Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »
Re: Wings Remastered
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If you think this will work on an X1000 with R7 270X, i will preorder as soon as i can afford it. Nice work

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona,

Very nice work !
Just preordered :)

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Shamron
Why not download the demo, and ascertain whether it runs on your system?

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Daytona
Hows it going? The new screenshots look amazing! that smoke is cool! What is your ETA for commercial release please?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is no update since 06.04.2016 in he diary. Does that means nothing happen since this date?

SAM 460 @ 1150 Mhz , 2GB RAM, 1TB HD +250 GB HD, 4x SATA Controller,Club 3D R7 250 + Warp3D Driver,PCIe 7.1 Soundcard,Fractal Design Define R3 artic white,AmigaOS 4.1FE, Ultra Accounts ,Mace, Dir me up, Gimp ,YAM. Turboprint 7.6
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Daytona???

Any news?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hopefully he's busy on the OpenGL wrapper for Warp3D Nova.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As per his blog the OpenGLES wrapper is finished and he's moving back onto Wings. Both great news.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Caras

Quote:
As per his blog the OpenGLES wrapper is finished and he's moving back onto Wings. Both great news.

Wow that's awesome!!! 10,000 thumbs up.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
guys I reached out to Daniel and he was kind enough to give me the latest update below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wings: it is almost done since months. Beta testing had already been started but then the project fell into hibernation again 😕
What remains to be done is bug fixing (mostly dogfight AI related; some airplane model LODs need extra love; some other minor stuff), the Compositing render path (all the rendering layer had been rewritten during the project, and the Compositing backend has not been fully reimplemented yet) and some details here and there.

Before anybody asks: no, I have not taken or seen or wanted even a single dime of those preorders so far, when the game is done, then and only then I'll request my share.

And no, the game has not been released yet. There exist packages for people who asked for a CD which only contains a dev demo build from about one year ago.

It is preorders so if people dont want to wait longer they can cancel it and get their money back.

It is done when it's done. I and only I will say when. Any news on that from other sources is nonsense.
Sorry that this has become a neverending story but it is as it is.

Unfortunately this is one of those seldom projects for which I have heavily underestimated the workload (yesyes, T57 too but thats a different story, there the "port" became half of a rewrite because of bad original code).

Wings is no port in the sense that you have some rather portable C code.

It is a game written from scratch with only a pile of partially incomplete or broken or faaar too heavy assets and a few js scripts and such as base. Plus an exe and some youtube vids to check out how it should work and look like.
The conversion and downstripping of the hundreds of 3D models took muuuuuuuch more time than I had thought. So did level "conversion" and especially the testing etc (countless maps you all have to check for little issues caused by buggy original data or because you missed subtle details)

If you spend month after month with sth like that, workflow and motivation doesn't become better 😕And other projects are to be done as well.And other projects are to be done as well.Both for a living and for Amiga.
Anyway, on some day it will be done. I won't trash a project that has costed so much sweat and has come so far."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it's 'almost' done but done only when it's done and I for one am very fine with that considering Daniels track record with various successful Amiga projects

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

I heard nothing from the main company behind this (Cinemaware) since months and haven't got an answer to two emails i sent them.
So i really do hope Daniel *WILL* get his share once he's finished.
Though i fear Cinemaware will cease to exist before that...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is going to be OT, but since i don't know who to ask here goes.

Who is responsible for the development of minigl.library?
I think i read somewhere that it is sitting on an Open Source repository?
Who will be doing a new release?

Reason is, there were some additions done (years ago by Daytona) that i would need in an "official" library to be able to release a port of mine to the public. (Otherwise the bugs in that port prevent me from that)

Is there still a "new" minigl.library (project) coming from Daytona?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts
Yo John, this forum here I actually do monitor
Yes, it's done when it's done and it will be done and unfortunately it's almost done for a long time already

@Raziel
Quote:
Who is responsible for the development of minigl.library?

The last ~ four years Biró, Hans and I improved / fixed it from time to time. But it is not "our" project, so I'd only call us "responsible" to a certain degree

Quote:
I think i read somewhere that it is sitting on an Open Source repository?

Here it is. Yes, the source is open to check out, but it's not GPL or whatever.
http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com ... niGL/branches/updates-kc/
If you want to commit stuff then ask Hyperion for access.

Quote:
Who will be doing a new release?

You can compile yourself a recent version. Or you can take those binaries I once provided in that 7z there (probably outdated already).
Other than that I asume (pure personal asumption) that Hyperion will distribute a fresh version via amiupdate from time to time (or maybe if you request it) or when the next OS or SDK update is being released.

On the other hand: there's an MiniGL lib download on os4depot!
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... river/graphics/minigl.lha
Hans made that in 2015, so probably he's the one to ask for a fresh "official" binary update through that channel?

Quote:
Is there still a "new" minigl.library (project) coming from Daytona?

Yes, MiniGL Reloaded. Guess what: almost done (here's an old early video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFVXagrafQ )

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Soooo, if you are not the one doing the "official" builds for minigl, i take it that minigl reloaded is something else?

(Sorry, if you already explained that, i keep forgetting stuff i should remember)

I still have that 7zipped release and i still use that to betatest residualvm, but without an official release of that lib/fix i can do nothing with port.

Thank you again very much for implementing all that stuff to make it work back then.

@Hans

Could we please have a new minigl.library with all the bells and whistles added in the meantime?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Could we please have a new minigl.library with all the bells and whistles added in the meantime?

Sorry, but I stopped working on MiniGL years ago, and have no idea what changes have been made since the last version I made. I'm not going to create a release of something when I'm not sure what the changes are, or if they've been adequately tested.

A new release should come from someone who's made the more recent changes. There's a nice little script to build the release archive, so it's not hard.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans,Biro, Daniel

If for example i will build it all, made an archive, put there, so any of you can say if all fine and say "ok", and then i can upload it on os4depot ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That would be great...i could rule out minigl issues in sdl1/2 (opengl part) apps

...and i don't think we will get something "official" from Hyperion anyway (at least not in a *fair* amount of time

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans
Actually, the current version with Birós and my fixes over the last years is most likely much better tested in real world than most of the stuff made before. Most of our changes were direct consequences from feature requests (which were tested then by the requesting party) or from reported bugs or MGL bugs we found when actually working with it, e.g. during Freespace dev or MGL Reloaded dev or A1222 dev, which revealed tons of bugs in MGL which nobody even noticed until then, although they were often pretty obvious and some even showed in the GL demo progs (so much to the quality of previous tests...)

So all in all you can be 100% sure that this is the most bug-free and feature-rich MGL version that ever existed.

The only reason why you are now the one who's required to do some action is because you happen to be the one who uploaded a version to os4depot in 2015 - which is unfortunately definitely a version which is extremely outdated by now and known to be full of now fixed bugs. And as Raziel pointed out its existence blocks further game dev.

Now you may either update your upload or delete it (or rename it by appending "outdated" or whatever) so that somebody else can upload a fresh version and so that people don't get too confused.

@kas1e
Sounds good to me. But nevertheless Hans should take action so that we don't end up with MiniGL-downloads confusion on os4depot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daniel
Anyone can upload new minigl version over hans's one, just hans will have mail about if he doesnt mind from os4depot, or even Orgin directly can be asked there so he can delete old one and allow to upload new one, i.e. i can sort it all for all of you if noone have time for

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »