Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ftp server on OS4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am using ftp server on my x5000 for tranfering some files from the iMac. But every time when I conect on server or try to transfer something I get request window with some info ( you can see it on screenshot).

Resized Image

I am using RCFTPd. I do not know is that normal proccess or I need to setup something on OS4 side?

Thank you.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Re: Ftp server on OS4.1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo I believe it's a false premmes, function expected 32B alignment, for 8 bit char. Nothing you can do unless you are a programmer, I believe it's a pattern match function, it's used to find the string inside another string I believe. Std clib has a strstr function maybe it's similar.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
As LiveForIt told nothing you can do unless you are a programmer and have access to the source code. I just want to correct what he told about the function goal: this is not a function to look for a string inside another string but a function to find the first file or directory matching a given name pattern see https://wiki.amigaos.net/amiga/autodocs/dos.doc.txt.

Otherwise there are other ftp servers for AmigaOS 4 still supported for example a-ftp-server or ftpd (by others and me) which are free or ZitaFTPserver (by Hans) which is commercial, see available options on os4depot.net http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... se&cat=network/server/ftp

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo
I've used A-FTP-Server on my X1000 for years with my android device. It's not a secure server but I don't think there is really much risk within my home network. I only start it when I want to upload/download to my Andriod phone.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
if you want an easy/not-configurable/no-gui/but-fast server you can use this one.. https://www.amigasoft.net/simple-ftp-server/ :D

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you guys on replys.

I tried A-ftp server, it works but sometimes when I have a lot of files to transfer I get some errors and transfer stops and I need to reconnect. Also, I installed ftpd (tnx abalaban) , very easy to use and for now it works well. I will do some more testing but, for now I found what I searched for!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

Hi, I can't download your ftpd from your web site, using Odyssey, but no success. ¿:-/

EDIT: tried with FF and downloaded without problems.

Edited by jabirulo on 2022/7/20 8:12:40
Go to top

Register To Post