Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 160

smarkusg, balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Pinball games on OS4.1 ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
felt likem playing a good old pinball game on my Samflex running OS4.1 but coul'nt find one...there must be at least one out there ..no

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Re: Pinball games on OS4.1 ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Not that i know of. Not sure if you can find any on the depot. Come to think og pinball dreams etc,but i don't think that they work on 4.x.. But please prove me wrong.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Wonder if theres any good pinball games that spotup or any other can port to os4 from the linux world ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ya sad really when our classic Miggys had the damn best one's back in the day!..any way hopefully I can get Chris's RunUnUAE working on my Sam & can play some of the classics (at least the ECS/OCS ones)

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

I've run Pinball illusions, Pinball Fantasy, and Pinball Dreams under EUAE
on OS4.1 and they work well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

ya I tried E-UAE but its bloody slow as molossas on my Sam..tried fiddling with the settings but it seems to be just a headache to get going for each individual game..and then when you finally get one game working & it messes up a few others that were working ok before....others on this board have had great success with E-UAE on slower Sams then mine but I just can't figure it out

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

OK, which game would you like to play? I'll set something up and PM you.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

mainly Deluxe Galaga AGA and Pinball Fantasies/Pinball Illusions AGA

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

hey many thanks Mick..Pinball Fantasies now runs better now on my Samflex than on my 500

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Really? I have a sam-flex 800mhz, and what I sent you has framerate and audio stuttering here.

I did put the framerate skip at "3", but an A500 certainly runs the game better than on the sam.

You can't honestly say it runs better than an A500? :-/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The best amiga's pinball of all the times, it's SlamTilt Pinball. Did it works with E-UAE ?

But anyway, our uae are too slow and buggy :( For example, i am in interest to have "filtered" 640x480 mode , which centered well, with HW accelerated rendering, and plays without suttering of sounds in AGA games. Well, half of WinUAE will be good :)

Sadly that we have none of free skilled developers for now, who can polished UAE a lot and add new features. Even bounty will not helps :(

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

It's called puae.. Sign up to the uae freelists ml.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

SlamTilt sure is the best and yes it works great in E-UAE but as with most AGA games it wouldn't hurt if it was a bit faster (JIT-emulation)... however it's playable AFAICR on my A1 G4 XE 800MHz...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hotrod

Yes, works fine on my peg2, but again, the same suttering of audio. The same for KidChaos and all other AGA games -> gfx speed are ok, but sounds sometime slowdowns. And that feels not like CPU problem, but maybe code/emulation one in UAE itself ?

Also today that 320x256 resolutions are suck .. Filtered mode with HW accelearion rendering will be much-much better today :)

ps. noticed strange bug while plays in it, check the screenshot:

Resized Image

I did't have right part of mechanism (dunno how it in english, white one, which you use when slap on ball). When game starts, both are "black" and like not present at all, when i press left alt , then left are redraws, but right one are not :)

Edit: collision_level=sprites fix the problem (before was "playfields")

Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/27 12:55:20
Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/27 13:29:00
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:

MickJT wrote:
@328gts

Really? I have a sam-flex 800mhz, and what I sent you has framerate and audio stuttering here.

I did put the framerate skip at "3", but an A500 certainly runs the game better than on the sam.

You can't honestly say it runs better than an A500? :-/

yes honestly the game flies ! it's actually abit too fast compared to my 500!..I can't keep track of the pinball on the screen sometimes ..maybe its becuase I don't have sound at the moment as I'm awaiting the arrival of a new M-Audio card for my Sam??
How do i check fps for it?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@328gts

Thanks for this thread... I wasted 3 hours last night playing pinball fantasies after reading it. And 40 Mins of that was spent staring at the intro "spinning donuts" screen and listening to the music.

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

It shouldn't fly. It should be a bit slow actually. That's just double-clicking on the icon to run the game. I assume you did the same?

I haven't tried it with sound disabled. The cpu speed is "real". It shouldn't be fast.

Edit: Perhaps something is wrong with your hardware? It just shouldn't do that. What speed is your sam flex?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I haven't seen that issue before so can't help you. Like you wrote about the sound stuttering that's exactly the same issue that I have with most/all AGA-games. I believe that I've seen the same issue on slower pcs with winuae if JIT wasn't enabled but with JIT turned on it went away.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hotrod

Btw, i checked also SDL version (public one), and that works the same by speed (For me), but works better: i.e. window mode works fine (ctrl+atl+s key kombo works for switch beetwen), file reqester (when you choice the images for floppy) are system friendly (before it was ugly requester by look), and so on.

Sadly that no one work on EUAE anymore .. And not "someone", but who skilled enough :)

Yesterday i manage to run many games, but for example, Lion Heart have a nasty bug like "blitter-redrawing bug" every 3-4 seconds.. Did you manage to play in it ?

----At moment i can play in that games without problems:

slam tilt (some time a bit slow. when heavy animation at top of screen)

super frog (fast always)

lion heart (redrawing bug, but fast, etc)

kid chaos (menu sometime slow by sound, but game itself very playable)

ruff&thumble (very fast, very playable)

stardust (fast, playable, but something wrong with "centered" of different screens).

-----Games which i can't run at moment:

agony (halt on the game screen)

aladdin (red window at the begining)

lion king (ask for insert disk, and then nothing)

super stardust

brian the lion (give you menu for choice language, then logo, then again menu for language, and the same by loop all the time).

chaos engine 1,2
cannod fodder 1,2

Maybe anyone have configs for make these games works ?

Also i am in interest about demos. I only manage to run normally "Technological Death" (but the end part give the red window).

9fingers, state of the art - only start screens and nothing more. ARTE - slow and sutteretnig by sounds.

Will try all of this more, and in end, will create a topic with working stuff, configs for every game, and a little videos to show the speed/look/etc.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

hmm well the game isnt lighning unolaybale fast but I do notice that the speed of the ball when hit is quicker then when I play on my 500..scrolling etc seems fine it's just the quickness of the ball itself which is noticebale?? I don't know as I really did'nt fiddle with your config at all?? I start it from my AmiDock and voila it's full screen and plays nicley with no sound. My system has no sound right now because it's not set up properly as I'm waiting for a new sound card to arrive. I'll try messing with other games to see how they get on..
btw, I also have a Sam flex @800 with 1GB Ram and Radeon 9250 with 128MB Ram

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »