Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New little commoditie (can be usable)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I upload on os4depot first version of my old commoditie from os3.x, which just emulate few win32 hotkeys and actions:

atl+f4 - close current window/app (by emulating of close gadget by input.device).

alt+tab - switch beetwen windowses and make every new active/brintofront. (if you use amidock, then you should have in Layout/Placement: Normal or Always on TOP, not always in background).

alt+shift+tab - swith beetwen screens.

You can run it as well from shell just a it : then you can ctrl+c it or you can run it to backgorund by run >NIL: or &

Test it plz, and if question/problems will occur write here. Also maybe some of you will be in interest to have more hotkeys added to it. I.e. feel free to discuss that crap :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: New little commoditie (can be usable)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Thank you!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

So I gather OS4.1 doesn't have a hotkey for switching between applications yet? :OOOO

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Nope :) Still nothing like atl+tab or kind. For closing the windowses and for switch beetwen screens FKEY can be used, but for swithting beetwen windowses - nothing by default.

On os4depot there is 2 more utilityes which trying to use that alt+tab feature, but i dont like them much. My one without any graphics/thumbs, just fast switching.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I thought by now there would be something in place.

I remember using an alt+tab 'commodity' on AmigaOS 3.x back in what 1996. :o

I hope the next OS release features this and much more basic functionality. *fingers crossed*

I am a bit of keyboard shortcut key freak - I need as many possible. :D

OT: But I'd love ART to do a Sunday with Ben from Hyperion. We have heard so much from A-Eon this year, but so very little about Hyperion and the OS itself.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

:) That old song about making WB better, but we can only hope, or do those sucking little commodities which will help a bit :)

Imho Hyperion developers can add to FKEY one more options like "swith beetwen windowses", and add the same code as i do. So, users can set any key-combo for that, and while it will be not eye-candy, it will works (better than nothing).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Cool, ALT+TAB is very very usefull, i use often on Windows

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79, djrikky

There is also one more alt+tab swither, called WindowThumbs. Its can handler alt+tab too, also can works as commoditie, but not only swith beetwen windowses as my one, but spawn a graphical line, with thumbs. Pretty good one, but not reactive fast in some place (expectually when you choice SCALE options), for better thumbs look.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes there is also the nice Alt Tab Switcher from Jahc but to be honest i prefer yours, it's tiny but quick usable, just what i need for my daily use ...

It's sad that somethings similar isn't availible by default

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79, djrikky
Btw, i made a little video of "windowthumbs" in action. Maybe some other that-topic-readers will in interest about one more solution. But because of some "eye-candy" it take a time to spawn, swith (you need to detect which window you want and where is it), while in compare with my one you just swith it fast without any info,and you can do your work faster. But that is matter of tasty

Video of "windowthumbs" here (youtube).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Very nice, it is quite close to the Jahc proggy

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I thought FKey can also cycle the windows back and forward..

just tested; yes, it cycles the windows backwards, but the forward cycling is listed but does not work. Looks like I found a bug again which I had forgot about...

Go to top

Register To Post