Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

An interesting network trick
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am no network Guru. I know almost enough to get by.
But I just found a neat trick to get a bit more out of my Amiga when online.

This might be related to the network stack, or Odyssey, or any other part of the OS, but I thought I'd put it here.

As our software gets older, there are more and more troubles getting things to work. In my own case I'm using OS4, but this likely applies to all the variants too.

GMail has been difficult, then impossible to use from my Amiga. I just keep getting demands to upgrade my browser, and it refuses to connect.

Recently I changed my home network, replacing my router with a "bridge" that picks up WiFi and creates a private wired network for my home. I did this on a raspberry Pi, and it works better than I had hoped.

And now my Amiga can get into GMail without issues!

Neat trick. I suppose for others just adding a Pi bridge into your Amiga case could make your Amiga WiFi capable as well as more usable with modern services. Considering the low price of a Pi, seems a good option.

Go to top
Re: An interesting network trick
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LyleHaze

Sound like problem with your router, any way I have no issue like that, it might not be so common.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LyleHaze

I'm having no issues with my email so far using SimpleMail but your solution sounds like an easy and cheap way for people that do have issues with their email so thanks for posting

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@328gts

But I guess you do not use IMAP...?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@LyleHaze

I don't really understand why that solved your problem, but...

Quote:
I suppose for others just adding a Pi bridge into your Amiga case could make your Amiga WiFi capable as well as more usable with modern services. Considering the low price of a Pi, seems a good option.

Yes, you can connect the wired interface of a Pi to the Amiga and tell it to route traffic through the WLAN. I did this for years - it works really well, and much faster than the ancient 802.11b cards that we have drivers for.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Hi all

My problem is with YAM.

Last months between these forums and a spanish Amiga user (Jabirulo) they solved half of my accounts in YAM,so they worked.That was on an Amiga emulated on my laptop.

But now I feel bad because my 3 gmail accounts cannot send e-mail yes receive.

Could be a problem of unknown nature for me but can anybody help me?

I posted this before on October 2021.

And believe me that is very annoying to just open YAM every time I do and cannot send e.mails.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Are you using gmail or a google workspace / google corporate account?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

No only gmail.

And I plan to add a yahoo account maybe more gmail too

Go to top

Register To Post