Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 158

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

iPhone on Amiga OS 4.1.5
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Was wondering if it's possible to transfer files from an iPhone to Amiga OS 4.1.5?

When I connect my iPhone to my SAM460 USB tells me it's an Apple product and an iPhone so recognises it correctly and then get a 'Picture Transfer Protocol' window open with message

"Failed to open session
-> Invalid parameter"

So was thinking if it possible to write software that can connnect and read files on iPhone?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: iPhone on Amiga OS 4.1.5
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Can't the iPhone be configured as a mass storage device ?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well, I think classic iPods have the ability to be used as a mass storage device, but that doesn't work for transferring music (i.e., the files you put on the iPod this way aren't added to the library), but I always though iPhones show up as a camera instead. The only way to get your files on and off is to use iTunes (or a compatible application, there are several for Linux).

Of course, if you jailbreak it, you can probably put an FTP server on it and just use that...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I can say with my new Samsung S3 i cant use masstorage anymore. It worked with Samsung S2, it was hidden in a menu but worked. On SG3 theres no support anymore. No more UMS in other words. PTP/MTP doenst work. I get error message.

So either Samsung or Google is removing support for UMS (masstorage). It worked on S2 as said. So i cant transfer files the easy way. I think they are removing support for it as it can cause corrupted filesystem. PTP/MTP is more safe as it sends file device'way instead of blocks. Im no tech guy but something like that. Im for that if it means safer. But the boring thing PTP/MTP dont work with it. I dont know for other devices like HTC and others running same version of android.

PTP works ofcourse with camera's like Canon Ixus etc.

So for me i have to install FTP and use it that way with amiga. On Win7 works as normal so theres no problem.

Im running x1000.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good thing I got lucky and have USB storage alongside PTP and MTP options

I need to learn driver development anyway

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-M (or go to Exchange then Show "USB MassStorage") to get USB settings program. I don't know what it shows for PTP devicess, but maybe there is an option to force it to mount it as USB mass-storage (perhaps as FAT)?

BTW, one reason I avoided iPhone/iPod/etc is that Apple wants to force you to use iTunes for everything, which is no good for Amiga users. Also, they won't let you use memory cards (which is another alternative to USB mounting). Get an Android phone next time ;-p

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@sicky
Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-M (or go to Exchange then Show "USB MassStorage") to get USB settings program. I don't know what it shows for PTP devicess, but maybe there is an option to force it to mount it as USB mass-storage (perhaps as FAT)?

BTW, one reason I avoided iPhone/iPod/etc is that Apple wants to force you to use iTunes for everything, which is no good for Amiga users. Also, they won't let you use memory cards (which is another alternative to USB mounting). Get an Android phone next time ;-p

Actually my first one is a Motorola Bravo. No problems setting it to mass-storage and having it show up in DOpus.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ ChrisH

Quote:

When I do that I get a window 'USB MassStorages: Hotkey = <control alt m>

Within this window I get:

Name IO DOS Name Filesystem Media Size Device

Ultra HS-COMBO - No medium present - -

At bottom of window have two active buttons, 'Mount' and 'Dismount'

Two inactive buttons 'Filesystem' and 'Format'

When I click on 'Mount' nothing happens!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top

Register To Post