Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 »
Digital Universe, version 1.7 status
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
[Edit] Changed title to be more relevant to the current thread !

Not much interest to readers here as I assume you all already have Digital Universe, but I have decided to offer DU at reduced prices during the festive season. As I don't "do Christmas" it is a winter solstice sale

The news item may have alrady appeared by the time you read this

Version 1.7 of DU is almost complete but currently on hold as my main (and only active) beta tester has a broken Amiga One at the moment so is unable to do any testing. I am using this period to add a few more features to DU that would not have appeared until a later version.

The Arexx interafce has had a good overhaul with many new command, the Amiga Guide for the Arexx support can be viewd in html format at http://www.digitaluniverse.org.uk/arexxpages

If anyone has any requests for any Arexx commands they may find useful, ask me and if easy to do I can get them into v1.7.

Finally a sister application to DU, 3D Stars will be appearing on OS4 Depot soon. This had already been tested and it was just doumentation and translations needing preparing before was ready. I still need to do the installer but that should not take long.

DU users will automatically have a registered version and need do nothing more than download and install it.

Other users will have an unregistered version but can apply for a keyfile if they wish by making a small donation towards deveopment.

Though not provided with 3D Stars, if you have any red/green or red/blue 3D glasses the application can use stereo mode for enhaced viewing.

Finally, merry solstice, Xmas, Saturnalia or whatever it is you celebrate at this time of year, and don't get too drunk - leave that to me

Bill.

Edited by BillE on 2012/7/10 10:26:51
Go to top
Re: Seasonal Sale, version 1.7 status, 3D Stars
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE
Is "3D Stars" intended more for fun/eye-candy? Flying around the Milkyway sounds kind of fun, especially if there is an optional "you are here" arrow pointing to the Sun/Earth.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

Is "3D Stars" intended more for fun/eye-candy? Flying around the Milkyway sounds kind of fun, especially if there is an optional "you are here" arrow pointing to the Sun/Earth.

Yes it is, it is not a serious application - apart from the fact the data is accurate. Star names are not included in the data base so there will be no big arrow. However when you back off you cannot miss the sun and then watch it get further away until it becomes a bright star.

In fact the 3DS logo seen at http://www.digitaluniverse.org.uk/3dstars/index.html shows the nearby sun with Orion to the right and Sirius, the second brightest star in the ksy after the sun, the the left.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE

What do you need a betatester to do?

You can see my hardware in the Extras Info and maybe already know that my time is pretty restrained, but if i can help, just shout...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@BillE

That's a great offer or a great program. I would like to order the full version of it. But I'm among the download version and the CD version. I just would like to know if the CD version has a manual with it and a box, something that I would like to have. If not, then I will go for the download version.

Thanks again for your fine work

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

The manual is in the form of an Amiga Guide. There is no printed manual.

To be honest, unless like me you have restricted access speed, I would go for the download. It is cheaper and you will get it sooner. Apart from the physical CD, a jewel case and some artwork you do not get any more than the download version.

If you do require a CD there is an option to download an ISO as an alternative to the usual lha file if you wish. The artwork is also included.

I think the downloadable ISO is only v1.5 and you still have to download the 1.6 update. The physical CD has both 1.5 and the 1.6 update on it.

Whatever you do, you will probably have to download the v1.7 update later on.

Hope this helps.

Bill.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@BillE

Thanks for your really helpfull reply. I already ordered the download version. Keep up the good work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

walkero wrote:
Thanks for your really helpful reply. I already ordered the download version. Keep up the good work.

I just noticed when I picked up my email.

You will find your download details next time you collect yours.

Thanks for the support.

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:

What do you need a betatester to do?.

1. Find all my mistakes before I release it. Lee is VERY good at this. Programmers get so involved with the current things we tend to miss when they break older things that previously worked well.

2. Do a lot of faffing about changing assigns and backing up your current version. Being prepared for your system to crash - it has happened before now.

3. Tell me how wonderful all the improvements since v1.6 are

Bill.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@BillE

Quote:

You might want to update your version of GuideML

That page does not specify a background colour, but it does have white text specified for one bit, which is invisible here!

Newer GuideML sets all the colours, which fixes this issue (I just checked).

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:

You might want to update your version of GuideML

Newer GuideML sets all the colours, which fixes this issue (I just checked).

Maybe it was a while ago since I downloaded it, thanks for the tip.

Quote:

That page does not specify a background colour, but it does have white text specified for one bit, which is invisible here!

I see the bit you mean. In the original guide it is white on blue so stands out, but is invisible in the html version.

Thanks for pointing that out, I have to go to work now but will grab a newer copy of GuideML tonight, or failing that fix the HTML manually.

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

Is "3D Stars" intended more for fun/eye-candy? Flying around the Milkyway sounds kind of fun.

Why not see for yourself - http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... y/scientific/3d_stars.lha

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE

Website still says it's "upcoming"

When will we be able to get the new features?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
DU version 1.7 status
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hopefully not too long.

Registered users can try out the DEMO version now, it is not quite the final version of the DEMO I will be uploading to OS4 Depot and Aminet as that is still being tested.

The demo can be found at dudemo17.lha.

This will require a username and password to download it.

The user name is your real name you used to buy DU but with no spaces - the server won't accept them in the UID. The UID is also case sensitive. The name need the initial letters in uppercase.

eg. John Smith would have the uid "JohnSmith".

The password is your Digital Universe registration number. This seems NOT to be case sensitive and can be with or without the spaces.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Those who bought DU direct from Syzygy rather than via myself please contact me with the UID you would like to use and your registration number and I can set up the login.

Those who bought DU from me, I have already set up the logins. But if anyone has a problem or wants to change their UID then contact me with your registration number.

The DU "Contact Us" webform

e-mail - BIILL at DIGITALUNIVERSE dot ORG dot UK

or PM me here.

Edited by BillE on 2012/7/8 21:50:50
Edited by BillE on 2012/7/9 10:25:50
Go to top
Re: DU version 1.7 status
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

BillE wrote:

The demo can be found at dudemo17.lha.
Bill, you have a typo in the (real) link, the filename part is duemo17.lha instead of dudemo17.lha.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Thanks for pointing that out, I have corrected the link.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ BillE

My budding 7 year old astrologist is looking forward to it

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I will purchase it as soon as it is available

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

328gts wrote:

What, you mean he wants to tell people's fortunes !

I think you meant astronomer

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

BillE wrote:
Quote:

328gts wrote:

What, you mean he wants to tell people's fortunes !

I think you meant astronomer

LOL, I know she enjoys looking at stars & is fascinated with space, whatever it's called

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 »