Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

Raziel, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X5000 power management
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am a new user of x5000 and when running idle for some time screen turns off which can be brought back moving mouse/trackball or using keyboard. Unfortunately I could not find a way to customize the time needed to turn screen off. More annoying is the "feature" of turning computer off completely if it stays idle more time. It is inconvenient and undesirable if some background task is being executed.
How I could turn off or modify this feature?

Go to top
Re: X5000 power management
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The screenblanker preferences are in the prefs drawer on the workbench partition. Under the "Timing" tab you can enter your own values or disable the features you don't want.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Isense

Quote:
More annoying is the "feature" of turning computer off completely if it stays idle more time.
It shouldn't do that, it should only turn off the monitor. Touching a key (I usually use a Ctrl key on its own) should get the display back.

If it really does turn off your whole machine, there's something wrong.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye on those power off episodes. As for the screen blanker prefs, thanks a lot. I have not noticed there were other tabs in the window.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Isense

I have also had phantom power-offs on my X5000, but I traced it to a loose power supply connection.

Go to top

Register To Post