Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
203 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 202

kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS4.1 & Windows skinning
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi All,

Is there a way to change the skin of the windows on AmigaOS 4.1 ?

Regards,
Fred
Odysssey-Creators
http://www.odyssey-creators.com

Go to top
Re: AmigaOS4.1 & Windows skinning
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@freddix

Yes go to SYS:Prefs/GUI, there you can change (almost) every aspect of the GUI, you can also go to SYS:Prefs/Presets there you should have a drawer with some predefined themes (don't remember its name right now though)

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban :
Thank you for this information.

There are no tools to handle directly skin theme ?

I've checked in SYS:PREFS folder and the tools I've found concerning Amiga OS 4 GUI did only change colours of texts and some others stuffs .. but nothing to change the skins themselves ..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@freddix

As I said, in SYS:Prefs/Presets there is a drawer with some predefined themes, in it you'll get icons on which you can click to change the whole skin/gui.

BTW, in SYS:Prefs/GUI program you can change everything, be sure to look the tab about the imagery (don't remember its name), basically it's a drawer containing pictures for some gadgets of the gui (cycle menus, close, gadget etc.) in the GUI program you only choose the drawer with the complete set, however if you wish you can rework them in a paint program.
Some of this pictures override settings of the GUI program (for example the window title bar IIRC)

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
if you wish you can rework them in a paint program.
Some of this pictures override settings of the GUI program (for example the window title bar IIRC)

Can you (or anyone else for that matter) offer a hint about how to change the titlebars in ImageFX so the black background of the titlebar image doesn't end up showing as black instead of invisible?

I got the rounded corner title bar changed to a color I wanted, but I can't figure out what I should be doing to avoid the "corners" showing up after modifying the image. Obviously, I'm not very adept at using ImageFX past the basics.

I assume it has something to do with the alpha channel in the png image. But I've tried opening and saving the file both with and without the alpha channel, and it makes no difference. Either way, the corners end up showing.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@freddix

Hi,

is there a change to port any of your software to OS4.x?

Thank you.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaBlitter:
It's the objective and main interest of creating a language similar to DarkBASIC & AMOS ;)
( cf : http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... php?topic_id=2224&forum=3 )

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Paul

Did you save it as a 24-bit (32-bit at all) PNG image?
If that was not the problem your welcome to send me the image and I will have a look at it!

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mason

Quote:

Mason wrote:

Did you save it as a 24-bit (32-bit at all) PNG image?
If that was not the problem your welcome to send me the image and I will have a look at it!

Thanks for the offer of help. Today I went in to make a few further adjustments to the theme, and after a reboot when ImageFX locked up, the title bar came up with rounded corners and no background in the corners anymore. I have no idea why.

ImageFX didn't give any option for color depth when I saved the files. It only offered check boxes for saving alpha channel, interlace, and file comments.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @freddix

There are no tools to handle directly skin theme ?
No. Designing texture, title bars, or actually creating patterns is done in a favorate paint program. I use FXPaint2 and Sys:IconEditor for almost everything.
For example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/1286981975/

I've checked in SYS:PREFS folder and the tools I've found concerning Amiga OS 4 GUI did only change colours of texts and some others stuffs .. but nothing to change the skins themselves ..
You have to spend some time with the Sys:Prefs/GUI. There's a lot of control over the themes from 'Menus' there.

Go to top

Register To Post