Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Currently open projects
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
These are the currently open projects on OpenAmiga.

Gutenprint 5.2
Uniform ARexx Dictionary Interface
Message subscription broker
ReAction menu.class
Graphical Common Download Manager
Quick user space application to terminate runaway apps.
Listbrowser gadget with cell mode
Emblem icon plugin
Embedded menues
Clipboard selector
Screenshot utility
Nvidia 2D graphics driver
Multiuser advanced
Assign manager

If you're interested in picking up any of these projects then send a PM to me here on amigans.net or on Openamiga.org

I'm currently in the process of verifying the status of all assigned projects which may result in that the open projects list will grow a bit.

Edited by orgin on 2014/4/2 8:21:20
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Currently open projects
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Dunno if it right topic to dicuss, but is "only reaction" still point of openamiga projects ? I just checking "screenshot utilitty" to see, if SnapIT already support all of this which suggested in, and while is it, its based on MUI, while at end i read "Any gui must use reaction"

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, it should use reaction (or rather graphics lib etc since reaction is not something separate any more). Using different UI engines for system applications would be a bit silly. Imagine half of the prefs programs using MUI and the other half not, that would be rather messy. The OS install needs to be consistent.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@orgin
You are correct regarding MUI. It is a 3rd party GUI system not under our control and thus should not be used for potential OS components.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

In between playing Dark Souls 2 I've started work on completely rewriting the XADFileSystem as a new-style vector port filesystem. Would this project be of any interest to OpenAmiga?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

I would think so

Anyway, it´s of interest for me I´m often nagged to do a new backup tool with compression/divide of the backup to a number of backup media etc. XAD would be a nice-to-have for such things (besides XPK).

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@salass00

Yes absolutely. Submit it as a project and I'll assign you to it.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

That sounds fantastic; I assume it would allow me to ditch libzip to read from zipped archives?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trixie

I think it would be better to use XAD directly to do that, rather than rely on a filesystem having been installed and, presumably, configured to open the exact archive that you want?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I don't know if this is interesting to anyone but I just started doing a reimplementation of xfdmaster.library for AmigaOS 4.x in C.

The original xfdmaster.library code I'm basing this on is in 100% 680x0 assembler so this is kind of a crazy/interesting project.

http://libxad.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libxad/libxfd/source/

So far I have only worked on the master library itself and no tests have been done with it yet.

Some notes on current state of development:
- Most/all of the API functions for dealing with hunk stuff and relocation are not fully implemented and will return XFDERR_NOTSUPPORTED.
- All other API functions are implemted and should (hopefully) be working.
- No internal clients are implemented yet.
- Loading of external clients is implemented.
- Only 680x0 clients are currently supported (client functions are called using IExec->EmulateTags()).

As converting all the internal clients to C code will probably turn out to be a lot of work a simple stop gap solution would probably be to just compile them as a 680x0 LoadSeg()-able binary blob for now.

For those interested the source code for the current WIP alpha version can be downloaded from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26 ... /xfdmaster-os4-wip-src.7z

Edit: Just updated code by adding the hidden A6 xfdMasterBase parameter to all EmulateTags() calls.

Edited by salass00 on 2014/7/31 22:40:21
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Regarding the multi-user system: I created something like that years ago for OS3, but it didn't actually use security so it was basically a system for handling multiple profiles. the reason for that was the underlying filesystem permissions - there was nothing to prevent anyone starting up with no startup-sequence for example and accessing other people's files for example. Is a multi-user filesystem a part of this project? Or is there some other system that this user system will sit on top of?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
New version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26 ... /xfdmaster-os4-wip-src.7z

Some progress:
- Fixed loading of external slaves (tested to be working now).
- Added support for PPC native slaves.
- Ported/rewrote XPK internal slaves (also tested to be working).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

I'll give it a try when you get the PowerPacker client working (which IIRC is built-in). That's pretty much all I use XFD for these days.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:
Is a multi-user filesystem a part of this project? Or is there some other system that this user system will sit on top of?
The description of the project (http://openamiga.org/?function=viewproject&projectid=22) mentions "file group settings" and "file permissions" as points to consider. The synopsis even specifies "involving file and process ownership". But note also that the synopsis starts with the word "Design", not "Implement" or "Create" like several other projects.

This may or may not be intentional, but it would make good sense to me that the most important step would be to have a common understanding of what needed to be done where (file systems, dos, kernel, env-handler, various tools and utilities, ...) before anything was actually implemented. And after that, if the design is approved, the implementation can be made by OS developers as well as external contributors, under some form of coordination.

But that's just my take, I don't know if that is actually the intention of OpenAmiga and/or the OS4 development team.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:
Is a multi-user filesystem a part of this project? Or is there some other system that this user system will sit on top of?

Perhaps creating an OS4 native version of PFS3 should be a separate project. The PFS3 source code is available.

Preferably it would be ported, and then updated to use the new DOS vector API. However, just having a working native version would be a good start.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

What is max file size on that filesystem?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
What is max file size on that filesystem?

I hadn't thought about limits. The simple answer is, I'm not sure. I did a quick search and discovered that Toni Wilen was/is working on increasing the limits. I have no idea what the limits are of the most recent stable release.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
PFS3 already supports 64-bit DOS packets (both the AmigaOS4 and MorphOS flavors): http://repo.or.cz/w/AROS.git/commit/8 ... aa29a553f5232030a382f0ff3
http://repo.or.cz/w/AROS.git/blob/89f ... tohandlerinterface.c#l306

While this was in the planning phase, he wrote on the AROS ML that the file size will be stored in 48 bits, and the max partition size will be at least 1T. These might have changed since though.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

48 bits should give a theoretical filesize limit of just under 256 TB.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »