Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 27 »
Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Honestly kas1e is it could be fixed by adding a few "usuall "debug printf" " then it would fixed by now

Something somewhere, and I've searched through the code many times, is trashing the pointers in the array of images, causing either crash on exit or a crash on startup depending abit on when the trash occurs, it's random, it occurs for every datatype except PICTURE datatypes, (which are handled by a different branch in the code) the fact that people associated it woth text is just that text is the most common data opened in MultiView(er)

It seems to vary from build to build which doesn't help matters, my most recent build just ran 100 times with no crash. (test script) but as I didn't fix it explicitly youcan be sure it's still there.

Working on it is all I can say.

@trixie

You know where the code is if you want point out my obvious mistake all help greatly received

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
For me it crashes only with .txt files, in all other cases i didn't get any crash. Pictures opens always fine, just once .txt , then lockup. I mean for those few weeks i use it , i never crash on anything, but only on .txt . And probably few times on .doc. But that can be pure luck of course ..

Is multiviewer use that shared.image class ? Can it also be cause of it ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

yes Multiviewer uses shared.image no it is not the cause of it (otherwise Pictures would crash too)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Same here, hangs with .txt files, all the rest works fine.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Ah, thanks, that did it.

Are you interested in features i need to completely switch to X-Dock?

I understand you are the author/maintainer of X-Dock?

It's nice in it's current state, but need some more user configuration possibilities.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

We are always interested in suggestions for improvements and features. Thanks for your help !

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have yet to find out how to add programs to (or even open) subdocks.
I can add them to the main dock, but clicking on it's button doesn't open a new dock to add programs.

Isn't there a readme somewhere?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

For some reason the subdock didn't show (after i set the main docks transparency to 100% and back to 50%).

Deleted everything, created a new one and now it works.

Here is the stuff i need to make X-Dock my one and only dock

1) Support the actual dockies, i.e. fancy.docky, time.docky, zzdh's dockies etc.
Right now only the icon of the docky is added and shown, but the docky itself is not executed (animated).

But maybe i'm doing something wrong?

2) Support "ActiveApps" dockies, like YAM with it's letter after new mail arrived, or AmiUpdate with it's animation and arrow when updates are available or Wet with it's changing information icons.

3) Add the possibility to have (transparent 0-100%) borders around subdock (if the subdock is open), even if the main dock is 100% transparent. In other words, make the "Visuals" tab accessable from a subdock.

4) Add a "Spacer" seperator, it's just like the normal seperator, but you can't see it, it just adds a blank space so one can move the icons further apart and distinguish them from their neighbors.
I need such as i'm using a 100% transparent dock over a 50% transparent dock which is also 50% smaller in height and the visible seperator will go over that and just look awful and out of place.

5) Add the possibility to set the width and height of a dock freely.
e.g. i want to have a dock that spans all the way from left to right, but i will only have two programs in there which will be set far right or left.
Right now the docky is sized according to the icons/programs it has.

That's the important stuff i can think of right now.

Here comes the eye candy stuff:

1) Add the possibility to have the program icons grow in size (e.g. 1.5x) on a mouse over event and move the neighboring icons accordingly to the left or right...i think MacOS did/does it that way? Looks fancy.

2) Add the possibility for a gradient as background (2 color, 3 color, whatever fits) e.g. In Preferences/Visuals/Background i'd like to give two colors (i.e. yellow and red) and the dock paints a gradient from yellow over orange to red as background (looks great especially with Vertical docks).

3) This will probably be related to the 2) in the important list.
Add the possibility for animated dock icons, either on mouse over event or on mouse click. e.g. if i'm over an icon it could go through different states and "animate" itself, same for mouse click. (These have to be created first, of course)

Well, thats all for now

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Notifications 53.66 (22.12.2016)

Feature Request for Ringhio:

Add the possibility to mark notifications from certain programs as "Important".

e.g. in the "Applications" list there could be a checkmark right beneath the "Details" where one can mark the application "Important".

Also there should be the possibility to play a personalized sound for those important applications which the user could choose, a different sound for every application.

And finally you could make those important application notifications stay on screen (if the user chooses) until he/she confirms it by clicking it away (or at least let the user choose how long it stays on the screen).

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:

1) Add the possibility to have the program icons grow in size (e.g. 1.5x) on a mouse over event and move the neighboring icons accordingly to the left or right...i think MacOS did/does it that way? Looks fancy.

Lots of good sugestions there but this one is patented by Apple ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Ah, didn't know that.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
I'd just like to point out that I haven't had a problem viewing text files with Multiviewer (v2.8) on my X1000 with OS4.1FEu1. However, I installed it manually on my work partition for testing and haven't yet got around to replacing Multiview with Multiviewer. As a result, I only read text files with Multiviewer by opening it with a Dopus4 button or Workbench menu. Maybe I'm just not using it often enough to encounter the problem.

On the other hand, I only have selected files from the Enhancer package installed on my system and have Multiviewer set to open single files. I'm also using an older version of graphics.library instead of the OS4.1FEu1 graphics.library to avoid the constant flood of timer device messages. It's possible the Multiviewer 'text' problem is being caused by something I don't have installed.

Have you or anyone else tried booting from a stripped down boot partition that only has files needed for Multiviewer to run and load text files?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

You were just lucky I'm afraid, it was a very random bug, and the exact symptoms could change from build to build.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris @ribdevil @xenic @kas1e

After trawling through the MultiViewer code dozens of times, Andy did not give up and has found the problem.

The internal beta has the bug fix now and we are all very pleased that it is resolved. Thanks Andy for your endurance with this one.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@amigakit/broadblues

Well done Andy, top work! I look forward to being able to use this again

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Chris, email me and I will send you a preview of the new verison for you to verify.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
MultiEdit 1.4 (14.12.2016)

Some bugs with the word wrapping feature.

1) Setting "Wordwrap as you type" in "Settings" is lost after quitting the program...it's even lost when i set it, save the settings and open another instance of MultiEdit. The checkmark will always be empty.

2) Word Wrapping will fall over when editing already written lines e.g. i let it wrap at position 83. This is my test file:
Ten years have passedShe was still not able to talk about the things she didOne
 day she was struggling 
while preparing the meals and started cutting herself with 
the kitchen knifes
Sure it hurtbut the images of her friends bloody corpses went
 away
at least briefly.

The first time writing this, all went well.
But now, go to line 2 and switch "cutting herself" with "cutting the vegetables"...the whole word wrapping for the rest of the document will be borked.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Set word wrapping to 83
2) Write the text (not sure it will work with copy and paste)
3) Double-click (mark) "herself" in line 2
4) Write "the vegetables"

For me the line will be wrapped once vegetables is written, but the wrapping is completely borked as it cuts at the "s" and merges it with the following word "with", it looks like this:
day she was struggling while preparing the meals and started cutting the vegetable 
wsith 
the kitchen knifes

And further on, the wrapping will brutally cut words in half on the wrapping position.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Mark the last word in the first line "One"
2) Write "Every" and see it being cut to the next line at the exact wrapping position.
Ten years have passedShe was still not able to talk about the things she didEve
ry
 day she was struggling 
while preparing the meals and started cutting the vegetable

From now on, every new line won't be wrapped, but cut.
Ten years have passedShe was still not able to talk about the things she didEve
ry
 day she was struggling 
while preparing the meals and started cutting the vegetable 
wsith 
the kitchen knifes
 away
at least briefly.

While 
she cherished the time before the incidentshe could not forgive what Chris
topher did to her
The night they went out was to be meant to be her most anticipat
ed
but it became her most hatedImages of horror and creatures drawn from nightma
re flashes before her eyes

I left the rest of the text intact, so you can see that it's all in one editing.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Exchanger doesn't have an "About" tab in it's info window, i miss that because one can easily copy the programs information for bug reporting.

Well it doesn't have an "About" tab because there's nothing to put in it. All the necessary information is in the requester body text already.

The fact that the body text cannot be selected and copied is another story; it uses Label Image (like Requester Class) whereas tab panels use Texteditor Gadget to allow longer text and scrolling.

Quote:
I can make Exchanger fall over
[...]
(it does matter if the ScreenBlankerEngine was in the list before, because it will fall over as soon as ScreenBlankerEngine gets *removed* from Exchanger's list)

I've just fixed this bug by making the program monitoring code more foolproof. ScreenBlankerEngine is a bit of a rogue because it does some pretty non-standard things with its registration. Not only it registers three times (!), once as a commodity and twice as an application under different names, but it also behaves like a unique application without actually being registered as unique. So instead of letting the Application Library handle the rejection of the second instance, it briefly registers for the second time and unregisters immediately, also unregistering the previous instance. Weird stuff!

Edited by trixie on 2017/5/18 10:23:14
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Did new multiviewer (if you recieve one from Mattew already) fix your freezes on .txt ? For me problems gone.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 27 »