Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Yahoo mail with YAM (Solved)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've been trying to get my Yahoo emails with YAM using the Yahoo POP3 server and am unable to succeed. I'm using YAM 2.10-dev which has updated SSL support and have made what I think are the correct POP server settings in YAM. Here is the error I get when attempting to get messages from Yahoo (with my Yahoo username changed to 'myaccount'):

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bad response from mail server
'pop.mail.yahoo.com' of account
'myaccount@yahoo.com' to command 'PASS':

The mail server couldn't execute the
command and replied with the above error
message.
------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone who is getting Yahoo mail with YAM through the Yahoo POP3 server. I would appreciate any help.

Edited by xenic on 2019/1/5 20:02:35
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: Yahoo mail with YAM
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I have that working using the settings below.
Description myself@yahoo@pop.mail.yahoo.com
Port 995
Connection Security SSL/TSL
Authentication Plain Password
Username myself
Password

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

can't remember exactly where, but I remember I also had to change yahoo's settings and disable secure password (or enable plain password) and then set up the way TiredOfLife explained.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1
I had the same problem with getting emails from the GMail POP3 server but have found the problem in both cases. I had to go to account security settings at Yahoo and GMail and activate: "Allow apps that use less secure sign in".

I don't know if Yahoo & Google detect something unsecure in the way YAM accesses POP3 servers or if they just consider any application they are not familiar with as unsecure. lf YAM isn't doing anything wrong then maybe the YAM devs need to add a configurable spoofing mode to YAM.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: Yahoo mail with YAM (Solved)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there a known issue with yahoo and "other" mailers?
When I press send, an error pops up about connections problems to smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I`ve YAM 2.10-dev, AmiSSL 4.8 and no settings changed to yahoo & YAM, last mail successfully sent on February.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cass

My yahoo account stopped working suddenly too by the end of February on my phone email client. No changes made by me in the client or yahoo account either.

I solved it after some days creating an app password in yahoo for the email client. No problem since then. Maybe that helps you too with Yam.

PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.17
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Any system that uses the standards based way of logging in, rather than the platform's proprietary login system, is considered insecure. Because it can't then be integrated with modern 2FA methods.

Go to top

Register To Post