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Ethernet controlleraddr 00:03.0pci id 10ec:8139 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0x1200 [0x12ff]

bar 1mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0xfe]

bar 6mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x3fffe]

devbochs-displayid ""

vgamem 16777216 (16 MiB)

edid true
        xres 
1280 (0x500)

yres 800 (0x320)

xmax (0x0)

ymax (0x0)

refresh_rate (0x0)

addr 02.0
        romfile 
""

romsize 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Display controlleraddr 00:02.0pci id 1234:1111 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0xfffffe]

bar 2mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0xffe]

devvfio-pciid ""

host "0000:0b:00.0"

vf-token "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

sysfsdev "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:0b:00.0"

x-pre-copy-dirty-page-tracking "on"

display "off"

xres (0x0)

yres (0x0)

x-intx-mmap-timeout-ms 1100 (0x44c)

x-vga true
        x
-req true
        x
-igd-opregion false
        enable
-migration "auto"

x-no-mmap false
        x
-balloon-allowed false
        x
-no-kvm-intx false
        x
-no-kvm-msi false
        x
-no-kvm-msix false
        x
-no-geforce-quirks false
        x
-no-kvm-ioeventfd false
        x
-no-vfio-ioeventfd false
        x
-pci-vendor-id 4098 (0x1002)

x-pci-device-id 26641 (0x6811)

x-pci-sub-vendor-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-pci-sub-device-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-igd-gms (0x0)

x-nv-gpudirect-clique 255 (0xff)

x-msix-relocation "off"

addr 01.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction true
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class VGA controlleraddr 00:01.0pci id 1002:6811 (sub 1462:3050)

bar 0mem at 0x80000000 [0x8fffffff]

bar 2mem at 0x90000000 [0x9003ffff]

bar 4i/o at 0x1100 [0x11ff]

bar 6mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x1fffe]

devvia-mc97id ""

addr 0c.6
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Class 0780, addr 00:0c.6pci id 1106:3068 (sub 1af4:1100)

devvia-ac97id ""

audiodev "none"

addr 0c.5
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Audio controlleraddr 00:0c.5pci id 1106:3058 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0x1300 [0x13ff]

bar 1i/o at 0x1030 [0x1033]

bar 2i/o at 0x1034 [0x1037]

devvt8231-pmid ""

addr 0c.4
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Bridgeaddr 00:0c.4pci id 1106:8235 (sub 1af4:1100)

busi2c
          type i2c
-bus
          dev
smbus-eepromid ""

address 87 (0x57)

devvt82c686b-usb-uhciid ""

bandwidth 1280 (0x500)

maxframes 128 (0x80)

addr 0c.3
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class USB controlleraddr 00:0c.3pci id 1106:3038 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 4i/o at 0x1060 [0x107f]

bususb-bus.1
          type usb
-bus
      dev
vt82c686b-usb-uhciid ""

bandwidth 1280 (0x500)

maxframes 128 (0x80)

addr 0c.2
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class USB controlleraddr 00:0c.2pci id 1106:3038 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 4i/o at 0x1040 [0x105f]

bususb-bus.0
          type usb
-bus
      dev
via-ideid ""

gpio-in "" 2
        gpio
-out "isa-irq" 2
        addr 
0c.1
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class IDE controlleraddr 00:0c.1pci id 1106:0571 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0x1000 [0x1007]

bar 1i/o at 0x100c [0x100f]

bar 2i/o at 0x1010 [0x1017]

bar 3i/o at 0x101c [0x101f]

bar 4i/o at 0x1020 [0x102f]

buside.1
          type IDE
          dev
ide-cdid ""

drive "ide1-cd0"

backend_defaults "auto"

logical_block_size 512 (512 B)

physical_block_size 512 (512 B)

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

discard_granularity 512 (512 B)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
            account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

rerror "auto"

werror "auto"

ver "2.5+"

wwn (0x0)

serial "QM00003"

model ""

unit (0x0)

buside.0
          type IDE
          dev
ide-hdid ""

drive "ide0-hd1"

backend_defaults "auto"

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
            account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

rerror "auto"

werror "auto"

ver "2.5+"

wwn (0x0)

serial "QM00002"

model ""

cyls 4063 (0xfdf)

heads 16 (0x10)

secs 63 (0x3f)

lcyls (0x0)

lheads (0x0)

lsecs (0x0)

bios-chs-trans "lba"

rotation_rate (0x0)

unit (0x1)

devide-hdid ""

drive "ide0-hd0"

backend_defaults "auto"

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
            account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

rerror "auto"

werror "auto"

ver "2.5+"

wwn (0x0)

serial "QM00001"

model ""

cyls 4161 (0x1041)

heads 16 (0x10)

secs 63 (0x3f)

lcyls (0x0)

lheads (0x0)

lsecs (0x0)

bios-chs-trans "lba"

rotation_rate (0x0)

unit (0x0)

devvt8231-isaid ""

gpio-in "pirq" 4
        gpio
-out "" 1
        addr 
0c.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction true
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class ISA bridgeaddr 00:0c.0pci id 1106:8231 (sub 1af4:1100)

busisa.0
          type ISA
          dev
i8042id ""

gpio-in "ps2-mouse-input-irq" 1
            gpio
-in "ps2-kbd-input-irq" 1
            gpio
-out "" 2
            gpio
-out "a20" 1
            extended
-state true
            kbd
-throttle false
            kbd
-irq (0x1)

mouse-irq 12 (0xc)

devisa-fdcid ""

iobase 1008 (0x3f0)

irq (0x6)

dma (0x2)

fdtypeA "auto"

fdtypeB "auto"

fallback "288"

busfloppy-bus.0
              type floppy
-bus
              dev
floppyid ""

unit (0x0)

drive "floppy0"

backend_defaults "auto"

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

discard_granularity 4294967295 (4 GiB)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
                account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

drive-type "288"

devisa-serialid ""

index (0x0)

iobase 760 (0x2f8)

irq (0x4)

devisa-parallelid ""

index (0x0)

iobase 888 (0x378)

irq (0x7)

chardev "parallel0"

devvt8231-superioid ""

devmc146818rtcid ""

gpio-out "" 1
            base_year 
(0x0)

iobase 112 (0x70)

irq (0x8)

lost_tick_policy "discard"

devi8257id ""

base 192 (0xc0)

page-base 136 (0x88)

pageh-base = -(0xffffffffffffffff)

dshift (0x1)

devi8257id ""

base (0x0)

page-base 128 (0x80)

pageh-base = -(0xffffffffffffffff)

dshift (0x0)

devisa-pitid ""

gpio-in "" 1
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
64 (0x40)

devisa-i8259id ""

gpio-in "" 8
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
160 (0xa0)

elcr_addr 1233 (0x4d1)

elcr_mask 222 (0xde)

master false
          dev
isa-i8259id ""

gpio-in "" 8
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
32 (0x20)

elcr_addr 1232 (0x4d0)

elcr_mask 248 (0xf8)

master true
      dev
mv64361-pcibridgeid ""

addr 00.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Host bridgeaddr 00:00.0pci id 11ab:6460 (sub 1af4:1100)

devmv64361-pcihostid ""

index (0x0)

x-config-reg-migration-enabled true
    bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pci.0
      type PCI
      dev
mv64361-pcibridgeid ""

addr 00.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)

x-pcie-err-unc-mask true
        x
-pcie-ari-nextfn-false

class Host bridgeaddr 00:00.0pci id 11ab:6460 (sub 1af4:1100)

devmv64361id ""

gpio-in "gpp" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    mmio ffffffffffffffff
/0000000000010000

This starts as soon as the workbench appears - which is also when Amidock loads - and you can see/feel the slowness as stdio fills up with the messages.

Are the 2 host bridges meant to have the same details? "Bus 0, device 0, function 0:" etc

(qemuinfo pci
  Bus  0
device   0, function 0:

Host bridgePCI device 11ab:6460
      PCI subsystem 1af4
:1100
      id 
""

Bus  0device   1, function 0:

VGA controllerPCI device 1002:6811
      PCI subsystem 1462
:3050
      IRQ 9
pin A
      BAR0
64 bit prefetchable memory at 0x80000000 [0x8fffffff].

BAR264 bit memory at 0x90000000 [0x9003ffff].

BAR4I/O at 0x1100 [0x11ff].

BAR632 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x0001fffe].

id ""

Bus  0device   2, function 0:

Display controllerPCI device 1234:1111
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      BAR0
32 bit prefetchable memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x00fffffe].

BAR232 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x00000ffe].

id ""

Bus  0device   3, function 0:

Ethernet controllerPCI device 10ec:8139
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 9
pin A
      BAR0
I/O at 0x1200 [0x12ff].

BAR132 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x000000fe].

BAR632 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x0003fffe].

id ""

Bus  0device  12, function 0:

ISA bridgePCI device 1106:8231
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      id 
""

Bus  0device  12, function 1:

IDE controllerPCI device 1106:0571
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 14
pin A
      BAR0
I/O at 0x1000 [0x1007].

BAR1I/O at 0x100c [0x100f].

BAR2I/O at 0x1010 [0x1017].

BAR3I/O at 0x101c [0x101f].

BAR4I/O at 0x1020 [0x102f].

id ""

Bus  0device  12, function 2:

USB controllerPCI device 1106:3038
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 9
pin D
      BAR4
I/O at 0x1040 [0x105f].

id ""

Bus  0device  12, function 3:

USB controllerPCI device 1106:3038
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 9
pin D
      BAR4
I/O at 0x1060 [0x107f].

id ""

Bus  0device  12, function 4:

BridgePCI device 1106:8235
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      id 
""

Bus  0device  12, function 5:

Audio controllerPCI device 1106:3058
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 9
pin C
      BAR0
I/O at 0x1300 [0x13ff].

BAR1I/O at 0x1030 [0x1033].

BAR2I/O at 0x1034 [0x1037].

id ""

Bus  0device  12, function 6:
    Class 
1920PCI device 1106:3068
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      IRQ 9
pin C
      id 
""

Bus  0device   0, function 0:

Host bridgePCI device 11ab:6460
      PCI subsystem 1af4
      id 
""
(qemu)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Introducing BBoot, the boot loader I proposed before and was werking on. This should be useful for multiple use cases. The main goal is to be able to boot AmigaOS without needing pegasos2.rom but it should also help with other problems such as debugging PCI pass through as it will try to fix BARs or at least provide detailed info on how the firmware and card sees them. More info on the project page at:
https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/wiki/SubprojectBBoot
and supposed to be available under File releases there but since OSDN seems to be dying since recently I've also uploaded it here:
http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/amiga/bboot/

The README in the package should give some idea on how to use it. One important details that -initrd option needs QEMU compiled from git master so if you're using older version it will not work. (There's a generic loader that may be used instead but I have no idea how to use it but ir's documented in the QEMU docs if somebody really wants to find out.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs
There's also info qom-tree which should help identifying what device /machine/peripheral-anon/device[0] may refer to and maybe you should try to give bboot a try and post the log that should show how BARs are set up or if it could fix them.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@balaton

Is there a reliable way to detect when the OS is running under emulation rather than real hardware? I'm considering enabling GART in the driver when it's used under emulation, because all modern hardware has memory coherence.

Or, is the Marvell Discovery II chipset's cache already coherent?

Hans

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
Quote:
Is there a reliable way to detect when the OS is running under emulation rather than real hardware? I'm considering enabling GART in the driver when it's used under emulation, because all modern hardware has memory coherence.
There are probably easier ways, but for example the Vendor string of the emulated HDs (HD_SCSICmd, SCSI Inquery) includes "QEmu".

Quote:
Or, is the Marvell Discovery II chipset's cache already coherent?
Should be, since that was the reason for using the Marvell in the Pegasos2 instead of the Articia-S in the Pegasos1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

At least that’s way they stopped using Mai Logic chips, perhaps also way all AmigaONE-XE benchmarks sucks compared to Pegasus II.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balatonQuote:
balaton wrote:@all

Introducing BBoot, the boot loader I proposed before and was werking on. This should be useful for multiple use cases. The main goal is to be able to boot AmigaOS without needing pegasos2.rom but it should also help with other problems such as debugging PCI pass through as it will try to fix BARs or at least provide detailed info on how the firmware and card sees them.

Very good work and in this short time.

I have already made a few tests to start AmigaOs4.1 with BBoot and Qemu which unfortunately fails.

How did I proceed:

I took the Kickstart folder of my AmigaOs4.1 installation and packed it as "Kickstart.zip". After reading your readme I put the whole thing into Qemu.

Currently my boot line for Qemu looks like this:

qemu-system-ppc -M pegasos2 -cpu apollo7 -accel tcg -kernel /Users/reneengel/Downloads/bboot-0.1/bboot -initrd /Users/reneengel/Downloads/bboot-0.1/Kickstart.zip -vga none -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=cd -m 1024 -device ide-cd,drive=cd,bus=ide.1 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/Users/reneengel/hd2SFS.img,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -device rtl8139,netdev=network01 -netdev user,id=network01,hostfwd=tcp::21-:21,hostfwd=tcp::20-:20 -rtc base=localtime -display cocoa -serial stdio -audiodev coreaudio,id=audio0,outfrequency=48000 -drive if=none,id=hd1,file=/Volumes/Games/AmigaPeg2Developer/hd2.img,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd1,bus=ide.1

For some reason AmigaOs4.1 does not boot because the modules cannot be found or loaded, but they are in the archive Kickstart.zip. Qemu was built from the git master sources from https://scm.osdn.net/gitroot/qmiga/qemu.git

Error message:

BBoot 0.1 (20.7.2023)
/
pci@80000000io fe000000/10000 mem 80000000/40000000
/pci@80000000/host:    0:0.0     11ab:6460 60000 646011ab 0000 7
Added assigned
-addresses
/pci@80000000/pci126f,501:    0:1.0     126f:0501 38000 0501126f 0000 0
Added assigned
-addressesset interrupt 0009

2000810        0 80000000         0  4000000  00000000 80000000
  2000814        0 84000000         0   200000  
00000000 84000000
/pci@80000000/pci10ec,8139:    0:2.0     10ec:8139 20000 813910ec 0100 0
Fixed ROM BAR
Added assigned
-addressesset interrupt 0109

1001010        0 fe001200         0      100  00000001 00001201
  2001014        0 84200000         0      100  
00000000 84200000
  2001030        0 84240000         0    40000  
00000000 84240000
/pci@80000000/isa:    0:c.0     1106:8231 60100 82311106 0000 8
Added assigned
-addresses
/pci@80000000/ide:    0:c.1     1106:0571 1018f 05711106 010e 87
Added assigned
-addresses
  1006110        0 fe001000         0        8  
00000001 00001001
  1006114        0 fe001008         0        4  
00000001 ! 00001009

1006118        0 fe001010         0        8  00000001 00001011
  100611c        0 fe001018         0        4  
00000001 ! 00001019

1006120        0 fe001020         0       10  00000001 00001021
/pci@80000000/usb:    0:c.2     1106:3038 c0300 30381106 0409 7
Added assigned
-addresses
  1006220        0 fe001040         0       20  
00000001 00001041
/pci@80000000/usb:    0:c.3     1106:3038 c0300 30381106 0409 7
Added assigned
-addresses
  1006320        0 fe001060         0       20  
00000001 00001061
/pci@80000000/other:    0:c.4     1106:8235 68000 82351106 0009 0
Added assigned
-addresses
/pci@80000000/sound:    0:c.5     1106:3058 40100 30581106 0309 4
Added assigned
-addresses
  1006510        0 fe001100         0      100  
00000001 00001101
  1006514        0 fe001030         0        4  
00000001 00001031
  1006518        0 fe001034         0        4  
00000001 00001035
/pci@80000000/pci1106,3068:    0:c.6     1106:3068 78000 30681106 0309 30
Added assigned
-addresses
/pci@c0000000io f8000000/10000 mem c0000000/20000000
/pci@c0000000/host:    0:0.0     11ab:6460 60000 646011ab 0000 7
Added assigned
-addresses
Checking initrd at 0x600000
-0x9ce5a6 (3990950 bytes)
Found zip with 69 entries
Parsing Kicklayout at 0x9ce5a6 
(3395 bytes)
Booting config 1AmigaOS_4.1_Final_Edition
Loading loader
.of
Loading kernel
Loading FastFileSystem
Loading SmartFilesystem
Could not find file
Could not load module
Booting failed
exiting.
qemu-system-ppcStopped as the VM requested "exit"

Has anyone else been able to successfully boot AmigaOs4.1 with BBoot and Qemu?

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/20 9:50:48
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/20 10:07:42
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48) 49 50 51 ... 72 »