Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 227

flash, emeck, VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Amiga hires Jamie
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
http://www.amiga.com/news/?art=33&PHP ... 59aa3fb401e70602e21cdc9a0

I like this news. Of course, we don't know what you'll be doing, but he always came across like a decent fellow.

Remember an interview with him in Total Amiga (miss that!!!) that impressed me a lot.

Hopefully, he'll do some good at Amiga!

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: Amiga hires Jamie
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

Unfortunatley, I think this is bad news for any further development of AVD, and any future developments for OS4 by Jamie.
But!! I am willing to be proved wrong.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I don't know it this is a good or bad news.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This changes nothing at all, AVD is still dead in the waters and can only be developed in the spare time.

And I can't see why AInc made a press release about hiring a programmer.. unless they had no one to begin with.. for then they can start saying its now moving in the rigth direction and we can await a new relase in about 50 years.

To be honest it is a press release for the sake of a press relase, means nothing.

RWO

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rwo

Quote:

rwo wrote:
And I can't see why AInc made a press release about hiring a programmer.. unless they had no one to begin with.. for then they can start saying its now moving in the rigth direction and we can await a new relase in about 50 years.

Well, I can see a reason for this press release. Jamie has released OS4 programs and a lot of people within the OS4 community respect him. This adds some credibility to A. Inc. that they've hired someone who's coding ability we trust.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Indeed. They want us to know that they have hired Jamie because they believe him to be well respected. And in my book - he is...

However, we really don't know what you'll be doing, so...

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
ACK has ceased any life sign shortly after he popped up on the same news page...

Good luck Jamie!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sounds to me like they are trying to rebuild a burnt bridge.

Trouble is...

The foundations are dodgy.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast
"..The foundations are dodgy."

But Amiga Inc releasing the completed AVD could be the new foundation!?

I don't know whether this is good news but I can't see it being bad in anyway.

AVD _IS_ AFAIK a sparetime project it might still be or it might be that Amiga Inc wants to take it under their wings. If they do the latter and get it finished, it means they are actually showing some interest in OS4 (maybe because there is no OS5 ;)

Will be exiting to see what Jamie is up to, I think he's a clever guy who wouldn't go with A.inc unless they have showed him something concrete.

Edited by Troels on 2008/1/29 19:34:26
Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Quote:

Troels wrote:
AVD was AFAIK a sparetime project it might still be or it might be that Amiga Inc wants to take it under their wings. If they do the latter and get it finished, it means they are actually showing some interest in OS4 (maybe because there is no OS5 ;)

It started out as a full-time project, but eventually he needed to do other work in order to eat.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans
"It started out as a full-time project, but eventually he needed to do other work in order to eat. "

I know it's just my English, sometimes it all goes bit to fast

Anyway, I think it's interesting that Amiga adds someone with OS4 experience to their team (whatever their team is).

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Good luck Jamie, I hope you don't get burned.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
There have been many stories throughout the years of coders being hired, their projects raped and pillaged, and the coders end up with nothing. Paul Nolan was a typical example of good coders that ended up being owed a load of money through direct dealings with Amiga and it's associates. Lets hope Jamie doesn't end up in the Amiga history books for the wrong reason....

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
Amiga Inc releasing the completed AVD could be the new foundation!?

I don't know whether this is good news but I can't see it being bad in anyway.

AVD _IS_ AFAIK a sparetime project it might still be or it might be that Amiga Inc wants to take it under their wings. If they do the latter and get it finished, it means they are actually showing some interest in OS4 (maybe because there is no OS5 ;)

Will be exiting to see what Jamie is up to, I think he's a clever guy who wouldn't go with A.inc unless they have showed him something concrete.

If Jamie uses any of the AVD code in an Amiga INC project, while he is an employee, then that code belongs to AInc, and cannot be used in any other project. Thats why Drawstudio cannot be released under GPL. So to me, this looks like goodbye AVD.

Edited by Swoop on 2008/1/30 7:58:31
Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Hello everyone, I have just posted the following on my website
and thought I should post it here as well:

"Today Amiga Inc. publicly announced my decision to officially join forces with them,
and come on board as a full time employee. I am confident that working directly with
Amiga, and helping to reach our mutual goals, is the best way I can support the Amiga
Community at this time.

I know there are questions and concerns about how this impacts the AVD and FreeAVD
project. Please let me assure you that if I did not believe this to be a positive move toward
the completion and delivery of AVD, I would not have made it. Equally, if for any reason
completed software can NOT be delivered to anyone who has already made an advance
purchase, I will personally see that 100% of all collected funds are returned in full.
This project has always been open, honest, and above board; with the sole aim of helping
to bring more developers, and hence more software, to the Amiga platform.

I foresee great things for the future of the Amiga platform, and as always I greatly
appreciate your support."

Best Regards,

Jamie Krueger

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@JamieKrueger

wow dident expect to get my fonds back, thank you.

PS: can you gives us a clue on what you are supose to do (code on?) at AInc?

RWO

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

rwo wrote:
@JamieKrueger

wow dident expect to get my fonds back, thank you.

PS: can you gives us a clue on what you are supose to do (code on?) at AInc?

RWO

Yes, can you give us a hint?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JamieKrueger

I wish you well. Too many Coders have been on the bridge when it was set on fire in the past.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JamieKrueger

We wish you best of luck. But you'll have to forgive my suspicions of any thing related the Amiga Inc up to now.

Plaz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:
If Jamie uses any of the AVD code in an Amiga INC project, while he is an employee, then that code belongs to AInc, and cannot be used in any other project. Thats why Drawstudio cannot be released under GPL. So to me, this looks like goodbye AVD.

That would be the way I see it too. One option I see... the current code is not part of the hire, and he can release it open source for some one else to continue. Everyone who belives that might happen raise your hand.

Plaz

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »