Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

amiupdate and conversion from old format to new
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Have used latest amiupdate since it was released (v2.34), and notice that till that time (i think in those 2-4 weeks), i have about 3-4 times spawned window of "The rollback directory contains entries in the older format. We can convert this to FORMAT_ISO for your convenience now. This operation is highly recommended otherwise restore functionality may be seriously affected". I all the time press "Continue" and all going well.

Question is: did it should be there from time to time depends on something , or it should be just 1 time and there is something wrong going on ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: amiupdate and conversion from old format to new
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, I've had the same occurence. I think this may be because there were more than one update directory of the same date within the rollback dir.

I manually copied over the update files from the old format date dir to the new format date dir and then deleted the old format date dir - since then, no more request windows asking to do the date conversion.

Looks like a probable bug in the date conversion routine though?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Today have the same window, again.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Then it's possible that an older format Rollback directory is being written after an update. You should check to make sure you have the latest versions of both CopyStore, update.library and AmiUpdate installed as older versions will write the earlier format directory names.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo
Seems it can be just my bad: i sometime ago do copy CopyStory to C: (you may remember topic on hyperion's forum when i ask about some programs which want copystory , but cant find them). So, then i run it one time from C:, and appdir: remember it. And then, while all the binaries inside of AmiUpdate directory updates, still copystory was 2.6 all the time imho because of appdir. Now i just delete one from C: and run one from amiupdate directory to update APPDIR:

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post