Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ambermoon
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi!

Is there any way to run Ambermoon on a Graphics card system ? Just found my backup of it (don't have the original disks anymore, though I suspect they are in one of the boxes in the garage so maybe I actually still have them - but probably no drive which could read them even if the data on them is still okay) and I was wondering - it had been my favorite game in the old days.

But I guess probably there is no reimplementation of it existing or anything like that ? And the only chance might be running it on UAE ?

Best regards,
Steffen

Go to top
Re: Ambermoon
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheMagicSN

You can use the WHDLoad installer, but that expects UAE.

There is also an update/remake on github from pyrdacor, but i don't know if this is the amiga version or dos.

So, probably not

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Pyrcador links:

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon.net
remake of Ambermoon for Windows, linux, Mac. Unfortunatelly no classic Amiga+Gfx version.

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon-Advanced
Unooficial Amiga version, upgraded, extended. Works fine on E-UAE.
WHDLoad not needed. No install even if there is install icon. Simply unpack and play.
I am playing just now. Try if you can open it on gfx card.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Thanks sailor! I think this game is a cool RPG but I don't fee familiar with that style.Is anwkward to my taste

I will download and try later.

I don't remember but this game must be an RPG one no?

Try it later sure.

Is a great game as all on the Amiga,ones more than others.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2023/2/7 12:53:04
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It is probably one of the best RPGs ever made. Not sure if there was an English version ?

It was successor to Amberstar. It BTW already had a texture mapping engine (for the 3D parts) at that old age, was a big argument back then when people said "not possible on AmigaOS" - "then why is it possible in Ambermoon ? "

Combat was strategy combat like in a Japan 2D RPG. But it was a classical EU RPG Story in Ambermoon. Forget Dungeonmaster. Forget Eye of the Beholder. Forget all the SSI games. Ambermoon is the best Amiga RPG ever!!!

And thanks to the people who posted the links. Got a PC also, so I could try that .net version.

Still a shame they took .net. For nostalgia I would prefer to play it on my Amiga x1000

Go to top

Register To Post