Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New getvideo v.26 available on Aminet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just a heads up that there is a new version of getvideo v.26 available on aminet.
Get it Here!

Changes are as follows:
* 0.26 [2010-06-16]
+ add support for youtube 1080p (fmt=37) format
+ fixed support for
- ard
- dailymotion
- vox
- rtl
+ add support for
- foxbusiness

Go to top
Re: New getvideo v.26 available on Aminet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks for your continued hard work with GetVideo. Much appreciated.

ace

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
I've only recently installed GetVideo, but it seems to work very nicely in conjunction with ClipDown & MPlayer

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

acefnq wrote:
@ktadd
Thanks for your continued hard work with GetVideo. Much appreciated.
ace

Hold on. I can't take credit for getvideo. I just saw a new version available on aminet and hadn't seen it annouced. Juergen Lucas is the one you should be thanking. His email address can be found on Aminet on the getvideo download page. Please pass your thanks onto him.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@ktadd
I've only recently installed GetVideo, but it seems to work very nicely in conjunction with ClipDown & MPlayer

ClipDown I can take credit for but it wouldn't be possible without the find work of others.

As acknowledged in the ClipDown documentation:

Thanks also to Bjorn Hagstrom for porting 'wget' to OS4!
Thanks to Andrea Palmate for the OS4 MPlayer port.
Thanks to Juergen Lucas for the getvideo Arexx scripts.
getvideo ? 2009 Juergen Lucas

and of course thanks to the OS4 developers!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the info about new getvideo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Ah yes, my mistake. Mixed it up with Clipdown.

ace

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Updated now, this is a great work

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Downloaded getVideo and managing to pull videos from YouTube fine using the comand

getVideo "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xukdgNMPyXY" save RAM:

but I get a requester go up asking where wget: is assgined? What's this all about? Read in docs that you need wget installed but seems to be downloading videos fine without it?

Anyone know a nicer way of starting getVideo other than using shell? Using OWB on OS4.1, is there a way to configure an icon in amidock for drag and drop downloading or maybe click and a requester for URL pops up?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daniel

you can combine it with ClipDown, an utility to use getvideo to play videodirectly without downloading using Mplayer..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Daniel wrote:
but I get a requester go up asking where wget: is assgined? What's this all about? Read in docs that you need wget installed but seems to be downloading videos fine without it?

If you use the getvideo.cfg file you can use it to tell getvideo where to find wget, or just put wget in the C: directory.

Quote:

Anyone know a nicer way of starting getVideo other than using shell? Using OWB on OS4.1, is there a way to configure an icon in amidock for drag and drop downloading or maybe click and a requester for URL pops up?

As mentioned, use ClipDown. With it you can copy the URL to the clipboard then just click on the ClipDown button to download or view the files. It also has the ability view graphic links, play audio files and more. See the video's located HERE to see how to set it up and what it can do. The video's are direct links so you don't need getvideo to view them.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

@ktadd

Thanks for advice, will have to try clipdown and install wget when OS4 back up and running (currently installing Debian which is taking an age).

Still unclear why wget is needed though as does what was expected (downloads the videos) without. getVideo is very handy, good to be able to watch Youtube videos without resorting to the netbook.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Daniel wrote:
@ktadd
Still unclear why wget is needed though as does what was expected (downloads the videos) without.

Did you modify the getvideo.cfg file? If you un-comment the right line it will use mplayer to download the videos instead of wget.

Quote:
getVideo is very handy, good to be able to watch Youtube videos without resorting to the netbook.

Agreed, getvideo is a nice piece of work!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Can DvPlayer (full version) play .mp4 files from youtube? Trying to decide if it's worth paying for the registration.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Daniel wrote:
Can DvPlayer (full version) play .mp4 files from youtube? Trying to decide if it's worth paying for the registration.

Unfortunatly even the registered version of DVPlayer can't play mp4 or flv files currently. Still worth registering though as it will encourage further work to get those formats supported. It's also a very nice video player as is.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

MPlayer can play Mp4 files,that is no problem.Dvplayer can't play at this time no Mp4 files.Maybe in the future

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post