Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 72 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

I turned on serial output and looks like its starting when hitting the VGA code in the bios. Its throwing an error at that point, but gets past it until the freeze happens at the end of loading kickstart modules.

You can see that the GFX card has been added to the PCI bus, and not PCIE which may have an impact.

U-Boot 2010.06.05 (Jul 08 2018 22:45:33)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460EX RevB at 1150 MHz (PLB=230 OPB=115 EBC=115)

No Security/Kasumi support
       Bootstrap Option A 
Boot ROM Location EBC (8 bits)

Internal PCI arbiter disabled
       32 kB I
-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board
Sam460exPCIe 4x SATA-2
I2C
:   ready
DRAM
:  2 GiB (ECC not enabled460 MHzCL0)
Warning bad CRCusing default environment

PCI
:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
        00  01  1095  3112  0104  00
        00  02  1002  6811  0300  05
        00  06  126f  0501  
0380  00
PCIE1
successfully set as root-complex
Net
:   ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA
:  Revision 00 (20 0-00-00)
SM502found
VGA
:   qemuVFIO_MAP_DMA failedInvalid argument
qemu
vfio_dma_map(0x56161a2cf5500xf00000000x100000000x7f91cfe00000) = -22 (Invalid argument)
VESA
:  OK
qemu
VFIO_MAP_DMA failedInvalid argument
qemu
vfio_dma_map(0x56161a2cf5500xf00000000x100000000x7f91cfe00000) = -22 (Invalid argument)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Since no one replies directly to Zoltan BALATON Qemu project or uses their forum he has now registered on amigans and can share his knowledge with us.

I m not sure who is admin of this forum, but please unlock it and accept it.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
>QEmu does not appear to include any Radeon emulation.

In QEMU it does and is in the official repository. A simple 2D emulation of an ATI card. Morphos and Linux work fine under Qemu/Pegasos2. AOS does not. It's all explained there.

https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/wiki/SubprojectAti

The author of the project has been waiting for help for 2 years.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but if we had a radeon rom that would initialize the atiradeon.chip could you use it with Qemu as an emulated graphics card?

No. I'm responding to the attempts to use the PCI pass-through with actual graphics cards. Basically, the driver needs access to the graphics card's actual ROM.

The sentence you quoted is me guessing that the same is true with the atiradeon.chip driver. I don't know that for sure, though.

As for using the emulated Radeon. My understanding is that qemu has an emulated Rage 128 Pro, and partial Mobility Radeon 7000 (a.k.a., M6). We don't have an ATI Rage driver, so that one is out.** The atiradeon.chip driver can handle the Radeon 7000 (IIRC, the Micro-A1 had it on-board), but I don't know if the mobility version needs any special handling. No guarantees that having an actual ROM would get it working.

Hans

** AFAIK, MorphOS has an ATI Rage driver, so they may be using the emulated Rage 128 Pro.

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
This was already tested by Zoltan BALATON and unfortunately failed. For this he used the Classic version.

https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/wiki/AmigaOSGfx
From the list of gfx cards mentioned there IMHO the Voodoo3/5 would be the only usable option. Not because it's a good gfx card, but because the Voodoo3/5 gfx driver is AFAIK the only AmigaOS PCI gfx card driver which works without an x86 emulator executing the gfx card BIOS ROM first. Several other AmigaOS gfx drivers do work that way as well, but only the ones for Zorro II/III bus gfx cards and the CSPPC local bus Permedia2 one (CyberVisionPPC), not any other PCI gfx card driver.
IIRC the classic Amiga kernel includes an x86 emulator as well, required for example for using ATI PCI gfx cards with a Mediator or Prometheus ZorroIII<->PCI bridge, but the other kernels don't because executing the x86 gfx card BIOS is done by the machine firmware instead already before AmigaOS is started.

I don't think using pass-through instead of gfx card emulation is an option, at least not for the Pegasos2 emulation: The Pegasos2 only supported PCI and AGP, but not PCIe, i.e. you'd have to use a very old PC with PCI or AGP slots for it, and such old PCs have a way too slow CPU for usable speed in the QEmu PPC CPU emulation.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
Quote:
The atiradeon.chip driver can handle the Radeon 7000 (IIRC, the Micro-A1 had it on-board),
Yes, but the µA1 onboard gfx is using AGP. Even if there is a PCIe version of a Radeon 7000/M6, or using a PCIe<->PCI adaptor, it very likely can't work with the atiradeon.chip driver only supporting PCI/AGP.

Quote:
No guarantees that having an actual ROM would get it working.
But it's guaranteed that it wont work without the ROM: The µA1 U-Boot includes the Radeon 7000 BIOS ROM.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
While the ATOMBIOS ASICInit function should theoretically initialize the card from zero, we found that cards typically wouldn't work properly unless the motherboard's firmware did the lowlevel initialization first

I've ported ATOMBIOS into Sam460 U-boot version, and ASICInit indeed seems to initialize correctly the card but ATM I cannot get any videomode working. Do I need to call the classic x86 BIOS emulation before calling ASICInit, or something else need to be done to have a basic 640x480 screen mode ?

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello, Finally registered here but I don't have time now so will reply to the topics in detail later. (You can omit the welcome replies just to keep this already long thread a bit shorter.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

Quote:
Has anyone managed to get AmiCygnix working with qemu with
export DISPLAY ?

I've already sent you this via email before but I think you don't need tap for X you can just use the hostfwd option to forward right port and set DISPLAY accordingly. Port forwarding with user netdev is mentioned on the first page of the QEMU docs at https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/introduction.html where it uses -netdev user,id=unet,hostfwd=tcp::2222-:22 to let you connect to guest port 22 from host port 2222. You can do the same for X, assuming AmiCygnix listens on port 6000 for X then you can add e.g. -netdev user,id=unet,hostfwd=tcp::6010-:6000 then set DISPLAY to :10 on the host to display the X app on the guest.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@terminills
Quote:
here's a little script that I fumbled through and I'm sure it needs some love.

https://github.com/terminills/qemu_scripts/blob/main/run_qemu.sh

This seems amazingly complex for just creating a command line but maybe it's usefui for some. You seem to have log_kernel_responses() function defined twice and maybe missing some quotes here and there so it could have problems with paths and file names containing spaces.

You said GPU pass through worked for you but maybe it would be helpful if you could share what GPU whan host and what guest you've tried.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

Quote:
This was already tested by Zoltan BALATON and unfortunately failed. For this he used the Classic version.

https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/wiki/AmigaOSGfx
From the list of gfx cards mentioned there IMHO the Voodoo3/5 would be the only usable option. Not because it's a good gfx card, but because the Voodoo3/5 gfx driver is AFAIK the only AmigaOS PCI gfx card driver which works without an x86 emulator executing the gfx card BIOS ROM first. Several other AmigaOS gfx drivers do work that way as well, but only the ones for Zorro II/III bus gfx cards and the CSPPC local bus Permedia2 one (CyberVisionPPC), not any other PCI gfx card driver.
IIRC the classic Amiga kernel includes an x86 emulator as well, required for example for using ATI PCI gfx cards with a Mediator or Prometheus ZorroIIIPCI bridge, but the other kernels don't because executing the x86 gfx card BIOS is done by the machine firmware instead already before AmigaOS is started.

I don't think using pass-through instead of gfx card emulation is an option, at least not for the Pegasos2 emulation: The Pegasos2 only supported PCI and AGP, but not PCIe, i.e. you'd have to use a very old PC with PCI or AGP slots for it, and such old PCs have a way too slow CPU for usable speed in the QEmu PPC CPU emulation.

There exist PCIe to PCI bridges to connect PCI cards to modern systems. I've heard fhat those using a Pericom chip might be the best but this is not confirmed, just rumors. Also I'm not sure if the guest really has to support PCIe to pass through a card but it seems likely that having a PCIe card appear as a PCI card in the guest might cause problems and the driver could get confused so that's less likely to work.

The issue with the BIOS might not be fatal though as long as it works enough for the driver to find and init the card so I would not give up on that yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

As for using the emulated Radeon. My understanding is that qemu has an emulated Rage 128 Pro, and partial Mobility Radeon 7000 (a.k.a., M6). We don't have an ATI Rage driver, so that one is out.** The atiradeon.chip driver can handle the Radeon 7000 (IIRC, the Micro-A1 had it on-board), but I don't know if the mobility version needs any special handling. No guarantees that having an actual ROM would get it working.

As detailed on the qmiga development page on ati-vga the emulated Radeon 7000 is missing emulation of the micro-engine (aka CCE or PM4) so while the driver detects it and starts to talk to it it stops working when the driver enables the command processor. This could be emulated to make it work but somebody would need to port code for that from Xenia emulator as I haven't got to that yet because it's quire some work and so far I had enough to do on pegasos2 emulation and improving what's there. This is explained in https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/ticket/40018

Emulating an ATI Radeon card would be good because it would work with all legacy systems that have a driver for it (almost all of them have) but these cards are quite complex so emulating them is not easy and due to emulating it the performance may be less than it could be (although likely still much faster than a real card).

If we are only concerned about one guest OS like AmigaOS then wrting a guest driver for QEMU's virtio devices may be easier and get better results.

Quote:
** AFAIK, MorphOS has an ATI Rage driver, so they may be using the emulated Rage 128 Pro.

Correct, the ati-vga by default emulates Rage 128 Pro which works with the simpler drivers that don't use CCE.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam @derfs

For pass-through let's discuss the pegasos2 and sam460ex cases separately. For the pegasos2 the bios emulator may crash on some ROMs but regardless of this the machine may be booted and if the guest OS driver can init the card itself then it may work. I haven't tried pass through as I don't have a suitable card but I can reproduce the issue with ati-vga. As I wrote in the email Maijestro forwarded:

./qemu-system-ppc -M pegasos2 -bios pegasos2.rom -device ati-vga -cdrom ~/Downloads/morphos-3.18.iso -serial stdio

will result in similar errors but the machine works just the display output is not visible as the card is not init'ed. But you can type in the QEMU window and see more errors but you can also boot MorphOS and then it inits the card and see picture. You can get back the firmware ok prompt on serial when this happens by blindly typing exactly the following (note there must be a space between the first quote and /failsafe, that's Forth not a typo):

" /failsafe" io

You have to type this in the QEMU window where the keyboard input would normally be and it won't be echoed but if successful then the ok prompt should appear where the errors are displayed and you can continue to type there to interact with the firmware. I'm not sure if you get a QEMU window with pass-thorugh but I think you should get some guest window, so type in that window not where the errors are. You only have one chance to type it without mistakes otherwise the io command breaks the input as well so if it did not work then restart the VM and try again.

You might also want to read https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/wiki/DeveloperTips on the info qtree and info mtree QEMU monitor commands which may help debugging this and see where are the BARs of the card mapped.

Edited by balaton on 2023/6/24 13:23:29
Edited by balaton on 2023/6/24 13:24:02
Edited by balaton on 2023/6/24 21:14:42
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m3x

Quote:
I've ported ATOMBIOS into Sam460 U-boot version, and ASICInit indeed seems to initialize correctly the card but ATM I cannot get any videomode working. Do I need to call the classic x86 BIOS emulation before calling ASICInit, or something else need to be done to have a basic 640x480 screen mode ?

IIRC, you need to do the lowlevel initialization (POSTing) of the card for it to work. That should be part of the old x86 ROM code.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs

The errors you got with sam460ex are explained here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1869006
from that it seems it tries to map something at guest address 0xf0000000 and it may be due to a problem in some Linux kernel versions if I gat that correctly but I'm not sure what is happening here and if that's not a side effect of a diiferent problem.

Looking at the code that runs in sam460ex U-Boot at
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/u-boot ... m460ex/init_radeon.c#L216
(that @m3x may know more about) it looks like it decides which BAR to map not based on card type but if it's a PCIe card. So maybe you should connect the card to a PCIe bus which may be possble by adding ,bus=pcie.1 to the -device vfio-pci options but since I had no docs on the PCIe on the 460EX this may not be correctly emulated but maybe worth a try. You can verify with info qtree in the QEMU monitor where the card is connected. Experimenting with ati-vga I've found only the PCI bus (pci.0) and pcie.1 are checked by the firmware).

Does anybody know if ATI X550 card is supported by AmigaOS? I may have a card around somewhere which I could test but I think it's not supported by either AmigaOS nor MorphOS although X300 and X1000 which is probably similar are supported.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@balaton

Quote:
There exist PCIe to PCI bridges to connect PCI cards to modern systems. I've heard fhat those using a Pericom chip might be the best but this is not confirmed, just rumors. Also I'm not sure if the guest really has to support PCIe to pass through a card but it seems likely that having a PCIe card appear as a PCI card in the guest might cause problems and the driver could get confused so that's less likely to work.

The issue with the BIOS might not be fatal though as long as it works enough for the driver to find and init the card so I would not give up on that yet.

The Pegasos II UBoot issue is a show-stopper. It won't look behind a PCI-to-PCI(e) bridge, which means it won't configure cards behind a bridge, and the card also doesn't appear in the hardware list passed to the OS. It's like the card isn't there.

Quote:
As detailed on the qmiga development page on ati-vga the emulated Radeon 7000 is missing emulation of the micro-engine (aka CCE or PM4) so while the driver detects it and starts to talk to it it stops working when the driver enables the command processor. This could be emulated to make it work but somebody would need to port code for that from Xenia emulator as I haven't got to that yet because it's quire some work and so far I had enough to do on pegasos2 emulation and improving what's there. This is explained in https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/ticket/40018

That probably would be quite a bit of work.

Quote:
If we are only concerned about one guest OS like AmigaOS then wrting a guest driver for QEMU's virtio devices may be easier and get better results.

Virtio drivers would be the best way forward for AmigaOS.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

The Pegasos II UBoot issue is a show-stopper. It won't look behind a PCI-to-PCI(e) bridge, which means it won't configure cards behind a bridge, and the card also doesn't appear in the hardware list passed to the OS. It's like the card isn't there.

I'm not sure the guest would see the bridge but I'm no expert on vfio. I think the bridge is handled by the host and it can pass the PCI card to the guest where it just appears as another PCI card so the guest does not need to know about the bridge but I haven't tried that. I've heard though that some people managed to do that and boot MacOS with a Rage 128 so I think it's possible.

Quote:
This is explained in https://osdn.net/projects/qmiga/ticket/40018
That probably would be quite a bit of work.

Depends how much we want to emulate it. Emulating the micro engine is really hard because it's not documented so I don't know how to do that. Emulating what the microcode does and parsing the command packets is only boring but not difficult but it was already mostly done in Xenia emulator so maybe it could just be ported to QEMU. It's still a lot of work but not much experties is needed just somebody who wants to spend time with it.

Quote:
Quote:

Virtio drivers would be the best way forward for AmigaOS.

That's what I said. I could try that if there was some sample template driver available somewhere. The P96 page has a cirrus driver as a sample but that's quite complex and written in 68k assembly so may not be the best reference. Some FPGA projects have simpler uaegfx drivers that may be used as an example but if there's some better reference to get started it might help. Driving the QEMU card is really simple because no initialisation or any such things are needed so I think a simple frame buffer "driver" would be like 5 lines the rest only being boilerplate code for AmigaOS needs. This is where I would start before looking at virtio.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton

Pegasos2

OS version

6.1.31-2-MANJARO

Commandline used

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -M pegasos2 -cpu 7447 -bios pegasos2.rom -cdrom Peg2InstallCD.iso -serial stdio -vga none -device vfio-pci,host=0000:0b:00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on,romfile=gpu.rom

Serial output

PegasosII Boot Strap (c2002-2003 bplan GmbH
Running on CPU PVR
:80020101
Enable L1 ICache
...                                                    Done.
Clean/Flush Block enabled
Reading W83194 
:                                                       FAILED.
Setting Front Side Bus to 133MHz...                                    FAILED.
Configuring DDR...                                                     Done.
Configuring PCI0...                                                    Done.
Configuring PCI1...                                                    Done.
Configuring ETH...                                                     Done.
Releasing IDE reset ...                                                Done.
Configuring Legacy Devices
Initializing KBD
...                                                    Done.
Testing 10000000 BytesPass00000000 Failed00000000
RAM TEST 
(fill linear)...                                              Done.
FFFFFFFF

SmartFirmware
:
cpu0PowerPC,74x7 CPUClock 1533 Mhz BUSClock 133 Mhz (Version 0x8002,0x0101)
no/bad nvramrc performing default startup script
channel 1 unit 0 
atapi QEMU DVD-ROM                             2.5+    
ATA device not present or not responding
INTERNAL ERROR
0000000E=UNIMPLEMENTED EXTENDED OPCODE

EAX
=0000 EBX=0000 ECX=0000 EDX=0000 ESP=0000 EBP=5555 ESI=6666 EDI=7777
 AX
=0008  BX=0004  CX=3A98  DX=0015  SP=FFC8  BP=FFB6  SI=0008  DI=A290
 DS
=C000  ES=BAD0  SS=1000  CS=C000  IP=3280   NV UP -- PL NZ NA PO NC
CS
:IP 0F  
STACK
: 0008 0008 15B1 0004 1623 07EA 02AF 0000 
FE00 F000 FE01 F000 FE02 F000 FE03 F000 
FE04 F000 FE05 F000 FE06 F000 FE07 F000 
FE08 F000 FE09 F000 FE0A F000 FE0B F000 
FE0C F000 FE0D F000 FE0E F000 FE0F F000 
FE10 F000 FE11 F000 FE12 F000 FE13 F000 
FE14 F000 FE15 F000 FE16 F000 FE17 F000 
FE18 F000 FE19 F000 FE1A F000 FE1B F000 
FE1C F000 FE1D F000 FE1E F000 FE1F F000 
FE20 F000 FE21 F000 FE22 F000 FE23 F000 
FE24 F000 FE25 F000 FE26 F000 FE27 F000 
  A0
FE28 F000 FE29 F000 FE2A F000 FE2B F000 
  B0
FE2C F000 FE2D F000 FE2E F000 FE2F F000 
  C0
FE30 F000 FE31 F000 FE32 F000 FE33 F000 
  D0
FE34 F000 FE35 F000 FE36 F000 FE37 F000 
  E0
FE38 F000 FE39 F000 FE3A F000 FE3B F000 
  F0
FE3C F000 FE3D F000 FE3E F000 FE3F F000 
FE40 F000 FE41 F000 FE42 F000 FE43 F000 
FE44 F000 FE45 F000 FE46 F000 FE47 F000 
FE48 F000 FE49 F000 FE4A F000 FE4B F000 
FE4C F000 FE4D F000 FE4E F000 FE4F F000 
Failed to emulate CS
:IP [C000:3280]=0F,BC,D8,8D,36,8D
UNHANDLED INT 10 
FUNCTION 0100 WITHIN EMULATION
EA
BYTE READ FROM UNINITIALIZED LOW MEM 0040:0085
UNHANDLED INT 10 FUNCTION 0300 WITHIN EMULATION
UNHANDLED INT 10 
FUNCTION 1301 WITHIN EMULATION
UNHANDLED INT 10 
FUNCTION 0300 WITHIN EMULATION
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
UNHANDLED INT 10 
entering main read
/eval loop...
UNHANDLED INT 10 FUNCTION 0300 WITHIN EMULATION
UNHANDLED INT 10 

info qtree

EMU 8.0.0 monitor type 'help' for more information
(qemuinfo qtree
bus
main-system-bus
  type System
  dev
ps2-mouseid ""

gpio-out "" 1
  dev
ps2-kbdid ""

gpio-out "" 1
  dev
mv64361-pcihostid ""

index (0x1)

x-config-reg-migration-enabled true
    bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pci.1
      type PCI
      dev
vfio-pciid ""

host "0000:0b:00.0"

sysfsdev "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:0b:00.0"

x-pre-copy-dirty-page-tracking "on"

display "off"

xres (0x0)

yres (0x0)

x-intx-mmap-timeout-ms 1100 (0x44c)

x-vga true
        x
-req true
        x
-igd-opregion false
        x
-enable-migration false
        x
-no-mmap false
        x
-balloon-allowed false
        x
-no-kvm-intx false
        x
-no-kvm-msi false
        x
-no-kvm-msix false
        x
-no-geforce-quirks false
        x
-no-kvm-ioeventfd false
        x
-no-vfio-ioeventfd false
        x
-pci-vendor-id 4098 (0x1002)

x-pci-device-id 26641 (0x6811)

x-pci-sub-vendor-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-pci-sub-device-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-igd-gms (0x0)

x-nv-gpudirect-clique 255 (0xff)

x-msix-relocation "off"

addr 01.0
        romfile 
"gpu.rom"

romsize 131072 (0x20000)

rombar (0x1)

multifunction true
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
VGA controlleraddr 00:01.0pci id 1002:6811 (sub 1462:3050)

bar 0mem at 0x80000000 [0x8fffffff]

bar 2mem at 0x90000000 [0x9003ffff]

bar 4i/o at 0x1100 [0x11ff]

bar 6mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x1fffe]

devvia-mc97id ""

addr 0c.6
        romfile 
""

romsize 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class Class 0780, 
addr 00:0c.6pci id 1106:3068 (sub 1af4:1100)

devvia-ac97id ""

audiodev "none"

addr 0c.5
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Audio controlleraddr 00:0c.5pci id 1106:3058 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0xffffffffffffffff [0xfe]

bar 1i/o at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x2]

bar 2i/o at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x2]

devvt8231-pmid ""

addr 0c.4
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Bridgeaddr 00:0c.4pci id 1106:8235 (sub 1af4:1100)

busi2c
          type i2c
-bus
          dev
smbus-eepromid ""

address 87 (0x57)

devvt82c686b-usb-uhciid ""

bandwidth 1280 (0x500)

maxframes 128 (0x80)

addr 0c.3
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
USB controlleraddr 00:0c.3pci id 1106:3038 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 4i/o at 0x1060 [0x107f]

bususb-bus.1
          type usb
-bus
      dev
vt82c686b-usb-uhciid ""

bandwidth 1280 (0x500)

maxframes 128 (0x80)

addr 0c.2
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
USB controlleraddr 00:0c.2pci id 1106:3038 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 4i/o at 0x1040 [0x105f]

bususb-bus.0
          type usb
-bus
      dev
via-ideid ""

gpio-in "" 2
        addr 
0c.1
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
IDE controlleraddr 00:0c.1pci id 1106:0571 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0x1000 [0x1007]

bar 1i/o at 0x100c [0x100f]

bar 2i/o at 0x1010 [0x1017]

bar 3i/o at 0x101c [0x101f]

bar 4i/o at 0x1020 [0x102f]

buside.1
          type IDE
          dev
ide-cdid ""

drive "ide1-cd0"

backend_defaults "auto"

logical_block_size 512 (512 B)

physical_block_size 512 (512 B)

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

discard_granularity 512 (512 B)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
            account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

rerror "auto"

werror "auto"

ver "2.5+"

wwn (0x0)

serial "QM00003"

model ""

unit (0x0)

buside.0
          type IDE
      dev
vt8231-isaid ""

gpio-in "pirq" 4
        gpio
-out "" 1
        addr 
0c.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction true
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
ISA bridgeaddr 00:0c.0pci id 1106:8231 (sub 1af4:1100)

busisa.0
          type ISA
          dev
i8042id ""

gpio-in "ps2-mouse-input-irq" 1
            gpio
-in "ps2-kbd-input-irq" 1
            gpio
-out "" 2
            gpio
-out "a20" 1
            extended
-state true
            kbd
-throttle false
            kbd
-irq (0x1)

mouse-irq 12 (0xc)

devisa-fdcid ""

iobase 1008 (0x3f0)

irq (0x6)

dma (0x2)

fdtypeA "auto"

fdtypeB "auto"

fallback "288"

busfloppy-bus.0
              type floppy
-bus
              dev
floppyid ""

unit (0x0)

drive "floppy0"

backend_defaults "auto"

logical_block_size 512 (512 B)

physical_block_size 512 (512 B)

min_io_size (0 B)

opt_io_size (0 B)

discard_granularity 4294967295 (4 GiB)

write-cache "auto"

share-rw false
                account
-invalid "auto"

account-failed "auto"

drive-type "288"

devisa-serialid ""

index (0x0)

iobase 760 (0x2f8)

irq (0x4)

devisa-parallelid ""

index (0x0)

iobase 888 (0x378)

irq (0x7)

chardev "parallel0"

devvt8231-superioid ""

devmc146818rtcid ""

gpio-out "" 1
            base_year 
(0x0)

iobase 112 (0x70)

irq (0x8)

lost_tick_policy "discard"

devi8257id ""

base 192 (0xc0)

page-base 136 (0x88)

pageh-base = -(0xffffffffffffffff)

dshift (0x1)

devi8257id ""

base (0x0)

page-base 128 (0x80)

pageh-base = -(0xffffffffffffffff)

dshift (0x0)

devisa-pitid ""

gpio-in "" 1
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
64 (0x40)

devisa-i8259id ""

gpio-in "" 8
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
160 (0xa0)

elcr_addr 1233 (0x4d1)

elcr_mask 222 (0xde)

master false
          dev
isa-i8259id ""

gpio-in "" 8
            gpio
-out "" 1
            iobase 
32 (0x20)

elcr_addr 1232 (0x4d0)

elcr_mask 248 (0xf8)

master true
      dev
mv64361-pcibridgeid ""

addr 00.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Host bridgeaddr 00:00.0pci id 11ab:6460 (sub 1af4:1100)

devmv64361-pcihostid ""

index (0x0)

bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pci.0
      type PCI
      dev
mv64361-pcibridgeid ""

addr 00.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Host bridgeaddr 00:00.0pci id 11ab:6460 (sub 1af4:1100)

devmv64361id ""

gpio-in "gpp" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    mmio ffffffffffffffff
/0000000000010000
(qemu)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@balaton

Sam460 - adding gfx card as pcie

Commandline

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -m 2048 -rtc base=localtime -serial stdio -vga none -device vfio-pci,host=0000:0b:00.0,bus=pcie.1,multifunction=on,x-vga=on,romfile=gpu.rom -cdrom Sam460InstallCD-53.58-patched.iso

Serial

U-Boot 2010.06.05 (Jul 08 2018 22:45:33)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460EX RevB at 1150 MHz (PLB=230 OPB=115 EBC=115)

No Security/Kasumi support
       Bootstrap Option A 
Boot ROM Location EBC (8 bits)

Internal PCI arbiter disabled
       32 kB I
-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board
Sam460exPCIe 4x SATA-2
I2C
:   ready
DRAM
:  2 GiB (ECC not enabled460 MHzCL0)
Warning bad CRCusing default environment

PCI
:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
        00  01  1095  3112  0104  00
        00  06  126f  0501  
0380  00
PCIE1
successfully set as root-complex
Net
:   ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA
:  Revision 00 (20 0-00-00)
SM502found
VGA
:   ERROR EXECUTING BIOS

info qtree

(qemuinfo qtree
bus
main-system-bus
  type System
  dev
cfi.pflash01id ""

drive ""

num-blocks 16 (0x10)

sector-length 65536 (0x10000)

width (0x1)

device-width (0x0)

max-device-width (0x0)

big-endian true
    secure 
false
    id0 
137 (0x89)

id1 24 (0x18)

id2 (0x0)

id3 (0x0)

name "sam460ex.flash"

old-multiple-chip-handling false
    mmio 00000004fff00000
/0000000000100000
  dev
serial-mmid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    regshift 
(0x0)

endianness (0x1)

mmio ffffffffffffffff/0000000000000008

devppc440-pcix-hostid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    x
-config-reg-migration-enabled true
    bypass
-iommu false
    mmio 0000000c0ec00000
/00000000000800ff
    bus
pci.0
      type PCI
      dev
sii3112id ""

gpio-in "" 2
        addr 
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
RAID controlleraddr 00:01.0pci id 1095:3112 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0i/o at 0x1000 [0x1007]

bar 1i/o at 0x1008 [0x100b]

bar 2i/o at 0x1010 [0x1017]

bar 3i/o at 0x1018 [0x101b]

bar 4i/o at 0x1020 [0x102f]

bar 5mem at 0x80000000 [0x800001ff]

buside.1
          type IDE
        bus
ide.0
          type IDE
      dev
sm501id ""

vram-size 67108864 (0x4000000)

x-pixman (0x7)

addr 06.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Display controlleraddr 00:06.0pci id 126f:0501 (sub 1af4:1100)

bar 0mem at 0x84000000 [0x87ffffff]

bar 1mem at 0x88000000 [0x881fffff]

bussm501.i2c
          type i2c
-bus
          dev
i2c-ddcid ""

xres 1280 (0x500)

yres 800 (0x320)

xmax (0x0)

ymax (0x0)

refresh_rate (0x0)

address 80 (0x50)

devppc4xx-host-bridgeid ""

addr 00.0
        romfile 
""

rombar (0x1)

multifunction false
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
Bridgeaddr 00:00.0pci id 1014:027f (sub 1014:cafe)

devppc460ex-pcie-hostid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 4
    dcrn
-base 288 (0x120)

bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pcie.1
      type PCIE
      dev
vfio-pciid ""

host "0000:0b:00.0"

sysfsdev "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:0b:00.0"

x-pre-copy-dirty-page-tracking "on"

display "off"

xres (0x0)

yres (0x0)

x-intx-mmap-timeout-ms 1100 (0x44c)

x-vga true
        x
-req true
        x
-igd-opregion false
        x
-enable-migration false
        x
-no-mmap false
        x
-balloon-allowed false
        x
-no-kvm-intx false
        x
-no-kvm-msi false
        x
-no-kvm-msix false
        x
-no-geforce-quirks false
        x
-no-kvm-ioeventfd false
        x
-no-vfio-ioeventfd false
        x
-pci-vendor-id 4098 (0x1002)

x-pci-device-id 26641 (0x6811)

x-pci-sub-vendor-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-pci-sub-device-id 4294967295 (0xffffffff)

x-igd-gms (0x0)

x-nv-gpudirect-clique 255 (0xff)

x-msix-relocation "off"

addr 00.0
        romfile 
"gpu.rom"

romsize 131072 (0x20000)

rombar (0x1)

multifunction true
        x
-pcie-lnksta-dllla true
        x
-pcie-extcap-init true
        failover_pair_id 
""

acpi-index (0x0)
        class 
VGA controlleraddr 00:00.0pci id 1002:6811 (sub 1462:3050)

bar 0mem at 0xffffffffffffffff [0xffffffe]

bar 2mem at 0xb0000000 [0xb003ffff]

bar 4i/o at 0x1000 [0x10ff]

bar 6mem at 0xa0000000 [0xa001ffff]

devppc460ex-pcie-hostid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 4
    dcrn
-base 256 (0x100)

bypass
-iommu false
    bus
pcie.0
      type PCIE
  dev
sysbus-ohciid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    masterbus 
"usb-bus.0"

num-ports (0x6)

firstport (0x0)

dma-offset (0x0)

mmio 00000004bffd0000/0000000000000100
  dev
ppc4xx-ehci-usbid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    maxframes 
128 (0x80)

companion-enable true
    mmio 00000004bffd0400
/0000000000001000
    bus
usb-bus.0
      type usb
-bus
      dev
usb-mouseid ""

usb_version (0x2)

port ""

serial ""

msos-desc true
        pcap 
""

addr 0.3port 2speed 480name QEMU USB Mouseattached
      dev
usb-kbdid ""

usb_version (0x2)

display ""

port ""

serial ""

msos-desc true
        pcap 
""

addr 0.2port 1speed 480name QEMU USB Keyboardattached
  dev
ppc4xx-malid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 4
    txc
-num (0x4)

rxc-num 16 (0x10)

devppc4xx-ebcid ""

devppc4xx-i2cid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    mmio 00000004ef600800
/0000000000000012
    bus
i2c
      type i2c
-bus
  dev
ppc4xx-i2cid ""

gpio-out "sysbus-irq" 1
    mmio 00000004ef600700
/0000000000000012
    bus
i2c
      type i2c
-bus
      dev
m41t80id ""

address 104 (0x68)

devsmbus-eepromid ""

address 80 (0x50)

devppc4xx-sdram-ddr2id ""

nbanks (0x1)

devppc-uicid ""

gpio-in "" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 2
    dcr
-base 240 (0xf0)
    use-
vectors true
  dev
ppc-uicid ""

gpio-in "" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 2
    dcr
-base 224 (0xe0)
    use-
vectors true
  dev
ppc-uicid ""

gpio-in "" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 2
    dcr
-base 208 (0xd0)
    use-
vectors true
  dev
ppc-uicid ""

gpio-in "" 32
    gpio
-out "sysbus-irq" 2
    dcr
-base 192 (0xc0)
    use-
vectors true
  dev
ppc4xx-plbid ""
(qemu)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg
Quote:
@joerg
>QEmu does not appear to include any Radeon emulation.

In QEMU it does and is in the official repository. A simple 2D emulation of an ATI card. Morphos and Linux work fine under Qemu/Pegasos2. AOS does not.
Rage != Radeon
QEmu only supports emulation of an old ATI Rage card, but not any ATI Radeon cards supported by AmigaOS.
For MorphOS (and Linux) there is a driver for Rage cards, but there is none for AmigaOS.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 72 »