Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: Filer 53.27 uploaded
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

try now ...

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Now it's ok

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

I've recently fixed a bug related to that so please download the latest dev release and see if it's still possible to reproduce.

Yep you got it. I can't get that to happen any more.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
That bug has been really annoying me for a long time, so I am glad to hear that it is probably fixed now

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin
Your filer is a piece of crap!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

Thanks!

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Anonymous
@Snuffy

Wow.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Resized Image

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Origin

I was able to try the new filer only now.. i am not able to perform this action :

Quote:

CTRL + Left double-click on a folder,device or assign will open a new
lister in the clicked path.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

Works fine here so I can't help you if you don't specify more information. Does it work from the menu? Does Ramiga+N work? Can you open preferences from the menu? How do you start the filer? Do you get an error requester?

The only reason I can think of is that the filer can't find the filer executable to start a new filer on your system. It simply tries to start "Filer 'path'". And if that's your problem you need to check how you start the filer in the first place. Like checking the COMMAND/HOME tooltypes in the FilerCX.

Note that starting from context menus can be problematic if you don't have filer and filerprefs in the system path.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

I use the filer running the commodity in wbstartup, i set the command path and the home path and infact if i do a doubleclick on the wb i have a lister on my wb.. i can open the prefs with the combo you suggested me so i think it is ok, but if i try to open the sys partition with the combo : " CTRL + LMB " it doesn't work..

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

Does the menu item "Open in new lister" work? (Select something in the filer then select that menu item)

Note that it's not "CTRL + LMB" it's "CTRL + Doubleclick LMB".

The menu item uses the same code as the ctr+dbl click does so if the menu item works then you have something in your system that eats up ctrl key strokes.

I prepared this binary that prints the current keyboard qualifier every time you double click. If you want to you can download it and make a few tests with/without the ctrl button pressed. If you have CTRL pressed while double clicking it should say "Qualifier=8".

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

Does the menu item "Open in new lister" work? (Select something in the filer then select that menu item)

Yes, it works perfectly

Quote:

Note that it's not "CTRL + LMB" it's "CTRL + Doubleclick LMB".

Yes i know, sorry but i did a mistake when typing..

if press CTRL + Doubleclick LMB it simply opens the device in the workbench.. in my case the work or sys partitions..

I' ll test it, when it is ready let me know

Edit : I have just downloaded the filer and i' ll test it immediatly

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@origin

if i press CTRL and select from the lister a device like my sys partition or another one, it opens a console with : "Qualifier=8" and a new lister

if try to do the same directly from the workbench screen double clicking the sys partition with the LMB and CTRL it simply open the partition on the workbench..

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

"if i press CTRL and select from the lister a device like my sys partition or another one, it opens a console with : "Qualifier=8" and a new lister"

Okey so it all works as it should then.

"if try to do the same directly from the workbench screen double clicking the sys partition with the LMB and CTRL it simply open the partition on the workbench.."

Sorry but I don't quite follow what you're trying to do. It looks like you're saying that you expect the filer to open when you ctrl+double click an icon in a workbench window. If that's what you're saying then of course it won't open a filer. Workbench is workbench and filer is filer. ctrl+double click is just about doing it in the filer, not workbench.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

OK, it's my fault.. i have understood that the filer could open a device directly from the workbench with that combo opening a new filer.. it' s my fault

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin

Thanks!

Of all the file mangers in the world, Filer is the only one I ever got Amiga DOS errors.
Move error:
'DH10:Download/NEW/December/Packages/srec.lha' is neither a filer nor a folder, cannot move.

I didn't create this DOS error, filer did something to provoke it. I tried to point-out that it the first file in a drawer that causes this.
I'm sorry I lost my cool. To avoid conflicts and confrontations anymore, I'm not going to use it. Please continue without me. I believe AmigaOS should have it's own file manager!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

If people test programs,and find bugs so that them can be fixed. Thats a good thing so others don't have to deal with them. So keep on testing software.

X5000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

That is not a DOS error. That is the file system reporting something to the Filer that the Filer does not recognize so it opens a requester telling the user about it.

I move and copy files all the time every day without any problems. So if I'm going to be even remotely able to find out what goes wrong on your system (the filer or something else) you have to provide a ton of information and a repeatable and usable test case so I can reproduce it on my own system. Until you do that the only thing I can do with your report is to put it in the 'the users system is totally screwed so it's not my problem' or 'this user just have a grudge and is filing a false error report to discredit me' folder.

Did you honestly believe that your report was going to be helpful with the zero information that you provide? Don't you think I've tried to move and copy files thousands of times?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

I updated the FilerCX commodity to do something like what you wanted.

Download it here

Though note that I wasn't able to prevent the workbench from opening it's own windows as well as a Filer, so while I'll keep the code in FilerCX I will not make a big fuzz about it. (And please don't report that it doesn't always detect double clicks, I already know about that.)

It uses the same mouse button as you have configured in the FilerCX tooltypes plus holding down CTRL.

For the techically interested: when I detect a ctrl+double click on an icon I check if it's a folder icon, open a Filer window and use DisposeCxMsg() to get rid of the click event. Unfortunately workbench seems to get the event anyway, regardless of what priority I give the FilerCX commodity.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »