Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 103

BillE, MigthyMax, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

What if we did Scrum [CLOSED]
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What if I were to create a public scrum board of things that we need to do to get things completed? In terms of software/gcc/coreutils/etc.

I mean, if a public accessible scrum board was availabe with tickets TODO/DONE/REVIEW was available?

Would this help us?

===

Take - for example - things that need to be changed in CLIB2. We could have a ticket about it, rather than many differnent posts on many different threads.

It is probably the case that only developers would understand this question. I work with JIRA all day, but I just wonder if it would help at alll.

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/9/6 23:38:15
Edited by rjd324 on 2022/9/7 9:57:34
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: What if we did Scrum
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am not a developer, but I understand the basics of Agile methodology and use Jira in my everyday job.

I think you will need more than just a Scrum board, you'll need a scrum master as well. Will you also do sprints, or use waterfall? It would be hard to organise such a disperate group of people.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

Why not just use git or subversion?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Github and it's tickets already works well.
There is no issues with organazing, issues with lack of skilled and motivated developers :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Indeed.

I may have wrote this after having one too many beers.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
I may have wrote this after having one too many beers.

No it's all right. It's great that people come up with ideas and solutions, rather than put-downs and insults. This is why this site is such a fun place.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post