Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ibrowse
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
my ibrowse is losing connection after a short amount of time. it also prevents any other net app to communicate with local or internet. in such a case i have to shutdown the machine or completly restart it (os reboot is not enough) anybody else with that issue? thanks for help

Go to top
Re: Ibrowse
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@devils_advisor

1# Make sure no other computer shares you IP address, IP address must be unique.
2# Make sure you don’t have cable loops, (cables out on port and into another on your router/switch) this results in network storms, slow down network.
3# Make sure no one is using your computer for malicious activities, wireshark or other network tools can help identify programs that send data.
4# Make sure you don’t have any Proxys installed.
if use alot pirate software, there is risk you install a bit more then you asked for.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/2/28 20:38:16
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

For right now its a very basic fresh install (in case i need to do it again)
i bought the last ibrowse app because i liked it (prefered) over any other os3 app back then. Ibrowse is not locking up the computer it just wont load any pages after a few minutes and after that no other app is able to communicate with the network. when i bought ibrowse, dont know if this is common knowledge but they give you a key for the older version (non ppc) and i used it in winuae, cant reproduce the problem there. the network stack is working with any other app normal (typing this via odyssey right now) unless i started ibrowse first. cant figure out why it doesnt like the network stack or whatever it is. Thanks for your advise

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@devils_advisor
Which machine and which network card?
Had similar problems with X-surf100 on Amy.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@devils_advisor

Machine is the Sam460ex
Network is the builtin adapter.

right now i have it to a extra switch connected and the switch itself is connected to one of these wireless adapters so the sam is connected as dhcp via cable. this is just a temp setup to narow things down without changing the network to much.

for some reason i find myself using the sam more than the x5000 these days. problem is the same on both machines. i also checked the archive for corruption.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@devils_advisor

Under the network settings, in IBrowse, try switching "Persistent connections" off. That would be the one thing I would think could cause a problem, although if it does, it is possibly a bug in the network driver.

It works fine on my A1XE. I saw a similar report of this elsewhere - will try to find it, to remember what the resolution was .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

Lord have mercy, your're spot on. That solved it as far as i can tell. Thank you so much

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@devils_advisor

It is a solution, but not the best solution . What do you have the "Max. number of connections" set to in the network preferences? This also affects the number of sockets cached for persistent connections.

You can use "shownetstatus tcpsockets" in a shell to show the currently allocated sockets. It smells like a bug in the network card driver to me, which could be falling over if there are too many connections. It could be a bug in IBrowse, but I don't see it on my A1200 with PCMCIA network card + Miami, or on my A1XE with onboard networking.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

right now everything is still stock setting (installed last weekend). if it works like this i probably leave it as is.

Go to top

Register To Post