Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Transfer of files between Pc and Amiga not working now
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello Amigans:

I noticed these bad transfer of files between PC and Amiga.These evening I've been trying to copy some of my music groups from Pc to my AmigaOne X5000,but when copied I plugged the USB stick on the top of thr tower and nothing appears on screen.Same I did with some pictures and no way.

With Amiga I musn't format the USB pendrive because with the program "Format" it generally freezes.

All I want is to transfer my music to my Amiga as it was avaliable until saturday 2-July-2022 when I have my AmigaOS 4.1 HD and Morphos HD problem too.

If someone can help me I will be very grateful.

Cheers

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2022/7/23 20:56:02
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Tranfer of files between Pc and Amiga not working now
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey, so does your machine recognise anything plugged into that usb slot. First thing I would check?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Yes it shows the USB window with the info of the pendrive but on the Workbench desktop,it doesn't appear the pendrive icon,

Don't know why because on the lasts months the pendrive copied and transfered files from Amiga to PC and at the inverse order efficiently and without issues.Note that this pendrive is a Philips 256 GB buyed at the beginning of this year and it has lots of storage.

Could it be that after several Format phases specially on the pc could disfunction or corrupted it?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
maybe it is worth going to shell and typing "info", making a note of the things in "Volumes available". Then, inserting the flash drive and running "info" again to see if anything was mounted despite it not showing up.

I cannot remember what happens if a drive is not properly formatted - whether Amiga will show a icon equivalent to NDOS.

It seems like a formatting issue. You do not have another flash drive?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

OK I typed "info" in a Shell without the pendrive connected and another typing of "info" on the Shell and it shows all the volumes except my pendrive.Believe that this has some significance hopefully.

I have more pendrives but they are written with important OSes and things.

Anyway I tried with another pendrive an is shown on the Shell.

Go to top
Re: Transfer of files between Pc and Amiga not working now
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit - removed a clueless reply

Edited by Magic on 2022/7/28 6:29:20
Reason: Remove a clueless reply
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's interesting that you should notice this yesterday. I noticed the same thing, also yesterday but specifically with FAT32 drives that had been inserted into a Windows 11 machine. The USB message on the Amiga says it could not recognise the drive though the Win 11 PC has no issue.

I grabbed a different USB stick from a drawer that wasn't used much and it showed up.

I wonder if something changed with the FAT32 format that the OS4 driver doesn't know about.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Was it a USB3 pen drive that is supposedly backward compatable to USB2? I tried a USB3 pen deive for file transfer between Windows and an X5000. It seemed to work on my Amiga until I used it on Windows and then plugged it into my Amiga.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Maybe because you messed around with RDB and MBR partition tables (Or special UBOOT disk images.), the operating system can get confused.

If I was you, I keep one USB pen for emergency AmigaONE boot.
and use a new USB stick for PC to Amiga transferee.
USB pen drives are so cheap, you get USB pen drives in almost every store.

To partition a USB drive see guide for diskpart command for windows.

https://console.kim.sg/format-to-small ... 32gb-fat32-with-diskpart/

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/7/25 22:09:57
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Magic

No is not running.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Yes my pendrive is new and it must be USB 3.0 compliant.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

OK I saw the guide,maybe it could help.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

There's the possibility that the drives won't work on Amiga.

I have a bunch of cheap USB sticks I got from work, none of them work on my X5000. Very similar to your situation, I plug them in and they don't mount.

BTW, if any Devs are reading this, I would be happy to send you one to investigate why OS4.1 doesn't recognise it.

Do you have another USB that you know for sure works with your Amiga, and have tried it?

I think I recall from another thread that you had your machine open and doing some work on it. If so, you might want to check the USB cables are firmly plugged into the motherboard.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

I had few issues old AmigaONE-XE, but on AmigaONE-X1000 I have not really had any issues, just USB sticks comes with NTFS and we need to have it formatted with FAT32. (Can be some size issues as well, not sure.)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Yes of 6 pendrives I have 5 of them are readable.One of these is old or doesn't work anyway.

And I have one of Ubuntu Mate and it works as I was trying it..

Ah! I have one with block errors or corrupted too.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForItQuote:
LiveForIt wrote:@daveyw

I had few issues old AmigaONE-XE, but on AmigaONE-X1000 I have not really had any issues,

Yes, I had the same problem with my A1XE. Eventually found it was down to inadequate cooling. Once I replaced the terrible stock cooler, USB was very stable.

Quote:

just USB sticks comes with NTFS and we need to have it formatted with FAT32.

OS4.1 can read and write NTFS. I have a couple of 1 TB external hard drives I use for backup and sharing data, out-of-the-box they were NTFS and work fine with my X5000. Also have a 100 GB flash drive I use to backup my work laptop, had to reformat it as NTFS because trying to backup so much data on FAT32 was impossible; also works great with my X5000.

Go to top

Register To Post