Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: AmigaInput Queston
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Thanks rjd324!!!

I made the test but now how can I assign the keys?

xMAME is awaiting me version 1.06

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Someone needs to figure out why there seems to be a problem with AmigaInputAnyware. The source code is available. If no one gets around to it, I can look into it.

You should check to see if AmigaInputAnyware is causing the same issue for you though... To be clear, I think AmigaInput works fine, and I can use InputTest_SDL to check that. But, I cannot work out why AmigaInputAnyware is not doing what I want it to do.

If you are also stuck with AmigaInputAnyware not behaving as you expected, then it is a matter of waiting, unless you want to fix it.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
I think AmigaInput works fine,

NO! It's not fine!

One problem as understand it that beta testers, have a newer version of it with less bugs.

One problem is connectivity, I have an unstable connection on joypad, as result I get lot disconnection’s, as often. The concept of ownership, or registration of use is missing, it’s like when you’re in a building, and suddenly the floor disappears, because of the demolition crew, So, your fall to your death (or the software does), no check that someone is in the building.

Now Amiga Input supports pulling and pushed messages, pushed messages is most effective, because program, can do something else, while pulled message program has ask if there is something to do, now here is the problem, in order to know, that joypad is connected you need to pull that information, so pushed / event driven messaged are broken, just because of this (the benefits are gone ).

Quote:
If you are also stuck with AmigaInputAnyware not behaving as you expected

unless someone fixes AmigaInput, there nothing to fix in AmigaInputAnywhere. AmigaInputAnywhere does not fix or replace anything broken in AmigaInput, what it is, its a workaround for games that do not support AmigaInput.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/6/5 20:46:25
Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/6/5 23:07:54
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi @all,

I had busy weekend and finally managed to look into the AmigaInputAnywhere (AIA from now on). From what I understand, and I may be wrong, AIA is looking into the AmigaInput, but just to the buttons which you can see in the Test/Calibrate unit. It does not respect which color you have assigned to which button in the LowLevel.

I have tested "Heart of Darkness" using AIA and was able to assign keyboard keys to the Fightstick. It worked very good and in order for keys to be picked up, AIA needs to be open when you start the game.

@MamePPCA1

Not sure if you resolved issue of keys assignments in AIA or not, here is how I did it:

First, I went inside the drawer AmigaInputAnywhere then inside the Config. From there, I copied Default file and pasted it in RAM disk. Renamed the file to the executable of the game, in this case the Heart of Darkness which is "hode" and then copied and pasted that file back into the Config drawer. Now I opened AIA and could see my game in the list. I was able to edit it, not messing the other config files.

Resized Image

Before all of this, I wrote down the A-B-X-Y buttons in the "Test/Calibrate unit" and numbers assigned to it and also wrote down the keys within the game which correspond to the action (jump and fire). Clicking on edit in the AIA will give you the list of the buttons from AmigaInput so I clicked on button number and in the popup I have pressed the corresponding key for the action. Rinse and repeat until all buttons are assigned and save.

I did not test this in the emulator, I don't have one, but if you can assign keyboard keys in it globally (so all the games are using the same keyboard keys), you should be okay. I hope this helped.

@All

AIA is just a workaround for joystick/pad to work and is not a solution. What we need with in AmigaInput is option to assign buttons which will be accepted and recognized by the system/game and not only for legacy support (LowLevel). I would think this should be one of the first items to work on any system and by now, we should have working input preference for various gaming devices. I am thinking of something simple as it is in RetroPi, where you select configure joystick and then it asks you serious of questions for all of the directional/buttons assignments. Something simple as that, because right now, AmigaInput is broken. It will crash with almost every change and I can't even remember how many times I had to reset the machine because of this while testing out. Also as @rjd324 noticed (and Daedalus in the other thread), some of my assigns were producing left and right cursor movements, without any explanation.

Anyway, just my opinion, cheers!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

OK,great explanation.

I copied the Default configuration but It musn't paste to RAM:

What can I do now seeing that Workbench doesn't allow me to paste this configuration on RAM:?

Thanks

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I some times I wonder if people have actually have used AmigaOS, you can duplicate the file from the workbench menu, and you don’t need paste anything to RAM, and you can just drag it to ram, and you can use filemaster or dopus to make copy of the file.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/6/6 20:27:11
Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/6/6 22:12:28
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

No problem! Try this: go to AmigaInputAnyware, enter "config" drawer and right click and hold right click on "Default" config file. From the menu select copy.
Now open RAM: (make sure the window is blue) and in that open window right click and select paste from the menu. Rename file to your liking (right click on it and select "Rename") and do the same just reverse. Copy newly renamed config file and paste it into the "config" drawer.

Or what @LiveForIt above is saying (Thanks LiveForIt!), within "config" drawer click on duplicate in the menu and new file will be created called "Copy_of_Default". Just rename it to your liking. There are many ways to do this, of course, somehow I chose to pick the first one that came to mind.

I hope this helps!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yeah I thinked of that but I didn't do because I wanted to paste to RAM: as said levellord.But I had that idea in mind yeah.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

OK levellord!!! I will try now

Many thanks!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I succeded duplicating one file and renaming to xMAME 1.06.Then I assigned 4 keys to right-left-up-down and 4 buttons to 4 keys.I tried with one rom of Marvel but again problems.

I believe that the MAME roms with 4 or 6 buttons crashes like Street Fighter 2 or Marvel Super-heroes.On my Amiga One
that doesn't happens.

Why these roms give me error,a grim reaper and doesn't load?

The thread begins to turn very passionate now!!!

I love xMAME a lot is the best emulator/program ever!!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @MamePPCA1

Unfortunately, I can't help with the MAME gamepad conf settings, I don't have MAME on my system. Does any other games, simple ones with 1-2 buttons work, and MAME is not crashing?

Testing more games with AmigaInputAnywhere, appears that keyboard keys are randomly picked and not assigned to the corresponding buttons within AmigaInput. At the end what I said earlier is not exactly correct and I was only really lucky with the first game I picked to test. Looking at the settings file for each game, I wish I know what are the raw key codes for OS4.1, maybe manually changing those would give better linking results. I am no coder, so I have no idea.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

I have great illusion with AmigaInputAnywhere and xMAME 1.06.I assigned the keys to the buttons and the directional crosses too.I managed to assign all and when I am on MAME I can use only my secondary joypad that I think is the first it recognise MAME.Then I assign the controls with up-down-left-right with the joypad well recognized but with the 10 buttons at least on the 2 firsts it show "Up" "Down" and so on on the MAME configuration.

What can I do now? Is there a possibility to use my other joypad and assign buttons well?

I have minimal expectations with AmigaInputAnywhere.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have the same issue as you @MamePPCA1, sometimes assigned buttons would make sprite go left and right or sometimes it will fire and go left at the same time and so on, just weird stuff. If you are able to assign any keys within MAME, maybe try to experiment and find out which keybard keys are translating well via AIA and gamepad and then use those buttons? Regarding the two gamepads, I do not see an option in AIA to pick up second gamepad, maybe it is not possible and you will only have to play single player games.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

OK I will try with another keys now for the buttons

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Ok, I found a bug in AmigaInputAnywhere will upload a fix,
it’s a small memory corruption bug.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:
What can I do now? Is there a possibility to use my other joypad and assign buttons well?

No, it only support the fist joystick it finds.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

You need set to keyboard as joystick in mame, you check what keys is assigned to, if you open notepad or another text editor, just start pressing buttons, I can maybe make this more readable in the program.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks @LiveForIt, that's really good suggestion.

If you have time and can explain, on a high level, Axis 1 and 2, selecting between keyboard or joystick, what that exactly means? No matter what is selected, joystick will start moving mouse pointer. One more thing, button A (In AmigaInput is 1) is not visible in AIA. I've assigned it to keyboard key, but the message in output AIA CLI will state "ERROR: Bad config not mouse or keboard event?". Not sure why, the key assigned to is R-CTRL, but changing to any other button, it will give me the same message. Can you guess if the issue is with the AmigaInput or something else?

Thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

Quote:
button A (In AmigaInput is 1) is not visible in AIA

yepp, that’s the memory corruption problem.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Finally I can say that happily my joypad is configured and I can play MAME roms without problem.

The only problem comes when I try to assign button 1 to a key it always says "RIGHT" on MAME configuration inside the Machines,the Arcade ones.

What can I do to change this?

I only can use 3 of my 4 joypad buttons.

Thanks!!! Many thanks to you all

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »