Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 61

kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Gngeo not working -SOLVED-
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Everyone,

I tryed the Gngeo emulator on my Sam Flex, after downloading both the emulator and the gui from OS4Depot I unpacked both. At this point I moved the contents of the gui folder to the Gngeo folder, created a ROMS folder copied there a couple of games (each one is zipped, same name as the romrc folder) and double clicked the gui just to find myself in front of this error message:

Error::Cannot create obj[OID_WindowObject1]

Where did I go wrong? -__-

***SOLVED*** thanks to Huno's link at post 10 below.

Note to interested parties: the file in that link misses the Bios, the emulator binary and of course games, so remember to provide such files.

Edited by DAX on 2009/12/10 11:02:26
Edited by DAX on 2009/12/10 12:46:37
Go to top
Re: Gngeo not working
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX

BIOS missing ?
did you try from the shell ?
did you try the debug version of the GUI ?

bug reports to be sent to Huno as written in the readme !

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lio
yes I tried both versions (same error message).
I have various bios roms, but the read me file does not say where he wants them or what name should they have (I placed them in the the Gngeo drawer and also made a copy in the ROMS drawer just in case).
Judging by what it says, It wouldn't seem to be an error generated by the missing bios though

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX
Hello
create a dir:
bios
roms
save
under bios copy unibios 2.3 or original bios of neogeo unibios working correctly
Start a gui and configure unibios 320 fullscreen filtre 2*75
Not copy bios on roms directory
Testing and repport here your evolution please
By hunoppc
PS: delete your hold prefs of gui on prefs/env and reboot before a new parameter

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HunoPPC

For the next release is it possible to include that blank directories as default ?

GnGEO isn't too easy to configure for the first time, maybe a good idea would be include also the GUI on the main archive

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@HunoPPC
Thanks for the assistance. I followed your instructions (even downloaded unibios 2.3 to make sure we use the same files) but the gui just wont start.
As soon as I double click it it says:Error::Cannot create obj[OID_WindowObject1]

Would it be possible that I am missing some required lib?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX
Your super Hunoooooooooo
Go to my site in this thread:
http://www.clubevolution4.com/HunoPor ... d=25&start=0#forumpost164
And download please my archive: NEOGUI
In this archive: my folders empty and thrumbs of my games.
Copy your roms on my roms dir and copy your bios on my dir bios and run gui, configure your choice (i suggest a filter 2x75 and fullscreen + 320)
And enjoyyyyyyyyyyy
PS: on the new archive, the folders empty are pr?sent ;o)
Thanks for your aid
By
HunoPPC

Your error:says:Error::Cannot create obj[OID_WindowObject1]
is your data folder are not pr?sent or you images on this folder ;o)

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@HunoPPC
Thanks for the link. it leads me to a thread about Gngeo on your site, I can't seem to find the download link there however

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HunoPPC

Dax are right, you need restructured site somehow for better usage. I am also come to your site some times, and found nothing except the forum :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX

Here:
HunoNeoGui:NEOGUIhuno
Thanks
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Suggestions please for better usage ???
And my gui of Gngeo is on a forum at the page 4 of thread gngeo :0) english and french version
Thanks
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HunoPPC

Suggestions:

Just make the "Download" button at the main page. Just to all ppls, who just come to site first time, and want to download something. For now, it looks like that: anyone come to site, and see no downloads. Then he try to switch to english/etc. And see still only forum. If user not annoing already by that stranges, he try to read forum (first page usually of course), and can found only "talks" about.

No one of course will browse all the thread, post by post, just for founding download link. Download links must be on the main page (well, "must" i mean for user-friednly, of course it's all matter of taste, but i , and many other ppls, when come to any site for download somethink, and can't see on main page it - just close the site and think "Boring" ).

So (imho), you better just add on the main page, one more button "download", anyone press on it, and just have "list" of files and maybe little description. And everyone will download all what they want, without reading of forum, without swithing to english or to french, and without understanding where is that magic link :)

(that all in positive way of course, just to make your work more interesting and easy to use/found for other ppls).

ps. Example of the very "user-friendly" site, related to amiga programming it's a Salas00's site (http://www.a500.org/). You just come , and see on main page "downloads". Then press on it and choice all what you need and download. Imho that is not so "fancy", but very usable.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Huno

Yep ! I see that you add Download on the main page for now, looks good and easy to find :)

ps. You need to put there all your works, for moment i can see only 1941, but as we all know there is other interesting games/progs done by you :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@HunoPPC
Thanks! now it works (using the pre-configured folder I downloaded from your link).
As kas1e said it is unlikely that people will read through the entire thread to find a link so if you could put all your works in the Download section it would be fantastic.

Anyway, I created a 320x224 res (in devs/monitor) and play full screen with "Screen320" and no filters.

FPS count is a steady 60FPS in the two games I tryed (Fatal Fury 2 and Blue's Journey) but the sound is slow.

I tried several settings and a I settled for 32Khz with the z80 at +50%. In Blue's Journey while the intro is still a tad slow, it is almost perfect during gameplay.
At 44Khz the soud is faster but rather jumpy, while at 22Khz no setting generated acceptable sound.

With 32Khz +Z80 50% I am pretty satisfied, please let me know If I am missing something...

And thanks again for the Help!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Huno

UPDATE on Sound Issue: I had already noticed that the sound issue described above did not affect digitized sound FX and speech, but trying some more games I noticed it also does not affect soundtracks that are completely digitized.

Point in case the ultra demanding game Blazing Stars, run exactly the same (both graphics and sound) as it does on my powerful Windows Rig!! (way to go little Sam! ).

I also noticed the same in Fatal Fury 3.

Mind you, with the above sound settings even other games soundtracks are fine (I also tryed Cyber Lip and Captain Tomaday and they seem quite fine sound wise) but it puzzles me how such a demanding game as Blazing Stars, actually runs better (sound wise, as graphics is always perfect at 60FPS in every game I tryed) than less demanding games O_o

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Big thanks for your tips ;o)
I have added my ports ended on the download in the index page
My other ports are not in this public download there because it is a private download for betatest so it's normal that you do not see it, by cons if you're interested you can subscribe to the betatests and help me in my work.

@DAX
The engine sound not completely emulate the DSP because it lacks optimization, but it may later add the MAME.
Then we play some really been optimized by their creators so that is why some game runs faster, that Blazing Stars & up that cyber lip and game developers had too much change.
And pepona to optimize their favorite games ;o)
By
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@HunoPPC
I have seen there are non neo geo games in the bld folder (such as Capcom CPS games), will they be emulated too?

What about the Mame thing I read on your site (using an older and faster version I seem to understand)?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DAX

No for capcom emulation on gngeo
The version of mame faster is not completed and it's not my priority
I have all project on the final version and fix the actual port
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@HunoPPC
Anyway, Keep up the great work, this gngeo ROCKS!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi boyz,

I upload a new GnGeo archive containing all folders, bios, image files (from Huno's archive), latest GUI (51.3) and one game (Breakers Revenge)

It is an all-in-one package just for people (like me) that have always configuration problems

To start it just double click on NeoGUI bin

P.S.
There are also an italian translation for the italian community, hope you like

http://www.qimmagine.it/owb/GnGeo_0.7_Full.lha.rar

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »