Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hot key not working right
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I trust the fix will be obvious to everyone but me.

I've been using a Dopus5 hotkey, Shift^Ctrl^O, to launch Odyssey. The other day, I replaced the Odyssey I had been using with the latest updated version I found in the "Odyssey 1.23 progress" forum.

Now when I do the hot key, I get an Execute alert asking for arguments. I just Enter/Return, and Odyssey comes up fine, but my Dopus screen gets another alert, "Directory Opus Output," with the content "Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file."

How come?

Go to top
Re: Hot key not working right
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

I don't think it's a Dopus5 problem. If you have a Hotkey set to execute a program with AmigaDOS, Dopus5 can open a console window to report any errors issued by the program that was started; depending on the settings in the Dopus5 command editor. The font error you are getting is from Odyssey.

I tested using a Dopus5 Hotkey to start the latest version of Odyssey (from the forums) and it works fine here.

P.S. When reporting a problem with Dopus5 (or any program), you should state what version you are using. There are 2 releases of Dopus5 and overnight compiles so there is no way of knowing what version you are using.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic
Thanks for setting me straight.

I just found out that the problem was that the new Odyssey had Tool types: set to CLI for some reason. I erased that and it works as it should.

Now I need to replace that ugly screwdriver icon. I think that should be easy.

By the way, I'll remember henceforth to identify myself as a DOpus5.91 Magellan II user.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Considering you have a screwdriver icon I can say what happened...

You downloaded the archive and extracted to ram:

deficons added an icon to the file in ram:

When you copied it to your existing installation you probably clicked replace all when the requester popped up which copied the default tool icons deficons had supplied.

Btw. In Dopus5 filetypes you can assign a default icon to each type, if you do that you no longer need to run deficons.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin
I bet that is what happened, more or less.

Until I ruined my hard drive last summer, I was starting to get adept at DOpus5, but now I have to get back to the manual and start over.

Go to top

Register To Post