Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Any hope for DVI out support in OS4?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any chance of a HDMI Radeon being supported in the future (assuming there is a PCI HDMI Radeon...)

Sven Harvey
Amiga Mart in Micro Mart (in 2 out of 4 issues on average with a following wind)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@svenof9

HDMI is just DVI + TURDS isn't it?

(TURDS = Technology Users Rights Denial System, AKA DRM

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@fryguy

Quote:

fryguy wrote:
@LiveForIt

It works fine for me atleast, but i rarely use my Amiga now a days though. Must get an accelerator board first to make it more fun to use.

So why bag Wookie? Or better still why comment on this thread? Why not encourage the author of Wookie rather than just condemn. I really do not get your logic.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@acefnq

Sorry about that. I know it was off topic and didn't mean to say Wookiechat is bad, i think jahc is doing a great job.

I just don't like mIRC but jahc said you can configure Wookiechat to look like AmIRC etc. which i didn't know.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xeron

Quote:

xeron wrote:
@svenof9

HDMI is just DVI + TURDS isn't it?

(TURDS = Technology Users Rights Denial System, AKA DRM

make that HDMI = DVI + AUDIO + TURDS

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq

Quote:
So why bag Wookie? Or better still why comment on this thread? Why not encourage the author of Wookie rather than just condemn. I really do not get your logic.

Dont worry about it.. most IRC users are very picky about what they use to IRC with. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

Yes i am :)

Sorry again!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xeron

if you mean hdcp to stop people pirating stuff, yeah, not that it matters if that is implemented on the miggy, as its only when the output device doesn't support it and the input device demands it that there is a problem.

It's only really there to stop people copying Blu-rays and the like, so I suppose macrovision is also evil?

In any case all I wanted to know is if the HDMI ports that are appearing on cards are supported being as HDMI is essentially the international HD SCART, giving you a much better option for connecting upto those nice 1080P TVs that state "do not use a DVI to HDMI convertor with either HDMI port".

If any new Amiga hardware does appear, frankly a HDMI out is a necessity if its to be taken seriously (along with a million other things).

Sven Harvey
Amiga Mart in Micro Mart (in 2 out of 4 issues on average with a following wind)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread

Is it at all possible to use two monitors on tha Amiga-one?
I have purchased an ATI Radeon 9250 for OS4.1, and it has three connectors, Dsub, DVI, and TV-Out (Hey that's three).
I just wondered whether you would need a special driver, or whether you would have to have two different drivers installed, one for DVI and one for VGA.
We can utilise multiple screens on AmigaOS, so I just wondered if it was possible to display different screens on different monitors.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@svenof9

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for standards, and guess what connects my PS3 to my lovely high def TV?

But i don't like the fact that what data can and cannot pass along connections between my hardware are decided by large corporations.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

If you're looking to use two monitors, the DVI spec is to allow the use of two monitors per DVI connector, and most graphics cards support this so it might be better to use that than having two separate interfaces set up. I've used two monitors on my PC and one of them was VGA and the other a DVI, both connected to the DVI port via adaptors. I guess part of the work for supporting multiple monitors is already there with multiple intuition screens, but extending the desktop is a different matter entirely.

I'd like to see it too, having Workbench open and playing a DVD/video/music on the other monitor is a nice idea!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)