Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »
Re: Wings Remastered
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daytona675x

Started 10 testgls without issue, first impression is good. Trying to install Q3 next.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daniel
With latest one i run about 10 times testgl, then Cube run/exit few times, then Q3 sdl1 version, then Q3 sdl2 version, then cube few times, then testgl 5-7 times,then again q3 sdl2 version,then again q3 sdl1 version, then cube,cube,testgl (10 times) and bllbalbalabllba : works !

What is interesting to know, is was then this issue there was for some time ? I mean, why i got that crashes and with version frmo precompiled_bins.7z, while thos eextensions parts was touched after ? Or , memory overwriten was there all the time way before 2.23 and 2.22 ?

Also , maybe those "instability" issue with libtxc_dxtn wasn't libtxc_dxtn in end ? Maybe worth to try to bring it back and test all stuff again with latest sources ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Can you update the version and date binaries ?

Actually we have:

minigl.library 2.23 ( 2-May-2018)
mglut.library 2.21 (30-Nov-2015)

Perhaps both release numbers should be updated at 2.23 ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Q3 works well for me too. Tried 3 times.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Tried 3 instances of "testgl" at the same time, and iconify one , then another, and running 4st instance lockup os. I.e. not one by one and exit, but one, iconfiy, another instance, etc, and then lockup.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So, what about wings?

Will people who payed for it ever get a full Version?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
Nothing has changed. What I said here is still valid.
It's still almost done When will it be fully done? I can't say.

My motivation on this thing is low (which is what happens if you massively underestimate the workload and a project takes muuuuuuuch longer than you thought), I have other things to do too, I want to do other things too, and I'm not married to Wings (last not least because I didn't ask or take any preorder-$ so far; I'll ask for my share once it is fully done).
Occasionally I work on it, but not too often. However, some weeks ago (4.1.2020) new demo versions were published. Those reflect the current dev state. Feel free to give those a try:

Wings Demo AOS4 Warp3D
Wings Demo AOS4 Warp3D Tabor SPE
Wings Demo MorphOS
Wings Demo AROS x86
NEW: Wings Demo AOS4 MiniGL for MiniGL4GL4ES
(please don't link to these files directly, link to this comment instead. Also, please don't upload those files elsewhere. Thanks!)

Also please note that asking the same question over and over again at different places won't change anything at all and won't speed things up neither. Sorry, but that's how it is and it is as it is.
So once and for all, there are two options:

1. wait until it's done. And it's done when it's done and when I say that it's done. But yes: some day it will be done. Simply because I don't trash a game that's almost done
2. cancel your preorder at Cinemaware Retro (and no, I'm not in touch with them) if you don't want to wait.

And if you're worried what I'd do in the theoretical case that I don't get my share for whatever theoretical reasons:
I'd certainly not trash the game...

Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/2/4 10:09:40
Edited by Daytona675x on 2020/2/6 9:43:33
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x

Thanks for info.
The last demo, unfortunately, does not work on my X5000 with Polaris. Of course I have Wazp3D and MiniGL4ES.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa
Unfortunately that's "normal". The game requires true Warp3D classic, therefore no Polaris support. It does not use MiniGL.
However, adding a MiniGL render path shouldn't be too hard, after all that's pretty much identical to the OpenGL render path which is already inside for other platforms. So, if the classic W3D driver situation on Polaris doesn't improve, I will likely come up with that which in combination with MiniGL4GL4ES would support your Polaris. But right now: bad luck with that setup

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa
You are lucky
Last night I wrote a quick'n dirty MiniGL render path for Wings. At least here it works with the latest MiniGL4GL4ES, so with a bit of luck this should do on your Polaris
Grab it here.

Note: as being said - quick'n dirty, especially in combination with MGL4GL4ES which by itself is a dirty hack... So don't expect it to work 100% flawlessly and don't expect it to be too stable, especially if not running after clean boot or running for a 2nd time.

Also note that non-Polaris users should better stick to the classic Warp3D version. With the current drivers the manually optimized classic W3D render path is usually significantly faster.

Cheers,
Daniel

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x

Works well. Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
Excuseme, but I don't understand you, I understand that you isn't very motivate with the develop of Wings, but why you started other projects of Cinemaware or why you got pre-orders? this I don't understand, you didn't see where did you go? or only you though that Cinemaware was going to hire you then leave you lying while you continue accepting pre-order and CInemaware got our money and you only got problems with the Amiga users that we appreciated your work, before of Cinemaware's fraud.
Sorry but I put my money in Wings and if I know these problems I didn't have spend my money for nothing.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x
Thanks for the demo.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

cool thanks for the demo update Daniel !

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

As usual quality product from you, demo works pretty fine and fast on my Sam440, thanks

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa
Great

@Templario
I suppose you didn't understand what I wrote here and here. No offense, but maybe an english speaking spanish friend of yours can translate it to you? I really don't know how to explain the situation more clear and detailed. Also note that I never worked on any other Cinemaware projects.

@khayoz
@328gts
@samo79
Thanks, be my guest
As you can see it's really almost done. Some bugs to be fixed and a handful of gameplay details missing.

@all
Somebody uploaded the demo to MorphOS Storage. I know that this was with good intentions.
However, please don't upload those in-dev demos anywhere else.
I want to be able to quickly ( = in a minute) replace all of those ( = centralized on my server) as soon as I fix / add sth. Such external additional uploads will only result in potentially soon outdated versions floating around, causing more trouble than anything. Yes, the game has an online-update mechanism but for this to work I have to prepare update packages, version everything correctly and tell the update-server - all extra work I'd like to skip / not care about with those demos

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
I'm sorry but I not read your explanations because I visit this forum very little because I use more MorphOS than AmigaOS4.

The recover the money from preorder, better not even talk.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Templario
For not having read my explanations at all you have a bit too many half-baked semi-quotations in your previous comment, but well, I guess I don't have to understand everything or everybody

@all
The MorphOS demo has been updated. Thanks to Ernst Eiswürfel, who notified me that I had forgotten to remove an old, now contra-productive "some-GPUs-have-wrong-fog-color-bug"-patch which eventually resulted in pink dogfight fog. The respective bug has been fixed in MorphOS long ago but in the demo-build the patch was still active

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
No, you haven't understand to all people or everybody and neither all people understand you.
In my case I'm interestd for MorphOS version that I preordered, this is not the forum but this is the reason for that I not read your post, and in other sites you haven't given these explanations.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Templario:

Please calm down! You are knocking the wrong door.
You have to argue with the one who was taken your money and disappeared.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »