Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

VooDoo, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SketchBlock Screenshot showing new palette feature.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Resized Image

View on my website at high res.

This is a snapshot of SketchBlock 2.5 setup to show the new palettes feature.

The main window conatins the active sketch with the refrence in a small sketch window top right.

Notice the trick of pushing the layers window down partially ofscreen when the brushes aren't needed so as to easilty reveal the palette gadgets.

Go to top
Re: SketchBlock Screenshot showing new palette feature.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks for the update and for your work! Really appreciated!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Looks good Andy, thanks.

I really like the reference window. Would it be possible to add a colour picker option that lets you touch the refernce picture to automatically select the colour for drawing?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

The reference window is just a normal sketchwindow with the reference image loaded into it.

Therefore you can allready pickcolours from it by pressing control when in the paint tool.

By the way an important trick when using an overlapping reference is to turn of ClickToFront id you use it!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
BTW when I've setup the key shortcuts so that CTRL-A adds the current forground colour to the palette.

THis means with a referenrce setup as above, you can use the CTRL LEFTMOUSE / tablet click to pick a colour then easily add it to your palette with a single finger movement.

Once in the palette you can pick up the colour without losing focu on the window you are painting in.

Once the painting is more advanced you'll probably just want to pick colours from the painting istself (CTRL CLICK as before) so can close the palette window to keep it out of the way. Screen space is everything when painting as you want the image you are working as large as possible IMHO.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice work.
Sketchblock will soon be the top first application on OS4 (now that Hollywood is out of the game, not being on sale )

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Cool ! Btw, maybe its about time to split brushes and layers windowses ?

@Elwood
Quote:

now that Hollywood is out of the game, not being on sale

Are you not mistaken ? Hollywood as totally different beast, its just hi-level programming language kind of basic, while sketchblock is paint app (done on C as well). They both have nothing common between, only that there was some hollywood based painter by Mazze called HollyPaint, but even in that case you cant compare hollywood with sketchblock :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I don't compare both apps. It's just that Hollywood is not available anymore. So "right now" Sketchblock better represents the Amigans know-how

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood

Thanks, I kow what you mean

@Kas1e

I think the window structure is fine for the moment, it doesn't suit everybody, but there are as mainy comments about too many windows as about too few. In the very long term I plan to allow defineing you own windows, but that's away off yet as it's not a trivial to implement such a thing. I'm developing ideas on how to do that as I go.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

+1

@broadblues

Quote:
... there are as mainy comments about too many window...

Thats me
What about placing it on an additional tab?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Lol see my reply to kas1e

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

I see, additional windows but user-defined, no tabs...

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2

Tabs are not completly out of the question, but I want to work on keeping the GUI as simple as posible (whilst retaining as much functionailty as needed). I'm a fan of GIMP for example, but I hate the "tabs hell" that some of it's windows turn into.

Once I get this (still mostly hypophetical) user defined GUI working, the user might decide to have just one window and loads of tabs or two windows or 1 window per functional block.

Currently though I'm working on drawing / painting functionality rathe than GUI refinement.

@Thread

BTW as well as the new palettes, I added a 'posterise' filter that will replace the colours in the image with the closest colour from the current palette.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Good luck with keeping it simple while adding more and more features. It won't be an easy task I'd like to hear some feedback from advanced user/artist. What they think about SB GUI.

Quote:
Currently though I'm working on drawing / painting functionality rathe than GUI refinement.

Thats very good

Go to top

Register To Post