Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sam Flex and AmiTube
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sailor

Thanks for confirming, now I know my bottleneck is 7750. Will definitelly need to look into the new GPU and re-read your GPU benchmark test again that you released some time ago.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@levellord

HD7750 is also Southern Island and should work
Here is post where it works for me with 7750. ( it is longer time and I forgot that I tested also this 7750 )

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@levellord
Quote:
levellord wrote:
Thanks for above, lots of good info. I tried the same with 360p, mp4 and mp3 and results were pretty good, just not sure how good are for SAM. Here are the settings:

360p_MPEG4_MP3

There are lots of compression artefacts flying around, if this is a movie, not sure how pleasant would be to watch it, but it would be watchable. I will definitelly play around with it to find acceptable combination. It would also help if I could use more that one core to compress, it took forever to complete 3 minute long video, average encoding speed was around 6.2 fps, that have nothing to do with the ffmpeg/GUI, of course. Hopefully Steven will release new kernel and soon!

thanks for ffmpeg settings. With this Sam400ep-flex 733 MHz plays videos with 80% CPU utilization.
Of course, video conversion with ffmpegGUi on Sam is terribly slow ( from HD H.264: speed 0.08x ) but X1000 made the job perfectly.

Edited by sailor on 2022/11/13 17:23:32
AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

On my X5000 I have no framerate or equal sound problems:In fact,I downloaded some Metal videos of various bands and genres (Mainly Heavy Metal and Thrash if someone is interested) and the only thing I could mention as inappropiate was the video and audio sync,but this does happens to usually with Final Burn and other Amiga programs.

Anyway on my AmigaOne XE clocked at 800 Mhz I downloaded some youtube videos in the past and they all played correctly on this machine.Great feeling there really.

If you need help you can reach me at: headbangingman2022@gmail.com or others too.

Sailor I miss your e-mails and I have good Amiga things if you want to share with you..I am lonely without people like you so we can be good Metal Merchants and friends if you want again.Just tell me how is your garden and I will send you flowers to irrigate em and have a beatiful day my friend.I consider you a clever person so just write and we can meet again...if you want OK? Thank you sailor

With my best intentions I despite you all

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)