Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

E-UAE locking up constantly
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, I have an X5000 with OS4.1. When I run any flavor of E-UAE, if I try Installing software from within the emulated environment, it locks up when it starts writing files to disk.

It seems like any disk write locks up, in fact. I even notice that when I try editing a text file with ed, it won’t lock up, but it has trouble allowing me to save changes.

I’ve been trying to install an emulated os3.9. I installed it to a directory from OS4.1 because it kept locking up in UAE. But now I’m stuck trying to install boing bags. P96 was tough, too, and had to be installed from within OS4.1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Go to top
Re: E-UAE locking up constantly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi cloverskull,
I do not own an X5000 (unfortunately)
Here is a link with a guide to which I referred, as well as all the advice received here on the forum.
https://amigax5000.blog/2017/08/27/a-f ... assic-mode-optimisations/

In my small using the emulation I installed picassoIV directly, using the "Picasso96 2.1.e" version
But I used the 3.1 did not create me any problem within UAE-SDL

I hope the guide is useful for you.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi white,

Thanks! In fact that was the guide I was using as well, but unfortunately I am still having issues with all versions of UAE that I try :(

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cloverskull
E-UAE's support for mounting the host's filing system is known to be a bit buggy.

I suggest creating & mounting a virtual hard disk partition, which you then format & use from inside E-UAE. Should be faster & much more reliable.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH,

Thanks! That fixes the issue. Bummer E-UAE isn't better at handling this, but I think I can make things work well enough with a hardfile.

Go to top

Register To Post