Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cant boot my X5000
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have big problem with booting my X5000 after replacing my cpu fan with a better one. It booted twice after that with 54c in temperature.

Now i just get a black screen with no text except "No signal". Its just black. Everything sounds like its starting but the screen is still black. Can i have fucked up the CPU? What happens if the uboot file is damaged?

I appreciate all help i can get. I m waiting for another Radeon card RX560. The one i have now is a Radeon HD7700.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Re: Cant boot my X5000
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
Quote:

Can i have fucked up the CPU? What happens if the uboot file is damaged?

Sure not. If the x5k processor overheats, then x5000 simply turns off (i learn that when plays with temperature dockies and different fans). But then, you can power on it again and it will work.

And that is just only in case if your CPU FAN stops working (and be sure you connect it directly to PSU as I point out everywhere, when connecting to the motherboard, those Noctua fans can sometimes not starting up on the boot).

Next, if all fine, you only can go the usual way: serial debugging, attaching the serial cable to another computer, and see when / how it stops.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Its connected to the PSU as you mentioned in the video. I have had problems with black screen before with Radeon HD7700. I hope i get the other card asap.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I got some good advice from Skateman.

>>Unplug the powercord of the PSU
>>Then push the powerbutton.
>>Then plug the powercord back in and try to turn it on.

This solution didnt work.

>> Remove and reset memory from motherboard.

When i did this i got my x5000 to boot again. Maybe there is something wrong with the ram memory?

A big thanks to Skateman

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Quote:
>> Remove and reset memory from motherboard.

When i did this i got my x5000 to boot again. Maybe there is something wrong with the ram memory?
Probably not. It most likely just needed a bit of cleaning of the contacts of the RAM boards and/or the sockets, which you provided when you pulled them out and re-inserted them.

For a more thorough effort, you might want to pull them out again and clean the contact surface with a swab with iso or something. And if you can manage, also the sockets. But make sure everything is dry/evaporated before re-inserting and firing up again.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post